24th February 2015, 02:36 PM
Aniza Nagpal

How to become an excellent cardiologist?

I'm doing my Mbbs from Govt. Medical College, Patiala. I aspire to become an excellent Cardiologist... Please show me theway and guide me with tips to fulfil my dream!

6th April 2015, 05:32 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an excellent cardiologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniza Nagpal View Post
I'm doing my Mbbs from Govt. Medical College, Patiala. I aspire to become an excellent Cardiologist... Please show me theway and guide me with tips to fulfil my dream!
To become a Cardiologist is not an easy task, to become a cardiologist you must have good knowledge of the heart, arteries and veins. Basically Cardiologist will analyse circulatory illness and disorders. Doctors who deal with heart disorders are generally termed as Cardiologists.

Those who want to become a Cardiologist must have passed in the intermediate examination with biology, chemistry and physics. You need to appear for the Medical entrance test for MBBS. To become a Cardiologist, you must have completed your MBBS degree which is 5 years 6 month course which includes one year Internship also.

When you successfully completed your MBBS Degree, then further you have to join MD/MS/DNB course which is about 2 to 3 years duration. To become a Good Cardiologist, you must have a strong background in medicine and science.

DM in Cardiology is 3 year duration, you had to choose the specialization at the time of DM in Cardiology/MCh in Cardiology to become a cardiologist. You will become a cardiologist only after several years of training and hard work during with your MBBS course. When you have completed your MD/MS/DNB, course, then you have to go for a DM in Cardiology.

Roles of Cardiologist:

1. Analyze patient medical history
2. diagnostic testing
3. Review results of diagnostic testing
4. Advice patients for Medicines and additional care.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?