5th September 2012, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

How can diploma holders join NIT?

Diploma holders join nit in laternal entry..please give me tips on how to do it

Related Questions:
  1. Does NIT Srinagar conducts lateral exam for Diploma holders?
  2. Job details for electronics engineering students?
  3. Lateral entry for diploma holders in NIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join B.Arch after diploma? What are the colleges in Chennai that offer B.Arch for diploma holders?
  5. How to join in NIT after passing diploma? How much rank should I get to get admission in NIT? I am pursuing diploma 3rd year
  6. Is it possible for diploma holders in mechanical engineering to join degree course in US university?
  7. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  8. When will be the exam for diploma holders to join engineering? Date of sale of application forms?
  9. Can I join NIT after Diploma?
  10. Can I join NIT after Diploma?
  11. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible in IIT? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  12. Is there any exam conducted by NITs and IIT for Diploma students? Admission process for Diploma holders?
  13. Information about the job opportunities for CSE students in government sector
  14. Is it possible to join in diploma mechanical student in NIT? -- [New]
  15. Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?
  16. Will there be any separate entry into Indian Navy for the candidates of Diploma holders? Where the requirements and Physical Standards for these candidates to join Navy?
  17. Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?
  18. How can I Join NIT after studying diploma in chemical engineering in AP?
16th January 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can diploma holders join NIT?

can i get the admission in NIT by leteral entry.
i mean can i get admission in second year or third semester of NIT COLLEGE please tell me.
2nd March 2013, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m doing diploma with civil engg. and i want to do b'tech from nit. What i have to do for b.tech from NIT.
11th April 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma in electrical branch,now i want to do b.tec from nit college, please guide me
25th June 2013, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m doing diploma with metallurgical engg. and i want to do b'tech from nit. What i have to do for b.tech from NIT. pls.....
25th June 2013, 08:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not join National Institutes of Technology through the lateral entry scheme. This scheme is not offered by the National Institutes of Technology, therefore if want lateral entry admission, I will suggest you to consider some other college.

The lateral entry scheme means direct admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology. This is quite common among the diploma holders to take admission through lateral entry scheme.

But unfortunately NITs as well IITs do not offer this scheme. If you want admission in these institutes then must apply through entrance exam for the complete 4 years course. There is no exception.

Now the choice you must make is whether you are ready to do 4 years course from NITs or will prefer lateral entry from other colleges. If you want lateral entry then clear the Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET).

You should have 60 percent marks in diploma to appear for LEET entrance exam. There are other entrance exams as well. LEET is not conducted in all the states of India.

After clearing LEET you can take lateral entry admission. But if you want admission in NIT regardless of having to do complete 4 years course then you will have to clear the Joint Entrance Exam.

JEE or the Joint Entrance Exam is the replacement of AIEEE and IIT-JEE. There are two stages of exam.

JEE Mains

JEE Advanced

You only have to do JEE Mains because admission in NITs is given through it. JEE Advanced is for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology.

JEE Eligibility

1. Candidate should have successfully completed 12th.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. 3 or 4 years diploma holders can also apply.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. The age limit is 25 years for the exam.

6. Relaxed by 5 years for the SC/ST.

7. 3 consecutive attempts per candidate is given.
15th August 2013, 07:06 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "NIT" stands for National Institute Of Technology. Students get admission in National Institutes of Technology to pursue B.Tech , B.E. and M.Tech courses.

Earlier , students have to pass the AIEEE [All India Engineering Entrance examination] to get admission in the National Institutes of Technology.

But , from the year 2013 , the whole scenario has changed and now students can only get admission in NITs , if and only if they crack the JEE [Joint Entrance Exam].

The JEE is the replacement of the IIT-JEE and the AIEEE taken collectively together.

The Joint Entrance Examination [JEE] is conducted in two phases :

1) Mains

2) Advanced

In order to get admission in the NITs , candidates have to pass the JEE- Mains whereas if they want to get admission in the IITs , then they need to crack both the Mains as well as the Advanced.

Also , There is no way out to get admission in NITs through Lateral entry as the National Institute Of Technology does not offer such type of scheme for admission.

the Eligibility Criteria Required for Joint Entrance Examination are :

* You must have completed 12th from any recognized board.

* You must have passed 12th with PCM as your main subjects.

* There is no any percentage bar.

* The Maximum age limit is 25 years.

* A Relaxation of 5 years is given to those candidates who belong to SC/ST category.

* The candidates can give the exam 3 consecutive times that means 3 consecutive attempts are granted to candidates for this exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
7th June 2014, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

au, svu, ou, jntuk, jntua,jntuh universities. i got 56 ecet rank,can join in these universities direct second year?
14th June 2018, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to take admission in nit for beech after 3 year diploma , how can it possible?
Sir I want to prepare 1 year for nit after diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?