15th June 2013, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

How to become a genetic engineer? What is the procedure for it and fee structure?

I want to be a genetic engineer, what is procedure for it? Fee structure and also job prospects? I live in Pune.

Related Questions:
  1. Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?
  3. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  4. Procedure of getting admission in Genetic Engineering? Percentage required to fill the form and best college for this course? Fee structure of the course?
  5. List of M.Tech genetic engineering colleges in USA and Canada? What is the procedure to apply? Eligibility and the fee structure?
  6. What is the duration of genetic engineering course? Fee structure for the same?
  7. Fee structure for genetic engineering? How many years does it take? Any colleges in Mumbai for genetic engineering?
  8. How to become an Engineer after the completion of 12th? Admission Procedure for Engineering course? Fee structure for this course?
  9. Procedure for doing GENETIC ENGINEERING after +2 in medical? what is its scope?
  10. How to become a Genetic Engineer?
  11. Fee structure, Scope and list of best institutes for Genetic Engineering course?
  12. Fee structure for Genetic Engineering?
  13. How may I get fee structure and admission procedure of IIFT Delhi? How may I get details about Academic fee, Hostel fee, Library fee?
  14. What will be the fee structure for Genetic Engineering course?
  15. How can I take admission in MSc in human genetics? I have completed BSc in Agriculture
  16. Which are the courses after passing 12th biology? I want to be a genetic engineer
  17. How to become a genetic engineer after choosing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology
  18. Fee structure of government colleges for B.Tech Genetic Engineering course?
14th December 2017, 10:46 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a genetic engineer? What is the procedure for it and fee structure?

Genetic Engineering which is also known as genetic modification is a 4 years duration course. Genetic engineering is a combination of two concepts biology and engineering. Genetic engineering involves the study of DNA and genes.

Genetic Engineering Course Specializations:
Genomics
Cytogenetics
Immunogenetics
Classical Genetics
Molecular Genetics
Developmental Genetics
Clinical Genetics
Animal Energetics and Genetics
Genetic Toxicology

Eligibility:
Candidate should have passed 12th standard with biology, physics, and chemistry as core subjects.

Top Colleges of Genetic Engineering Course:
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
IITs in Delhi, Kharagpur, Madras
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Institute of Genetic engineering, Kolkata
Omsanthi Engineering College, Gujarat

A genetic engineer can work as a:
Plant Breeder
Research Associate
Security Engineer
Control engineer
Technical writer
Production Control Analyst
Field Service Engineer
Scientific/Medical Writer
Research Scientist
Junior Mustard Breeder
R&D Coordinator
Clinical Analyst
Physical Design Engineer
Genetics Laboratory Technician
Drug Discovery Engineer

Salary:
The salary of a genetic engineer in India is Rs.25, 000 to Rs.35, 000 per month.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?