26th June 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a government job? What are the possible government jobs for me? I am a M.E graduate

sir,
I'm ME(EEE & Applied Electronics) graduate. I have 8 years teaching experience.I would like to switch over to gov job. so pls tell me what are the possible gov jobs I can get and when do they call for that posting.
thank you

21st July 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I get a government job? What are the possible government jobs for me? I am a M.E graduate

I have completed my ph.d. in 2008 in the subject of statistics. Present time i am pursing job as assistant professor in BBDNIIT,LKO.
24th July 2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I get a government job? What are the possible government jobs for me? I am a M.E graduate

i am an honours graduate(english)....what kind of courses will help me to get a government job????please suggest.
24th July 2012, 01:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend there are plenty of jobs in government sector for post graduates candidates in Engineering. However calculating your age by the fact that you have 8 years teaching experience, I fear that this bus has already left for you. I may be wrong in my calcuations.

The reason I said that is because most government jobs for Engineers have age limit for 21 to 30 years which is extended by 5 years for reserve category candidates. Unless you belong to reserve category I fear you may not be eligible for the government jobs except of one which is lecturer job in central or state government college.

But since you are already in the teaching profession and looking to switch, I am not sure how much interested you would be in lecturer job. But if you have been teaching in private college, this is a perfect opportunity for you to make a switch and get job in government college. Below I am pointing out all the options in front of you in government sector since I have no clue of your age.

PSU JOB

The first option is PSU job. More than 100 Public Sector Undertakings in India offer jobs to Engineering candidates. All the PSU post a job ad in the leading newspaper following which you can apply for job in PSU. You will however have to appear in a exam followed by the interview. The Public Sector Undertakings that offer jobs to EEE candidates are:

ZENCO

SAIL

ISRO

APSEB

HAL

BEL

DRDI

NAL

BHEL

Eligiblity for the PSU Job

You must have at least B.Tech degree with 60 percent marks.

Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Up to five years relaxation in upper age limit for the reserve category candidates.

Firstly you will have to appear in the written exam followed by the interview for the job.

IES

Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam is another good option for Engineering candidates to get jobs in various government agencies. The IES exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in June every year. There are total of 5 written exams followed by the interview for the job.

Eligibility

Must be Indian Citizen.

Citizen of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee can also apply but they will have to submit the certificate of eligibility provided by the central government to them.

The age limit for IES exam is 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST candidates get 5 years relaxation in upper age while OBC candidate gets 3 years.

Must have at least B.Tech degree in Engineering.

~~~If passed the exam, you may get job in one of these government areas:

Railway Department

Central Public Works Department

Engineer-in-Chief, Army Headquarters

Directorate General Ordnance Factories

Central Water Commission

Central Electricity Authority

Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation

Indian Navy

Border Roads Organisation

Geological Survey of India

UGC-NET

If you are not a lecturer in government college then this is perhaps your best chance to get a government job. If you wish to apply in central government colleges then you will have to appear in National Eligibility Test while if you are willing to get a job in a state government college then appear in the SET exam of that particular state.

Eligibility

1. A post graduate degree in any field. In your case ME would be enough.

2. Choose the same subject to appear in NET exam in which you completed ME course.

3. You should have secured at least 55 percent marks in Masters course.

4. For SC/ST/OBC this requirement is 50 percent.

5. There is no upper age limit for lecturer job.
24th July 2012, 03:23 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

IES

Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam is another good option for Engineering candidates to get jobs in various government agencies. The IES exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in June every year. There are total of 5 written exams followed by the interview for the job.

Eligibility

Must be Indian Citizen.

Citizen of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee can also apply but they will have to submit the certificate of eligibility provided by the central government to them.

The age limit for IES exam is 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST candidates get 5 years relaxation in upper age while OBC candidate gets 3 years.

Must have at least B.Tech degree in Engineering.

~~~If passed the exam, you may get job in one of these government areas:

Railway Department

Central Public Works Department

Engineer-in-Chief, Army Headquarters

Directorate General Ordnance Factories

Central Water Commission

Central Electricity Authority

Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation

Indian Navy

Border Roads Organisation

Geological Survey of India
25th July 2012, 10:29 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

HI....!!!

-->to go for government jobs you can give IES exam,which is good option for you:-

*eligibility criteria is given as follows:-

->you should be indian.

->age limit is 21-30 years.

->age relaxation of 5 yrs is there for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

->must have atleast B.tech degree from recognised university.

->if you pass the exam,you may apply for following jobs:-

-railway department

-central public works department

-central water commission

-central electricity authority

-geological survey of india.

-wireless planning and co-ordination wing

all the best...work hard and go ahead!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?