18th February 2016, 05:56 PM
Naveenshanmukhappa

How can I join Indian Defence services having completed engineering in Electronics & Communication?

I am software engineer and i completed my engineering in electronics and communication with 78.3%, please help me to join Indian navy or air force or army.. please i am requesting you.. salary is doesn't matter for me.

18th February 2016, 11:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Defence services having completed engineering in Electronics & Communication?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after pursuing B.tech course. To join the defence service you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year and examination is conducted in month of February and August every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation or have B.tech/B.E from recognised university.

The age limit to appear for Indian Navy is 19-22 years where as for Air Force is 19-23 years.

For more information about examination details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th February 2016, 12:36 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Defence services having completed engineering in Electronics & Communication?

Yes, B.tech/B.E degree holder are eligible to appear for CDS examination for recruitment in Indian Navy or Air Force.

The examination is conducted in two stages before final recruitment for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 19-22 years and 19-23 years for Navy and Air Force respectively.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th February 2016, 10:48 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

Its good to have a B.Tech degree in "Electronics & Communication". Because there is great requirement of Telecom Engineer in Army Sector. So your degree will definitely add some values in the complete process of selection.

After completion of graduation course you can join ARMY job by cracking CDS (Combined Defense Services) entrance exam.

The minimum eligibility to fill the applications form of CDS is graduations from any authorized university of India. And you have a B.tech degree which will give you an additional benefits.

In CDS there are three sector/fields which are as below :

Military Army, Indian Air-Force, Indian Navy.

Education Qualification for the CDS :

Military : Graduations Degree from a recognized University.
Air Force : Graduations Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects from a recognized University.
Navy : Graduations degree with Physics or Mathematics from a recognized University.

Note : for officer post - Technical Degree from a recognized University.

Age requirements :

Military : minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years.
Air Force : minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years.
Navy : minimum 19 years and maximum 22 years.

Officer Post :: minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years.

So visit to the official website of UPSC as the CDS exam is conducted by UPSC only & fill the application form to get a chance.
19th February 2016, 11:45 AM
kachhadiyaramesh

You are eligible to apply for Indian Defence Services after completion of your B.E.(EC). For that , You will have to apply the entrance exam CDS & clear it with good score.

Eligibility
- You must have Indian Citizenship.
- You must have completed Engineering Degree For Indian Naval & completed degree with physics & chemistry subjects in 12th for Indian Airforce.
- You age must be between 18 to 22 years.

Selection
- CDS Written Exam
- SSB Interview

Exam Syllabus

Elementary Mathematics (100 Marks , 2 Hours)
- Arithmetic
- Algebra
- Trigonometry
- Geometry
- Mensuration
- Statistics

General Knowledge (100 Marks , 2 Hours)
Questions are based on current topics, science, history of India, geography, etc.

English (100 Marks , 2 Hours)

CDS Important Dates 2016
- Apply Online From : 16/07/2016
- Last Date to Apply : 12/08/2016
- CDS Exam : 23/10/2016
19th February 2016, 03:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveenshanmukhappa View Post
I am software engineer and i completed my engineering in electronics and communication with 78.3%, please help me to join Indian navy or air force or army.. please i am requesting you.. salary is doesn't matter for me.
You have completed B.Tech degree so you are eligible for Indian Navy and Indian Air Force exam through CDS exam.

So if you have qualify in below given round then you are eligible for a Indian Navy and Indian Air Force officer.

1)CDS written exam
2)Physical test
3)Medical test
4)Personal test

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?