18th April 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after studying degree?

Iam studying degree 3rd year but I want to become ias officer but I don't no anything about that and how to prepare for that.Could you please tell me how will crack ias exam

28th April 2013, 06:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after studying degree?

Since graduation is the necessary qualification for IAS, you can apply for the same after graduation. Selection is done through written test and interview organized by UPSC. Preparation of the test can be planned after collecting detailed syllabus from UPSC exam notification. General studies, mental aptitude, Indian polity, Indian constitution, world/Indian history, etc are asked for the exam. Self preparation or coaching center training can be chosen for exam preparation.
30th April 2013, 10:48 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam i.e Indian Administrative Exam
Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
It’s important to have some reading habits as that will help you to keep yourself updated about the current affairs. Read lots of magazines and news paper.
Also you should be strong in aptitude and the subjects that you have chosen or will choose.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!

30th April 2013, 10:42 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam studying degree 3rd year but I want to become ias officer but I don't no anything about that and how to prepare for that.Could you please tell me how will crack ias exam
Nice to see your interest in the field of the Civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC in every year. Indian Administrative Services (IAS) is the one of the famous and respected job of India. IAS entrance examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC once in every year.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :
Educational Qualification : pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year candidates can also apply for the Civil Services examination.

Age Criteria for Civil Services : The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the Civil service examination. For details and complete information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Is civil service exam conduct every year?
27th June 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

I am studying 3 year B.A eco honnors..how to become an IAS and how much year of the IAS..
18th October 2014, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Once after finishing IAS prelims and mains if a candidate fails in interview what he has to take weather exam or interview?
23rd August 2015, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

I am a graduation student and my percentage in BA 2nd year is 47% can i give a ias officer exam
5th December 2015, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying degree b.com final year I have intrested in ias but I dont know that how to apply for this
2nd January 2016, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

I am completing B.Sc (computers) in 2012. How to become an IAS officer. First what will i am doing?
3rd January 2016, 07:34 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer after studying degree?

IAS is the Indian Administration Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC board and in order to appear for the IAS examination you must have completed the Degree or should be in the finale year of the graduation course of study.

As you are in the finale year of the degree course of study you can apply for the IAS examination and you should clear the examination before appearing for the Interview of IAS examination.

IAS examination is generally conducted by the UPSC and this is one of the toughest Public services commission examination which is conducted and in order to appear for the IAS services you need to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria.
  1. Should have attained at least 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit
  2. Should have completed at least graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study in order to appear for the IAS examination
  3. Should belong to the Citizen of India only in order to appear for the IAS examination.

These are the minimum qualifications in order to appear for the IAS services examination.
31st October 2016, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm the final year student of B.com (CA) if I have to become an IAS officer should I complete my B.com (CA) or I can apply for it
25th April 2017, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

As I have completed my graduation and I am going to 30 years can I become an IAS officer? What I have to do?
30th July 2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

I am studying btech 3 rd year. I wants to apply for civil services examinations .can we take any optional subject to it?
26th November 2017, 07:36 AM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC every year is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#So,after degree,you can apply for IAS examination.
#And the age limit to apply for IAS examination is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#And the selection procedure of IAS Examination is Preliminary exam,main examination,personal interview and medical fitness test.
#And the maximum number of attempts allowed are 4 for General category, 7 for SC/ST candidates and no restriction for SC/ST candidates.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
20th June 2020, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest some books names to helpful for IAS &Also process to Apply IAS exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?