10th June 2013, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

How can I join CA after completing 12th commerce?

Sir..m pompi gogoi frm assam...sir..wt r the procedures to join CA aftr cmpleted 12 commrce..infact i took admisson in BBM....so wt i have to do sir...plzz tell me sir

27th June 2013, 04:42 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I join CA after completing 12th commerce?

CA Stands for Chartered Accountant

• A candidate who have completed their 12th in any Stream with Mathematics Subjects with at least 60% From Recognized Board Exam.

• A candidate must have to apply for CPT Entrance Exam, CPT Stands for Common Proficiency test Conducted by ICAI twice time in Year in month of June and December.

> You can get direct admission for the IPCC under the scheme offered by ICAI.

•) This scheme is offered to all graduates. They are given exemption from appearing for Common Proficiency Test if they meet the following criteria.

♦>> Exemption Criteria :~

1. The candidate should have 55 percent marks in commerce graduation.

2. Candidate will need 60 percent marks in non commerce graduation.

Therefore you should try to pass the Bachelor of Commerce course with at least 55 percent marks. After which it will not be necessary to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

However if you failed to do so then it would be necessary to appear for the CPT exam. There are basically 4 subjects that are divided into 2 groups. Both groups are of 100 marks. If you manages to score 30 percent marks in each group, you will clear the Common Proficiency Test.

The four subjects of Common Proficiency Test are:

1. Accounting,

2. Mercantile Laws,

3. General Economics

4. Quantitative Aptitude

> Either way after completing the test or exemption you will take admission for IPCC. It also has two groups of tests. Once you have cleared the first group, it would become necessary to complete 3 years long articleship and only when 6 months are left to complete it, you can appear for the Final Examination.
4th July 2013, 06:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join CA after completing 12th commerce?

Since you have take BBM there are two options in front of you. Either complete the BBM and then apply for the Chartered Accountancy or you can do it right now by taking one course as correspondence or by quiting BBM if you are not interested.

If you decides to complete the graduation then there is the possibility of getting exemption from appearing for the Common Proficiency Test. To do so you will have to meet the following criteria.

Exemption Criteria

1. 55 percent marks in commerce related graduation course.

2. 60 percent marks in non commerce related course.

If you fail to meet the criteria then it will become necessary to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. See the option 2 below to appear for CPT.

In the second option, you will start off with clearing the Common Proficiency Test. This test is the first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. You should be able to clear the 2 groups of the exam.

Must score 30 percent marks in each group to clear it. The Common Proficiency Test is conducted in June and December. The 2 groups have 2 subjects each. And these subjects are:-

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

The second stage is IPCC. There are 2 groups in IPCC as well. You can appear for the first group after 9 months of study. During the IPCC you will also take admission for the articleship.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

Last stage if Final Examination. To reach that you will have to clear the 2 groups of IPCC. Only when 6 or less months are left to complete articleship, you can apply for the final examination.

Group 1

1. Financial Reporting

2. Strategic Financial Management

3. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

4. Corporate and Allied Laws

Group 2

5. Advanced Management Accounting

6. Information System control and Audit

7. Direct Tax Laws

8. indirect tax Laws
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?