17th August 2012, 01:40 AM
Chetana Narvekar

How to clear SET exam after completing M.Com?

I had completed my Mcom. and for further study i want to clear net set exam. but i dont have 55% I have 50%. but still want to give exam. how can I do this?

17th August 2012, 01:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to clear SET exam after completing M.Com?

SET is similar to National Eligibility Test (NET) entrance exam. The only difference is that while UGC-NET is for lecturer job in central government colleges. SET exam is conducted by each state separately and give lecturer job only in particular state.

Unfortunately in your case since you have not got 55 percent marks in M.Com, there is no way to appear in the SET exam. The only possibility is if you belong to SC/ST community because these reserve category candidates get 5 percent relaxation for pecentage requirement. In such case you need 50 percent marks which you have managed to obtain.

I am sorry for breaking the bad news for you but no exemption is give under any circumstances. You will have to meet all the requirements in order to appear for the SET exam. Unfortunately the requirement of NET exam is also the same as SET exam else I would have recommended you to appear in National Eligibility Test.

Here are the complete list of eligibilities to appear in SET/NET entrance exam.

1. Candidate must be Indian National

2. He/She should have passed post graduate course.

3. He/She should score at least 55 percent marks in post graduate course.

4. Candidates of SC/ST communities require 50 percent marks.

5. Your subject for PG course is mandatory to choose for NET exam. There is no option to choose any other subject.

6. You can apply for SET exam while in the final year of post graduation course.

7. However such candidates are required to submit degree within 2 years and should meet the percentage criteria else they would be disqualified.

8. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

9. There is no upper age limit for lecturer.
17th August 2012, 08:19 PM
i am sure
Member+

SET exam

State Governments to conduct the State Eligibility Test(SET) for lectureship, provided, the SET is duly accredited by the U.G.C.

The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited

OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (SET).pdf(45.0 KB, 211 views)
3rd September 2016, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

In paper 1 in set exam their are total 60 question but out of that 50 must be attempt i must be attempt total 60 question and as per online answer key i will get 48 marks in paper 1 so my question is this i am qualified as a set or not ..because in paper 2 i get 44 and in paper 3 i get 75 marks .....plz tell me the solution this is right answer key
30th November 2019, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

What is main subject I choose for set after completing m.com with finance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?