22nd August 2020, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

How can a female Intermediate qualified candidate from West Bengal join Indian Army?

Hello Sir, I am Sudeshna a female candidate from West Bengal. I have passed my 12th exam and got 85.36% marks. I want to join Indian Army. Please tell me what I have do? I am 17 and half years old. I am very much interested to join Indian Army.

24th August 2020, 03:30 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can a female Intermediate qualified candidate from West Bengal join Indian Army?

If you want to join as an officer first of all you have to complete your graduation.
If are graduate from technical background than you will get more opportunity.
You can join as an officer through CDS examination conducted by UPSC.

If you want to join now than you are eligible to join as soldier GD with your 10th class.
There is a recruitment for GD going on.
Last date to apply for this recruitment is 31/8/2020.
You can apply for this recruitment from www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
25th August 2020, 11:53 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can a female Intermediate qualified candidate from West Bengal join Indian Army?

Glad to hear you wanna be a part of Indian army.To join Indian army(only short service commissioned officer for women) ,for that you must posses at least graduation degree and then you can apply for
i)UPSC entries (CDS) ,age limit in between 19-25 years,If you got selected then you would be called or SSB interview
or
ii)Direct entries for women (entrance exam is not compulsion,but for this you required graduation degree too,based on merit marks scored,medical test,they will recruit in OTA)
or
iii)NCC special entry:-there will be no written exam.,unmarried graduate with the ages of 19-25 years,with “B” grade in NCC ‘C’ certificate
or
iv)Technical Entry (SSC Tech):-unmarried engineering graduate between the ages of 21-27 is eligible to apply for this post,no written test
or
v)Territorial Army Entry:-It is for those candidates who wish to be in the armed forces but at the same time want a private job too
26th August 2020, 12:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Army through CDS and NCC entries.

The required common eligibility to join the Army is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Entrance examination is conducted for the selection.

So, you can pursue bachelor degree course and will become eligible for appearing in it after the bachelor degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?