17th April 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

How to become IPS Officer after completion of 10th Class with 96% of marks?

i am a( icse) 10th passed student of having 96%...how can i become ips officer so that i can serve my nation and uphold its integrity....please what subject shall i choose..?

18th April 2012, 02:12 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become IPS Officer after completion of 10th Class with 96% of marks?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Many of the candidates have a desire to join IPS and to serve the country.

But, it is not so easy to become an IPS officer. One should be able to put best efforts towards the completion of syllabus for the Entrance Exam and apart from this the candidate has to perform well in the Entrance Exam to be placed in IPS.

For IPS, one have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure that you have to go through to become an IPS officer is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidate to appear for civil services examination.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Number of attempts :
-A candidate of General category can take this exam for a maximum of 4 times and for OBC candidates, it is 7 times.
-There is no limit on the number of attempts for the candidates of SC/ST category.

So, I suggest you to complete your 12th class with any of the stream which you are interested and then Graduation course.

Start preparing for this exam from the first year of your Graduation course.

For updated information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
18th April 2012, 02:42 AM
Rajgour

Default Re: How to become IPS Officer after completion of 10th Class with 96% of marks?

dear,
firstly congrats for you got 96% in 10th class.

For IPS , you should complete your graduation with any recognized university with any stream,then apply for IPS exam.

For IPS, one have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The complete selection procedure that you have to go through to become an IPS officer is by
-Interview.

Age- 21-30 year.
so,
best of luck
18th April 2012, 08:27 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear................

The eligibility criteria for IPS exam are as follows.........

The pay scale for IPS officer are as follows.........

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..............
18th April 2012, 09:23 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 10th you will not be eligible for IPS but you can very well start preparation to become an IPS officer which needs a patient effort and dedicated preparation as this exam is very tough and competitive.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for Civil Service exam.

The candidate has to maintain certain prescribed Physical Fitness standard for those applying for IPS.

The selection is of three stages:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

As you are interested for IPS from 10th standard, it is very good. So first you should complete 12th standard and go for Graduation and during this you should at least give two hours for preparing for Civil Service along with your regular Graduation studies so that it will be easier for you when you will appear for Civil Service after Graduation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th April 2012, 12:48 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

HAI....

Sorry...you are not eligible for IPS exam after completion of 10th because the minimum qualification required for IPS exam are graduation.

IPS exam is conducted by the upsc once a year.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university.

2.age limit is 21 years to 30 years.

3.3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

4.5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

5.candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam.

3.Interview.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

1.4 times for general candidates.

2.7 times for OBC candidates.

3.No limit for SC/ST candidates.

for further information visit the www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK....
25th April 2012, 02:37 AM
srinivas933

after completion of 10th class you are not eligible for ips exam because for this you have to complete graduation.

Eligibility for ips exam:
Graduation complete students are eligible.
Age should be 21 to 30years,
Final year students also eligible.,
Selection procedure:
Written test,
Interview,

For any information
www.upsc.gov.in
All the best.
25th April 2012, 07:46 PM
ravi17283

HI,
first of all complete your 12th and any degree you like.later you have to pass upsc which is tough exam,so you have to work hard.you have to keep good physic,improve your reasoning skills so you may do better in interveiw.....so learn minimum basic general knowledge from now itself.for furher information browse upsc sites it will help you a lot ...best of luck
18th June 2012, 07:11 PM
shalu1995

i would like to tell you in very short as you are just tenth you wont understand all respects of process
for becoming IPS you should at least graduate that means your age should be nearly 21-23 year after completion of any course like engineering, MBBS etc also you joint this
for this you have to just crack UPSE exam
this exam has three section
aptitude test
final exam
interview

thank you
18th June 2012, 10:51 PM
tazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a( icse) 10th passed student of having 96%...how can i become ips officer so that i can serve my nation and uphold its integrity....please what subject shall i choose..?
others have already told you the procedure for becoming an IPS officer, i just want to suggest that you better go for humanities stream as the civil services paper comprises of a huge portion of History and Geography, and specially 11th & 12th standard history & geography are very important..
Read newspaper daily (preferably 'Hindu') and note down the important things..
30th July 2012, 10:55 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

IPS is conducted by upsc twice in year
month of june and december.
For applying IPS you should have
complete your graduation with
minimum 55%.
Age limit between 21 to 30 years.

Here is best book for IPS:

-UPSC Syllabus Civil Service Examination
by Student Aid Publications Publisher:
Student Aid Publications

-UPSC Civil
Services Preliminary Exam: General
Studies Solved Papers Publisher: Upkar
Prakashan (2008)

-UPSC Civil Services Preliminary
Examination Paper-I In 60 Days by
Rakesh Dwivedi UPSC Portal: CSAT
portal Publications (2011)

-UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS
(PRE) 2011(Part-I) by S. A. Majid
Publisher: Upsc Portal Publications
(2011)

-India 2011 by Vivek Kumar Singh CSAT

-(paper II) by Manish
Ranjan,Annita,Rajneesh Singh,Kiran Bedi
Publisher: Cl India (2012)

all the best
31st July 2012, 09:35 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Many of the candidates have a desireto join IPS and to serve the country.
But, it is not so easy to become an IPS officer. One should be able to putbest efforts towards the completion of syllabus for the Entrance Exam and apart from this the candidate has to perform well in the Entrance Exam to be placed in IPS.
-Interview
Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidate to appear for civil services examination.
Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation course and waiting for the result canalso apply for this exam.
Age criteria :
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
Number of attempts :
-A candidate of General category can take this exam for a maximum of 4 times and for OBC candidates, it is 7 times.
-There is no limit on the number of attempts for the candidates of SC/ST category.
So, I suggest you to complete your 12th class with any of the stream which you are interested and then Graduation course.
7th August 2012, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

I m 10th pass how can i do ips officer and my cast sc
10th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

how many hour study needed to become i.p.s
2nd September 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

WHICH STUDY MAKE FROM IPS?
8th February 2013, 01:34 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. Many of the candidates have a desire to join IPS and to serve the country.

But, it is not so easy to become an IPS officer. One should be able to put best efforts towards the completion of syllabus for the Entrance Exam and apart from this the candidate has to perform well in the Entrance Exam to be placed in IPS.

-Interview

Academic Qualification :
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :

Number of attempts :

8th February 2013, 06:24 PM
helper1

hello friend,

IPS is the Indian POlice service job post for which entrance exam has been conducted by the UPSC department

Eligibility for the IPS entrance exam ;

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree from any recognized university.
2. age must be between the 21 to 30 years.
age relaxation as per gov. rules.
3. Indian citizen

selection process:
1. preliminary entrance exam
2. Main entrance exam
3. Interview etc

so you are now passed the 10th class so you must need to start the preparation now because IPS entrance exam is the most toughest entrance exam

best of luck !
8th February 2013, 11:18 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends .....

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

This exam is conducted by UPSC

First you can join in intermediate course in any group

After the completion of your +2 you can finish your graduation at any stream

Then you can attempt for IAS exam

IAS Eligibility ;

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit for IAS is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Attempts :

General candidates- 4 times

OBC- 7 times

SC/ST- No such restriction

Selection Process ;

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Personal Interview

All the best
9th February 2013, 02:10 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to become IPS Officer after completion of 10th Class with 96% of marks?

Quote:

hi friend,

sorry you are not eligible for IPS exam after complete 10 class....

To become IPS officer , you have complete your graduation degree any stream from recognized university After you can apply for it....

Final year students are also applicable...

citizen of india.....

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

For more details : Click here...

All the best......
9th February 2013, 02:21 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

To become a IPS officer you need to write the entrance exams like Civil exams(UPSC)

Also state exams like APPSC or anyother.They are different for each state.so for the ap its appsc.

By which you can become a IPS officer.So if you want to become a IPS officer you need to pass in all the rounds of the civil exams.

The exam pattern for the civil exam are as follows:

Prelims Exam

Main Exam

Interview

These are the 3 levels if you clear all these levels then you are awarded the job depending on the post.

Else you can also choose the type of job you want from the eligibility.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
1st July 2015, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

I have got 95 percent on my 10th class exam can pass IPS exam?As I am a general
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?