1st March 2015, 03:26 PM

How can I apply for income tax officer exam?

i have complete my bba and mba both i want apply for income tax officer exam how can i apply or i can make myself regrister

22nd March 2015, 03:05 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for income tax officer exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02610261 View Post
i have complete my bba and mba both i want apply for income tax officer exam how can i apply or i can make myself regrister
Yes, you are eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer Exam. This exam is generally conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year. Income Tax department relates to the collection of revenues for government.

Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline can apply for this exam. Final year candidates are also eligible to sit for income tax officer exam.

If you want to apply for this exam then, your age should be between 18 to 27 years.

There is age relaxation applicable for reserved categories i.e., +3 years for Other Backward Class, +5 years for SC/ST categories and +10 years for Physically disabled candidates.

Exam Pattern:
  1. Preliminary exam and
  2. Main Exam
Preliminary exam consist two papers of General awareness & General intelligence and Arithmetic. For each paper you will have 2 hours and maximum marks would be 100 marks for each.

Main exam consist questions from General studies, Arithmetic, English, Language, Communication skills and Writing. Maximum marks would be 800 marks for main examination.

Notification for the income tax officer exam generally published in the month of April. Candidates have to fill the application form and then, have to sent it to the regional center as mentioned in the notification. So, wait for the next notification of income tax exam 2015.
21st April 2015, 03:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for income tax officer exam?

Income Tax Officer exam is generally conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) every year.

-The candidate must have any degree from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 18 years to 27 years.There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates i.e.,

For OBC- 3 years,

For SC/ST-5 years.

The selection exam for the post is held in three stages.

Stage 1: Written Objective type Examination (Tier 1)

A. General Intelligence + Reasoning - 50 marks
B. Gen.Awareness-50 marks
C. Quantitative Aptitude –50 marks
D. English Comprehension -50 marks
Total Marks - 200
Duration: 02 hours

Stage 2 : Written Objective type Examination (Tier 2)

I.Quantitative Abilities : 200 marks (100 Questions)
Duration: 2 hours
II.English Language & Comprehension: 200 marks.
Duration : 2 hours
Total Marks : 400

Stage 3: Personality test/Interview (100 Marks)

-The candidate can apply for the exam either online or offline.The application forms are available at the Official website of SSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?