9th November 2018, 01:25 PM
Arpita Das 9031

How can I pursue career in Income Tax Department being a current B.Com candidate?

Sir, I am a student of B.Com. I want to pursue my career in Income Tax Department. But I have no idea related to various job posts available in Income Tax Department. Please give all the details. I have also a problem of weak eyesight. Will this act as a hindrance in pursuing my career? Also, give all the necessary details for clearing exam, along with preparation details and all other requirements.

1st May 2023, 01:11 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue career in Income Tax Department being a current B.Com candidate?

There is no direct recruitment for this post. In order to become an Income Tax Officer, firstly one has to become an Income Tax Inspector , and then after departmental promotion , one becomes an Income Tax officer.
Those who want to persue career as income tax officer has to earn a bachelor's degree . The minimum educational qualification for CGL is bachelor's degree.
*After meeting all the eligibility criteria, apply for SSC CGL exam.
*Write Tier I , II and III exam
* Complete document verification and medical examination
*Qualify for the departmental exam for income tax officer.
For starting a career in taxation after BCom , the candidates have to appear for an entrance exam followed by a na interview. Some top government organization that hire BCom taxation graduates are Public Sector Banks, RBI, SBI , Indian Railway etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?