13th February 2023, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

How can I be eligible for IFoS Examination? As a Bvoc Software Development graduate I'm eligible to apply for UPSC IFoS examination?

I want to apply for IFoS Examination. How can I be eligible for IFoS Examination? As a Bvoc Software Development graduate I'm eligible to apply for UPSC IFoS examination?

16th February 2023, 07:26 PM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: How can I be eligible for IFoS Examination? As a Bvoc Software Development graduate I'm eligible to apply for UPSC IFoS examination?

Yes, as a B.Voc Software Development graduate, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFoS) Examination provided that you meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
  • Nationality: You must be a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
  • Educational Qualification: You should hold a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the following subjects - Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry, or Engineering from a recognized university.
  • Age Limit: You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination. There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category candidates.
  • Physical Standards: You must meet the physical standards specified in the notification of the examination.

To apply for IFoS Examination, you need to visit the official website of UPSC and follow the instructions given in the notification for filling up the application form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?