23rd September 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air force? I am doing graduation in Biology

how to join indian airforce ?i doing graduate in biology microbiology&chemistry.what are airman qualification?

17th July 2014, 05:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air force? I am doing graduation in Biology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to join indian airforce ?i doing graduate in biology microbiology&chemistry.what are airman qualification?
You must have completed graduation degree with Biology and chemistry but you have not completed yet so you are not eligible for Indian Air force exam . But you can apply in Indian Army except Indian navy through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conducted CDS Examination for twice in a year .

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.Age limits are 19 to 22 years.

Indian Airforce academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.The age limits are 19 to 23 years.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.The age limits are 19 to 24 years.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.The age limits are 19 years to 25 years.

Physical criteria for CDS exam:=

For more details about CDS exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th March 2015, 05:37 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

It is not necessary to complete graduation from any particular streams because the main requirements to join INDIAN AIR FORCE is to have intermediate certificate.
If you wants to go in the ARMY SECTOR then you can go through the NDA entrance exams.And to crack or to seat in the NDA entrance exams you should take science streams with maths in 11th std.
If you are from ARTS stream then you are not eligible for the NDA entrance exams and hence not eligible to join "ARMY".

The subjects which are required for the NDA entrance exams are-->>
PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY AND MATHS.
and in the ARTS streams there is no such subjects.Hence science stream is very necessary for NDA

Only then after you can go for the NDA entrance exams conducted for the 12th std students.

There are the three wings under NDA:
1.Indian Army
2.Indian Air force
3.Indian Navy
Eligibility criteria for the NDA entrance exams are listed as below--->>>

Nationality:Indian

Marital Status: Unmarried

So if you are in graduation with BIOLOGY streams then there should be no delay.You should fill the application form of the NDA entrance exams and should prepare for the exams.
You will definitely crack the exams if you will prepare according to the syllabus.
20th March 2015, 03:26 PM
unique99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you can not join in Indian Air Force as you are doing Graduation in BIOLOGY.

To get the eligibility for AIR FORCE wing your background must be PCM(physics,chemistry,Mathematics)oriented.So you can not do that.

Your option is Indian Army, here your eligibility to join in Indian Army Wing will
permit.

After Graduation you are to cit for UPSC conducted CDS entrance examination.

Eligibility: Any Graduate can appear CDS entrance exam to join Indian Army Wing.

Candidate must be Unmarried.

Male/Female both can appear CDS examination.

If you are interested for Army Wing instead of Air Force you can visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,
21st March 2015, 09:37 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can not join Indian Air Force after graduation in Biology but you can join Indian army through CDS exam.

CDS exam stands for combined defense service exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

CDS exam consist four wings:-

Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Officer Training Academy

Education Qualification:-

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university from science background.

Age limit:-

Your age should be between 19-25 years.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?