6th May 2013, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 10th?

I am class 10 passout student. So i how can become a ips.

3rd June 2013, 06:37 PM
Arist

Default Re: How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 10th?

IPS(Indian Police Service) exmas are conducted by
UPSC every year.

To become IPS officer you need to complete your studies i.e. after 10th complete 11th & 12th,then complete Graduation from a recognized university.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

AGE limit for IPS exam must be between 21 to 33 years for General category,21 to 35 for OBC category and 21 to 35 for SC/ST category.

Official Website for More details:
http://www.upsc.gov.in

27th July 2013, 04:38 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Selection of eligible candidates to IPS is done on the basis of an entrance test conducted by UPSC. Detailed process of selection includes prelims exam, mains exam, physical efficiency test, and interview. Graduates can participate in the selection process. You need to complete 12th and graduation to apply for IPS. You must complete 21 years of age, in order to apply. Online applications can be submitted through the website of UPSC.
16th September 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

after 10th which course (science,humanites, commerce) should i take to become an IPS?
13th October 2013, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

10 pass can i join in army
29th October 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

CURRENTLY I'M studying Diploma In MECHANICAL Engg. So i done with 10 th therefore plz. guide me that what I must do to become an IAS OFFICER..
8th May 2014, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

how can i enter in IPS after pass my 10th examination?
wich course i should taken?
30th July 2014, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

I wanted 2 tak arts aftr my cls 10 bt my mom wanted me 2 take science ...we cn b an ips officer by taking arts
23rd May 2017, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am completed our ssc exam previous year so, I am studying for India that means I. P. S. Officer so, I am decided that ips. So I which education decided sir. Please guide sir
24th May 2017, 01:32 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am class 10 passout student. So i how can become a ips.
Look after clearing 10th its not possible to appear in exam recruiting IPS, because such recruitment exam for IPS is conducted by UPSC through CSE. To become eligible for IPS you need to be a Graduate which is the minimum qualification required to appear for CSE.

CSE is the exam which is conducted by UPSC for not only IPS, but also IAS, IFS, IRS, IPoS, ICLS, etc. So, don't worry clear your 10th then 12th and atlast graduation, if you want then you may start you preparation from now onwards many students does that.

Hope the above information helped you, for further query please do let us know.
24th May 2017, 01:39 PM
help100%

Quote:
after 10th which course (science,humanites, commerce) should i take to become an IPS?
Look if you are preparing for competitive exam its best to study science stream because the exposer and knowledge level you will come across is of higher than any other streams. In competitive exams like CSE,CDS,NDA etc most of the questions are asked from science subject but subjects like economics and history can't be ignored from their certain amount of questions are also asked but that can be managed.

So, if you want to prepare for IPS meaning preparing for CSE conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,etc then you need to stick to science stream atleast till you 12th standard thereafter you may change but till 12th standard science stream plays a vital role because many questions in the exams are asked from this level.

Hope the above information cleared the cloud of confusion, for further query please do let us know.
24th May 2017, 02:02 PM
help100%

Quote:
10 pass can i join in army
Look for just a 10th pass you might get into army but you will be recruited at the lowest level. But if you pass you 12th then you will get a chance to appear in NDA and if you fail to crack then you need to pass Graduation and then appear for CDS and if by chance their also you fail to crack then you need to wait for the Amry Recruitment notification which is released from time to time for filling of various post.

24th May 2017, 02:06 PM
help100%

Quote:
CURRENTLY I'M studying Diploma In MECHANICAL Engg. So i done with 10 th therefore plz. guide me that what I must do to become an IAS OFFICER..
Look you need to be a graduate which is the minimum qualification level prescribed by UPSC to appear in CSE for the recruitment of IAS,IPS,IRS,etc.
Diploma after your 12th will not qualify you to appear for the exam then you need to pass BE, Btech, BSc, etc to become eligible for the exam.

It an advantage to you that you belong to science stream and hence it will further help you in studing and cracking this exam

24th May 2017, 02:16 PM
help100%

Quote:
I wanted 2 tak arts aftr my cls 10 bt my mom wanted me 2 take science ...we cn b an ips officer by taking arts
Look students from all streams are eligible to appear in the exam except Fine Arts i.e. Painting and Drawing. But an candidate with science stream helps him/her a lot in studying and preparing for the exam, because most the science questions based in CSE exam that recruits IPS are from 12th standards and the questions from history, geography, economics etc are generally from 10th standards and mostly the questions are asked in technology, inventions etc if you know the basics of science it helps you to understand I advance than the other students because arts subject can be managed a thorough reading and memorising will do but in science you need to understand and memorise. The remaining portion is totally based on current affairs from all aspects of life.

There is no compulsion in studying science if you don't understand, because with arts stream you are still eligible for the exam and many students from Arts background had cracked the exam.

Hope you understand the difference and helped you, for further query please do let us know.
24th May 2017, 02:23 PM
help100%

Quote:
Sir I am completed our ssc exam previous year so, I am studying for India that means I. P. S. Officer so, I am decided that ips. So I which education decided sir. Please guide sir
Look firstly you need to improve your English, because if you lack in English then forget about becoming IPS. So, first join a English grammer class and correct yourself. Once your English is improved then start preparing for CSE exam.

In the Preliminary you might get passed on luck if your Gk and current affairs are good but in the Mains you might get stuck because their you need to write answer for the questions mentioned with good knowledge in English.

Hope you got my point for further query do let us know and of course you will be eligible once you become a graduate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?