4th May 2017, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

How to study for income tax department officer after bcom?

Hello , I want to study income tax department but i don't know any information about income tax so please refer me college, subject, percentage, entrance exam date ,etc.
Thank you!

4th May 2017, 09:36 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to study for income tax department officer after bcom?

To become an Income Tax Officer, You are required to join as a Income Tax Inspector through qualifying SSC Combined Graduate Level Entrance Exam. After that, You can get promotion to Income Tax Officer after qualifying departmental exam.

Income Tax Officer Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 18 to 24 year. Relaxation applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.

SSC CGL Dates
- Starts of Online Application : May, 2017
- Last Date of Application : June, 2017
- Download Admit Card : July, 2017
- Entrance Exam : August, 2017

Selection Procedure
- Go to site : www.ssconline.nic.in
- Apply online or offline for SSC Combined Graduate Level Entrance for the post of Income Tax Inspector.
- Submit your application.
- Appear the entrance exam and get good score.
- If qualified the entrance, You will be called for Personal Interview in which interviewer tests your mental ability and awareness about taxation matters.

Entrance Exam Pattern
Entrance comprises of two sections. (1) Tier I (2) Tier II

Tier I ( 200 Marks, 2 Hours )
- General Intelligence
- General Awareness
- Numerical Aptitude
- English Comprehension

Tier II ( 300 Marks, 4 Hours )
- Arithmetic Abilities (100 Questions)
- English Language and Comprehension (200 Questions)
4th May 2017, 10:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study for income tax department officer after bcom?

To become Income Tax Officer or to join Income Tax Department you must apply for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination and this examination is conducted every year by the SSC for the graduates of any stream.

Bachelor of Commerce candidates can also apply for the exam and the age limit is 18 to 30 years for the candidates of general category and 3 years age relaxation to OBC and 5 years to SC and ST respectively.

There are three stages of this exam namely Tier 1, 2 and interview.

The notification for the SSC CGL 2017 would have been released in April.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?