4th November 2011, 07:35 AM
Unregistered

How can I appear for AIEEE entrance exam after passing 10th?

i have paased my tenth exam in 2007 and my 12th exam in 2010 may i appear in the aieee entrance exam of the A.I.E.E.E 2012

26th July 2012, 10:07 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear for AIEEE entrance exam after passing 10th?

AIEEE means All India Engineering Entrance Exam which is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) each year. AIEEE exam is conducted for candidates who wish to get admission in Engineering college.

Your performance in AIEEE would decide which college would give you admission. AIEEE is among the most preferred engineering entrace exams along with IIT-JEE. The eligibility criteria to appear in AIEEE is:

Qualification:

You must have passed 10+2 with PCM as subjects from any recognised board in India.

Your minimum percentage in 10+2 should be 50 percent in case of General candidates.

The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH category are required to obtain 40 percent marks in 10+2.

Candidates who are in 12th class may also appear in the exam.

Age Criteria:

Only candidates who were born on or after on or after October 01, 1987 can appear in the AIEEE 2012 exam.

There is five year relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidates.

Please remember that your age mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate would be your authentic age for the AIEEE exam. You can not show any other certificate as the date of birth proof.

Only candidates who completed 10+2 in 2010, 2011 or appearing in 10+2 in 2012 are eligible to apply for AIEEE 2012. This makes you eligible to appear in the AIEEE 2012 exam.

Candidate who appeared in 10+2 in 2009 or before or would appear in 12th in 2013 are not eligible to sit in AIEEE 2012.

Each candidate regardless of the category is give maximum 3 chances to clear the AIEEE exam.
26th July 2012, 10:28 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have paased my tenth exam in 2007 and my 12th exam in 2010 may i appear in the aieee entrance exam of the A.I.E.E.E 2012
AIEEE stands for All India Engineering Entrance Examination.

It is an all India level entrance exam which you can give if you are interested to pursue a career in engineering or architecture at undergraduate level.

It is also the ticket to the top IIIT's and NIT's in the country and to sit for this exam you have to satisfy certain criteria they have set. Let us first discuss them one by one.

AIEEE Eligibility Criteria:

~To sit for the AIEEE Exam first and foremostly you need to pass your class 12 exam with minimum 50% of marks from a recognized board. In case of SC/ST or OBC and physically handicapped candidates the aggregate is 40%.

~The final year students are also eligible to apply for this exam who are awaiting the result of their board exam.

~The upper age limit for giving this exam is 25 years. However there is an age relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST and physically handicapped candidates.

~You can give this exam for three consecutive years.

AIEEE can be given both online and offline. You will be given the option to choose your offline centres and online centres.

For B.E./B.Tech generally objective questions are asked from physics, chemistry and biology. You have to cover both class XI and XII syllabus. Mainly MCQ type questions are asked and there is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer. Duration of the paper is three hours.

For B.Arch there are basically three sections in the paper-aptitude, mathematics and drawing test. Objective questions will come for mathematics and aptitude sections. Duration of the paper is three hours.
26th July 2012, 10:29 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello

AIEEE

All India Engineering Entrance exam is conducted By Central Board of Secondary Education every year for admission in the undergraduate programs of Engineering namely B.tech and B.architecture.there is some Eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for giving written exam .

Eligibility--
>>you should be passed in XII examinations from a school of a recognized state or central or any other board .

>>you should be having PCM/PCB as your stream in XII class examinations.

Age criteria--
>>you should be having age according to dates mentioned in AIEEE butetin i.e on or after October 01, 1987 to appear in the AIEEE 2012 exam.

you have your last chance to appear in 2012 which is over now,in case you applied for that its well and good.

in case you have not applied for Aieee 2012 exam then you can't apply in 2013 since it was your last attempt in 2012

no of attempts
A candidate can maximum apply 3 times consecutive including year of passing XII class examinations i.e for you the years to apply were 2010,2011,2012.

so you can't apply in 2013.....

for more visit http://aieee.nic.in

best of luck!!!

with regards
roknits
26th July 2012, 11:57 AM
sssugiss

General canditates
minimum percentage in 10+2 : 50%.

SC/ST/OBC/PH category
minimum percentage in 10+2 :40%.

Candidates who are in 12th class may also appear in the exam.

Each canditates can have a maximum of 3 tries towards AIEEE

Only candidates who were born on or after on or after October 01, 1987 can appear in the AIEEE 2012 exam.

There is a relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidates.

Only candidates who completed 10+2 in 2010, 2011 or appearing in 10+2 in 2012 are eligible to apply for AIEEE 2012. This makes you eligible to appear in the AIEEE 2012 exam.

Candidate who appeared in 10+2 in 2009 or before or would appear in 12th in 2013 are not eligible to sit in AIEEE 2012.
26th July 2012, 12:04 PM
sssugiss

minimum percentage :
For general canditates :50%
For SC/ST/OBC/PH canditates :40%
you can give a maximum of 3 tries

Only if u you have completed 10+2, or appearing in 10+2 in 2012 are eligible to apply for
AIEEE 2012

Only the canditates who are born after October 01, 1987 is eligible for AIEEE
There is a 5 year relaxation of 5 yrs in terms of upper bound for SC/ST?physically challanged canditates
26th July 2012, 04:22 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
no, you can not apply for the aieee exam after doing 10th class.
Students of India who have passed 10+2(Class XII) or an equivalent exam or appearing for the qualifying examination are considered for the provisional admission into the degree course.
If you are an aspiring engineer, and you want to appear AIEEE you have to pass your 10+2 with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Physics and mathematics as the compulsory subjects. Students who wish to be architects are required to pass their 10+2 with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject. Chemistry, Computer Science, Bio-Technology or Biology can be taken as optional subject.
Candidates who pass the entrance examination will be enrolled into degree courses offered by NITs, Deemed Universities and Institutions in the States/UTs, Central government Universities excluding those that comes under the Joint Entrance Examination/State Level engineering entrance examination for paid or unpaid seats available depending on the marks obtained.
30th July 2012, 11:01 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

HI....!!!

-->AIEEE stands for all india engineering entrance exam.

-->eligibility criteria:-

*you should have to passed your 12th examination from a recognized university.

*you should have PCB/PCM subjects during your +2.

-->age criteria:-

*you should have age according to dates mentioned in AIEEE butetin i.e on or after october 01,1987 to appear in the AIEEE 2012 exam

*you have your last chance to appear in 2012 which is over now,in case you applied for that its well and good.

*In case you have not applied for AIEEE 2012 exam then you can't apply in 2013 since it was your last attempt in 2012.

-->no of attempts:-

*a candidate can maximum apply 3 times consecutive including year of passing 12th Class examinations i.e for you the years to apply were 2010,2011,2012.

-->for more information you can visit i.e
www.aieee.nic.in

all the best...go ahead!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?