25th May 2017, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

How can i join IISER without attending JEE and KVPY?

Respected sir, I am a first year, B.Sc (zoology) student. I have not attend JEE exam and also KVPY due to my subject combination. My subject combination was combination science (biology, chemistry, nutrition, geography).
My 12th percentage was 76.5 % in WBCHSE state board. So can I join IISER? Please help me.

31st August 2017, 08:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i join IISER without attending JEE and KVPY?

IISER refers to Indian Institute of Science Education and Research and admission in the same is done through three channels which includes JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) Channel, KVYP ( Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana ) Channel and State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel.

Now as you have mentioned that you have not appeared in JEE and KVYP so the only option available for you is through the SCB channel in which the aggregate of board matters which is different for different board of education.

Now as you have mentioned that you have managed 76.5% marks in your Class 12th with West Bengal board then as per the minimum cutoff list for different board of examination available on official link of IISER you are not eligible through SCB channel as well if you are a general category candidate ( or Creamy layer OBC ) as for the same your minimum aggregate should have been 78.9% marks for admission through SCB channel. For other category there is provision of marks relaxation.

For more details about the admission procedure of IISER you can refer to the link www.iiseradmission.in.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?