10th February 2010, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

on what feild i should concentrate more?what book should refer gain some general knowledge. what are the feilds that should be familiar to me.

Related Questions:
11th February 2010, 12:47 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

look dera to become an IPS you need thorough knowledge of you rsubject and regarding the general knowledge books you can certainly opt for the upkar prakashan and arihant prakashan ltd books they are really good for improvin gk but that wont be sufficient enough you must be aware about each andevery events as well as you must be aware of the curent issues that are discussed in world,, so better suggestion would be join a good coaching institute and they will guide you throughthe entire procedure rether then just being so ignorant.. all the best to you and good luck....hope you get selected for the IPS...
11th February 2010, 12:46 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

There are number of upsc exams held for becoming an ips and books of arihant publications are really worthy for improving general knowledge.
All the very best
11th February 2010, 07:43 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

you can choose any subject in which you have good knowledge .. read newspapers and current articles and magazines for general knowledge
11th February 2010, 10:11 PM
thakurbaba307

well, if you really want to appear for ICS in future following books will help you in developing a good knowledge of general studies and current affairs..

1) manorama year book
2)general studies manual by tata mcgraw hill
3)pratiyogita darpan or competition success review.
4)NCERT books for history,civics,geography,economics etc..
12th February 2010, 06:34 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

for the IAS examination you should choose that subject in which you have knowledge,or the intresting subject,
and for the gk arihant publication and upkar is the best,also you should buy regular pratiyogita darpan for current affairs.
25th April 2010, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

want to become an ips, wat should i do after 2, BA or BA LLB (most preffered)???
2nd May 2010, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

what are the criteria where the selector put emphasis upon while selecting cream out of butter i.e the best people for the post? How though the test is?PLEASE REPLY
3rd May 2010, 05:53 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
screening is meant to separate the cream layer from the butter.......
it is basically done to separate some bright candidates from the mass of candidates.....

generally it is said that screening is tougher than the main exam.......
what they test in screening is that whether the candidate has the potential to face the main exams.........

so before appearing for that you should be very clear about for what purpose you are there...and that you have to get selected because you deserve that.........

best of luck
3rd May 2010, 10:29 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
on what feild i should concentrate more?what book should refer gain some general knowledge. what are the feilds that should be familiar to me.
for the civil services and IPS u can select any of the arts subjects like History and Geography and political sciences, public administration etc. since u need two subjects to opt for the main and the prelims u can opt history and geography as ur subject if u like science, u can go for botany and zoology as the same. better u can join any training institutes to get the proper training for the both exams and for the interview which is usually very hard to meet
21st May 2010, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

i want to be an ips how should i prepare ? by amit kumar jamshedpur
28th May 2010, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Are only arihant publication books are enough?
29th May 2010, 09:43 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

it is basically done to separate some bright candidates from the mass of candidates,civil services and IPS u can select any of the arts subjects like History and Geography and political sciences, public administration etc. since u need two subjects to opt for the main and the prelims u can opt history and geography as ur subject if u like science, u can go for botany and zoology as the same....
12th June 2010, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

to become an ips officer is there coaching classes in mumbai for theory stuff
15th June 2010, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

main ips banne ke leye scinceside
17th June 2010, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

how to become an ips is it necessary to complete ur grad b4 applying
19th June 2010, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE 12th AND DOINGING B COM I WANT TO BE A IPS OFFICER WHAT ARE THE SEPT SHOULD I REFER PLEASE HELP ME.
22nd June 2010, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

I am commerce graduate.what was the best optional subject i choose .plz hlp.
22nd June 2010, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

This study is only for brillant student
15th July 2010, 01:23 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
For becoming an I.P.S officer;
First you go through the syllabus,then for deep study of subject
go through the text book;after that go through the previous year
question paper for testing your preparation.
8th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?
8th September 2010, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to know what is the minimum height is required in IPS and can i fill the form of ips after completion Of My BCA.
9th September 2010, 09:13 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

you have not told me that in which stream you have done your graduation.So, It is

difficult to advice you.I am providing you the name of one of the best general knowledge

book. the name of book is as given below:

General Knowledge book by UPKAR publicatio

to become an IPS officer , your height must be greater than equal to 157cm

Best of luck
12th September 2010, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.B.A student.I want to be a I.P.S. then what i will do?
26th October 2010, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.B.A student.I want to be a I.P.S. then what i will do?
28th October 2010, 05:43 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

for the ips exams you must have a graduation degree, and then fill up the upsc form for the IAS.

then prepare well for the exam,

for the general knowledge you can choose a book of the upkar publicaion/partiyogita darpan for the GK and current affair.
1st November 2010, 05:12 PM
nehachopra1301

Dear friend

IPS officers are selected through UPSC exams...........regarding general knowledge magazines like chronicle,india today are good.......threeauthors.com is the best site on net to upgrade your information...........
this exams requires a graduation in any field..........so u can opt for any trade you like...but the exam consists of 11 exams and you need to select two optional subjects.......so better coose the field keping this in mind..........

all the best for future
6th November 2010, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

i m doing electronics engg. i want to become IPS officer.i m in 2nd year .... what should i do ? how to start ? and what are the subjects i should opt for so that i get successfull?
29th November 2010, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

im in civil engg. 2nd year,want to be an IPS officer. what is the height required and books to be reffered?
9th December 2010, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

i want to be an ips how should i prepare ? by arshad hussain ghorasahan (motihari distics)
10th December 2010, 10:07 AM
rahul_kumar066

Quote:
Dear
it takes 2to 3years it generally depends on your skill it may take more than 3 years
thanku
10th December 2010, 10:09 AM
rahul_kumar066

Quote:
Dear
you have to sit in upsc exam .ips officer is selected through number basis secured in upsc exams and for general knowledge you can purchage pd and daily news paper
thanku
11th December 2010, 05:39 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

Ypu need to be GRADUATE for IPS.
For IPS you need to apply for the Civil Servises exam. The notification for the exam will come in the month of january in the employment newspaper.
The form will be available at the cost of Rs. 25 and you need to affix a CRF stamp on it of Rs 100.
You can get the detailed information about this exam on the website upsc.gov.in. check it during january
The exam is divided into two exams. Prelims will be conducted in the month of May and it will consist GK and Aptitude only. In Mains you need to choose subjects and it will be purely written essays and debates.
11th December 2010, 05:50 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

Ypu need to be GRADUATE for IPS.
For IPS you need to apply for the Civil Servises exam.
You can get the detailed information about this exam on the website upsc.gov.in. check it during january.
The exam is divided into two exams. Prelims will be conducted in the month of May and it will consist GK and Aptitude only. In Mains you need to choose subjects and it will be purely written essays and debates.
12th December 2010, 05:03 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friends

all of you are getting many doubt's regarding IPS IAS etc..,

I will give you all detailed idea about what are these according to my knowledge which are definitely correct

attention everybody

look IAS IPS are not the examinations they are the cadres or better to say parts of the examinations okay

the examination for this is CIVILS SERVICES EXAMINATION which is conducted by UPSC

there are not only IAS IPS AND IFS there are 22 other services like these

now regarding elgibility criteria

all the indians who completed their degree in any one stream is elgible

eligibility of age i.e. age requirements

min age limit of this exam is 21 years

max age limit is 30 years

this examination is 3 stage examination

stage 1 CSAT

stage 2 mains

stage 3 interview

you have to cross all these stages then only you will be placed in any one of the cadre

cadres are given on the basis of their rank top rankers will get IAS

next IFS next IPS and so on

there's is a facility to opt for the top ranker if he want to become IPS officer he can

and for completing all the three stages one applicant will require more than 14 months of time

if he does'nt get satisfied with his cadre then he can give next attempt but right from the first stage

this is all about civils services examination

for any further queries you can log in to

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

all the best

~aditya~
24th December 2010, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

TO BECOME AN IPS WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE AFTER COMPLEATING MY SCHOOL
25th December 2010, 07:25 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii

to become an I.P.S officeR
you really want to appear for IPS in future following books will help you in developing a good knowledge of general studies and current affairs..

1) manorama year book
2)general studies manual by tata mcgraw hill
3)pratiyogita darpan or competition success review.
4)NCERT books for history,civics,geography,economics etc..

good luck.
25th December 2010, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

which college is best for becoming i.p.s officer
2nd January 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

pls describe about each stage of examination.
14th January 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I am apearing BA from DU as Part time Study. I want be as IPS Officer which collage or instutite to better for study.........
31st January 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

what are the steps i want to take be a I.P.S officer
5th March 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

sir can any body tell me there multiple choice questions for both mains & prelimnary exams
6th March 2011, 01:26 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

To become an IPS you need to appear for the Civil Service Exam or the SCAT exam that is conducted by the UPSC every year.

You can apply online at:

http://upsconline.nic.in/index.php

The minimum Eligibility for CSAT is:

Age Limit:

Candidate must have attained 21 Years of age as on 1st August of the year of exam.
Upper Age limit is 30years(relaxations for SC/ST and OBC).

Educational Qualification:

Graduation in any field. Final Year students may also apply.

Important Dates:

Last of submitting application form:15th March 2011

Date of prelim exam:12june 2011

Date of Main exam:27thOctober 2011.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service 2011.pdf(346.2 KB, 121 views)
12th March 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

hi i am mahesh i am doing B.B.A but i want to be IPS officer.then what will do.plz information me. send me information my email id email id is [email protected].
17th June 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

hello ,i am studying in 10th class.i want to become ips officer so which subjets i choose after 10
23rd July 2011, 10:26 PM
dilip prahar

Talking Re: How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

Quote:
hello ,i am studying in 10th class.i want to become ips officer so which subjets i choose after 10
as you know there are too many engineersand after engineer there are too many ipe ofs. so i recommend you to open tuition classes thats all...best of luck for your tuition classes
2nd August 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

hello ,i am in 11 and i have to become ips officer
4th August 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

hi i am puneet and i am preparing for ips we can join together and talk about studies yhis will help us my no is 07206298702 i am from haryana.......................................7206 298702 join and study and discuss
24th August 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

when do we have the priliminary exams of i.p.s and please tell how to prepare
25th August 2011, 12:56 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

all of you are getting many doubt's regarding IPS IAS etc..,

I will give you all detailed idea about what are these according to my knowledge which are definitely correct

attention everybody

look IAS IPS are not the examinations they are the cadres or better to say parts of the examinations okay

the examination for this is CIVILS SERVICES EXAMINATION which is conducted by UPSC

there are not only IAS IPS AND IFS there are 22 other services like these

now regarding elgibility criteria

all the indians who completed their degree in any one stream is elgible

eligibility of age i.e. age requirements

min age limit of this exam is 21 years

max age limit is 30 years

this examination is 3 stage examination

stage 1 CSAT

stage 2 mains

stage 3 interview

you have to cross all these stages then only you will be placed in any one of the cadre

cadres are given on the basis of their rank top rankers will get IAS

next IFS next IPS and so on

there's is a facility to opt for the top ranker if he want to become IPS officer he can

and for completing all the three stages one applicant will require more than 14 months of time

if he does'nt get satisfied with his cadre then he can give next attempt but right from the first stage

this is all about civils services examination

for any further queries you can log in to

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?