14th June 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am a B.A first year

wot subjects shoul i focus on to be an IAS ? i am in ba first year.and i am duing english honours.

15th June 2014, 01:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a B.A first year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wot subjects shoul i focus on to be an IAS ? i am in ba first year.and i am duing english honours.
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination .

If you have graduation degree from recognized university then you can apply for IAS Exam.IAS exam conducted for UPSC through civil service exams .

Yes , BA in English subject are eligible for IAS exam .

Age criteria-

Minimum age - 21 years old.
Maximum age - 30 years old.

Permissible No of Attempts in IAS exam -

For General Category - 4
For OBC - 7
For SC/ST - No limit

Selection process for IAS exam are -

1) Preliminary Test
2)Mains Exam
3)Personal Interview.

Optional papers are-

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
  • Current events of national and international importance.
  • History of India and Indian National Movement.
  • Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
  • Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
  • Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
  • General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
  • General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision-making and problem-solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data
  • interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
  • English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
IAS Main Examination Pattern:-
  • Paper-I and II: Two qualifying papers in any Indian language and English- 300 marks each
  • Paper-III : Essay- 250 Marks
  • Paper-IV: General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)- 250 marks
  • Paper-V: General Studies -II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)- 250 marks
  • Paper-VI: General Studies -III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)- 250 marks
  • Paper-VII: General Studies -IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)- 250 marks
  • Paper-VIII & Paper- IX: Optional Subject Papers I & II
List of optional subjects for Main Examination:-

Agriculture ; Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ; Anthropology ; Botany ; Chemistry ; Civil Engineering ; Commerce and Accountancy ; Economics ; Electrical Engineering ; Geography ; Geology ;History ; Law ; Management; Mathematics ; Mechanical Engineering ; Medical Science ; Philosophy ; Physics ; Political Science and International Relations ; Psychology ;Public Administration ;Sociology ;Statistics and Zoology .

Literature of any one of the following languages:-

Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English.

For online application or other details of IAS exam so please visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?