12th April 2017, 01:23 PM
lovemeenameena

How to become a great scientist in future? What are the courses to study?

How to become a great scientist in future? What are the courses to study? Can you please guide me with the details? I am really looking forward to become a big scientist like Abdul Kalam in future. Please provide me your valuable suggestions. Thank you!

12th April 2017, 05:00 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become a great scientist in future? What are the courses to study?

# It is good to know that you want to become a well-known scientist in future.

# As a natural rule there is no requirement of any special educational qualification and technical skill. Only a rational, creative, innovative, natural and scientist way of thinking about everything required.

# I would like to remind that majority of great scientists of past are either less illiterate or very poor in their academic qualification such as Thomas Edison, Issac Newton, Albert Einsten, Robert Hook, Stephen Flemming etc.

# Now-a-days, the required educational qualification for becoming in reputed Government organization is as follow:

* Firstly, taken science subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics in 10+2 level.
* Thereafter, either go for engineering in any discipline or go for master degree in respective subject.
* After completion of B. Tech or B.E. or master degree in science subject, one should for competitive examination for the post of scientist conducted by DRDO and ISRO.

# Eligibility criteria for joining ISRO or DRDO as a scientist is as follow:

* Must be citizen of India.
* Candidate must have completed B.Tech or B.E. in engineering disciplines such as electronics, mechanical, computer science or electrical.
* It is mandatory that candidate must have taken minimum 60% marks throughout the academic career.
* Candidate in the final year of B.Tech or B.E. are also allowed.
* Candidate must not cross the age of 35 years.
* However, there is relaxation in upper age for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

12th April 2017, 08:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a great scientist in future? What are the courses to study?

As you want to become a scientist is highly appreciable.

In order to be recognised as a scientist you should at least poses a doctorate degree and you should have good research work in your stream of subject.

As you have not mentioned that in which subject you want to do research work so I would like to tell you that you must do your research work in which you are interested and has lot of recognition also.

Try to publish your research work in National and international journals.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?