19th October 2010, 01:17 AM
danishbeg

How to become a military mechanical engineer?

hi. i m a be student. after be i want to be a military mechanical engineer.so can i apply this?and what is requirment? what is process?and what is salary?plz tell me what is process?

19th October 2010, 09:31 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a military mechanical engineer?

There are so many ways. But i suggest u that take admission in aicte/ugc recognized university as an mechanical b.tech student. In third year u can participate in the exam of military mechanical engin. Crack that exam and take direct admission. Another way is through nda exam.
19th October 2010, 01:50 PM
Surbhitankur

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishbeg View Post
hi. i m a be student. after be i want to be a military mechanical engineer.so can i apply this?and what is requirement? what is process?and what is salary?plz tell me what is process?
Hi there is a seperate entry exam for mechanical division in army. Notifications are released many times. For details you saw Rojgar samachar or visit on joinindianarmy.nic.in/ . Salary are approx 23 thousand
19th October 2010, 01:58 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
to get into engineering department of the army you have to join,
MILITARY ENGINEERING SERVICES,
for that you have to write the entrance exams conducted by mes,keep checking for the notification regularly in employment news,
all the best
19th October 2010, 03:25 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you can join in military mechanical engineer navy in two ways.

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. which exam you can appear after doing your btech.

all the best...........
19th October 2010, 03:46 PM
vikrant kurmude

Thumbs up Re: How to become a military mechanical engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishbeg View Post
hi. i m a be student. after be i want to be a military mechanical engineer.so can i apply this?and what is requirment? what is process?and what is salary?plz tell me what is process?
for militry mechanical engineering you have to pass NDA test.after 12th. ate age limit is 17-19th. the NDA is national diffence acadmy. after that they will gives you what stream you want.or you can do after complete your enginneering form out side and you join militry by giving ssb service selection bord exam for education branch.http://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
19th October 2010, 07:00 PM
bikenindia

yes, BE student can become military engineer. You can enter through "Technical Entry" scheme. At the end of your third year, you can apply for this. Professionals from military service will come for interview to various colleges, so you have to attain 70% overall (eligibility). you can sit for interview and if you are selected, then you will be undergoing physical fitness and medical check-up. Since the sixth pay commission have introduced in military, salary will be about Rs.25,000 for lieutenant rank (first rank in military). I hope you get some idea. All the best.
3rd November 2010, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

but how can i became military engg
which exams i want to give
6th November 2010, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

physical of military engg.
11th November 2010, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

hi,this is ajay
when and how the mes test is conducted,and how can the be students apply for this test?
25th December 2010, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Electronics engi. can apply for miltry
17th February 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

salary for military machanical engineer
24th March 2011, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

i am a BE mechanical engineer, please tell me the salary of a mechanical engineer in the indian army?
23rd April 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

how to become a military as deploma mechanical eng & sELARY
1st May 2011, 12:11 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

There are so many ways. But i suggest u that take admission in aicte/ugc recognized university as an mechanical b.tech student. In third year u can participate in the exam of military mechanical engin. Crack that exam and take direct admission. Another way is through nda exam.
21st June 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

what is % criteria for BE mech in indian army,please tell overall % average and individual sem%
i also had 1 kt in 2nd year & open cat i have 65 overall avg and 54 % in that kt sem am i eligible?
PLZZZ HELPPP me.
3rd July 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

how to become senior section mechanical engineering in railway workshop.sir please help me
8th October 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

what book refered for military engineering service test?
25th February 2012, 07:11 PM
chandler8161

Information about officer post in Defence after Mechanical Engineering : Yes,you can apply for defence field after completing B.E in Mechanical field through Technical branch.According to my experience in Defence field you are eligible for Technical branch through a two important scheme are following as :

1) University Entry Scheme :

Under University Entry Scheme Pre-final Year candidates are eligible and currently studies in the B.E/B.Tech course in Relevant Stream of Engineering like Mechanical ,Electronics and Communication and Computer Science engineering.

But there are so,many conditions for joining defence field under University Entry Scheme with at least minimum 60% marks in previous semester examination.Under this scheme only Engineering field candidates are allow and you are eligible for three defence field are : Indian Army,Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

Your age limit should be in between 18 to 28 years before applying Defence under University Entry Scheme.

Only male candidates are applicable for joining defence sector under UES(University Entry Scheme).

2) Direct Entry Scheme :

Direct entry scheme means you are eligible for Defence sector after completing engineering degree or you should have four years engineering degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from recognized University.

But entry in defence through this scheme for final years candidates and pre-final years candidates are not allow to appear in Defence through Direct Entry Scheme.

For applying defence through Direct entry scheme your maximum age should be 25 years before applying under Direct Entry Scheme.

But if you want to admission in Defence through Entrance examination then you have to appear in Combined Defence Service Examination and mainly it is conducted for entry in Defence wings or technical entry scheme .

If you completed Graduation or Under Graduate degree in engineering then you have numerous jobs opportunities in Indian Navy and Air Force.But jobs in Defence field is also based on your G.K and Technical field knowledge.

The salary package in Indian Army is depend upon your working skills and profile .Your monthly salary may be comes in the range of Rs. 15,000/- to 35,000/- Rs. per month.

For more information about Officer post in Indian Army then please visit to the following website :

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?