15th June 2013, 10:00 PM
kannavamsikrishna

How can I become an IAS officer? I am studying engineering 1st year in RGUIIT

sir, i am studying engineering 1 yr in rguiiit,rkvalley.i want to become an ias.please tell the useful preparation ias books.

16th June 2013, 10:30 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am studying engineering 1st year in RGUIIT

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year after Graduation Degree in any stream.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Hence as your studying in 1st year of B.Tech Engineering after completion of whch you are eligible to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?