15th September 2017, 11:06 AM

How to correct the mistake while filling GATE application form?

I did mistake in HOD form, In this, I forgot to write my registration number. How to correct the mistake while filling GATE application form? Can you please give me the steps which I need to follow? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

15th September 2017, 07:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to correct the mistake while filling GATE application form?

If you have finally submitted the application form then there is no chance to correct this mistake because online portal clearly mention that no modification will be allowed once application form is finally submitted. The document which requires signature of HOD needs to be uploaded during GATE online application form.

Suppose, you have not finally submitted then you can write the registration number on hard copy, again scan and upload it. You can call helpdesk or email your mistake to GATE conducting authority of 2018. The official details are at Click Here .
15th September 2017, 08:35 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For correction in GATE application form, you need to wait for few days after the registration process is over.

After the registration process if fully completed of the candidates, GOAPS login will be activated which will allow candidates to make the correction in the application form.

GOAPS login will need registration number of the candidate and the password created during registration.
15th September 2017, 09:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

In the notification of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, 2018 exam, it is clearly mentioned that candidates need to take caution before finally submitting application form because no editing will be allowed after that.

In other words, you can not edit your mistake after final submission. You can mail your mistake to exam conducting authority for consideration.
19th September 2017, 10:23 PM
manjira...

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The application for GATE has to be done through online mode only and it started from September. The conducting organization had mentioned that the candidates should be careful while filling the form and they cannot edit the application form once final submission is done. However provision has been made to rectify minor mistakes in the application form.

Candidates can make correction with the helps of GATE Application Form Correction Facility. The candidates should check the Application Form status to know if any correction is needed. The organization conducting GATE will communicate if any correction is required after scrutiny. Only minor corrections are allowed and any change will require appropriate documents. You need to keep a check on the application status and get in touch with the authority and request them to allow you for making the necessary correction.
18th September 2018, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my hod certificate.I uploaded black and white instead of colour pdf format
21st September 2018, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I mistakely add wrong stream i add computer science and information technology instead of computer science and engineering my form got submitted can i chnge it
24th September 2019, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

In my father name a minor spelling mistakes in degree certificate from HSC Certificate, which name enter in parents column in gate application, HSC or Degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?