21st June 2013, 11:33 AM
murrlii

How to do CA course after completing B.Com?

I had completed B,Com in 1998. since from I am working in different company's. Now I want to do CA course. can it possible for me. If it is then what is the way to complete CA

9th July 2014, 05:52 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to do CA course after completing B.Com?

The Chartered Accountancy course in India is regulated by Institute of Chartered Accountancy of India. Aspirants can join after completion of class 12 and graduation and there is no age limit for joining CA. After the Common Proficiency Test, IPCC ( Integrated Proficiency Competence Course ) will be conducted.
As per ICAI norms, total duration to CA course was 5 years and 3 months but now it is 4.5 years. After registration and completion of CPT, candidates are sent for training in any CA firm for 3 1/2 years. During the training period, candidates can apply for other two tests of CA IPCC and Final courses.
Courses in ICWAI or Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) equip students become well versed with the maintenance of accounts, preparation of Income Tax Return, Service Tax Return, Filling of Return under Companies Act, Filling of Returns under Income Tax, VAT, Service Tax, Central Excise Custom Act, Export & Import documentation. ICWA course is divided into three stages of Foundation Stage after class 12. Intermediate Stage after B.com, BBM, occurs after clearing the foundation course. After the final stage, as a Cost Accountant starts his practice by obtaining a licence from the Institute.
Duration of various courses are
Foundation Program- 6 months
Intermediate Program- 12 months
Management Training- 36 months
Final Course- 12 months
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?