29th August 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply as a Army officer? I am a 12th exam student in Arts with 61% marks

Sir iam satish from H.P.iam doing my job in Indian army as a solder . I passed my +2exam in arts with 61% marks. Sir iam serving in army since one year & i want to apply in army officer. My date of birth is 03-11-1991. Sir, kindly give me information & about reading things (books,megine aur other notes ).
I shall be very thankful to u for this
yours trully
Satish kumar

Related Questions:
2nd July 2015, 11:27 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply as a Army officer? I am a 12th exam student in Arts with 61% marks

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for an Army officer being a senior secondary degree holder and being almost 24 years old.

Generally one can apply for Army officer in two ways first way is through National Defense Academy and other way is through Combined Defense Services. Both the examinations are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

For National Defense Academy ones educational qualification must be a senior secondary degree with any stream from a recognized board of education with age not exceeding 19 years.

Also for Combined Defense Services examination ones age must be within 19 years to 24 years with an educational qualification as a bachelor degree holder with any stream from a recognized university.

Clearly you can observe that for NDA examination you are not satisfying age criteria where as for CDS examination you are not satisfying the educational qualification. So you are no eligible for your recruitment as an Army officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?