5th May 2012, 07:51 PM
belkh

How to do M.A in English after doing M.A in Linguistics?

i'v completed my ma in linguistics and want to do ma in english. how will ma in both english and linguistics help me ?

30th November 2012, 08:05 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do M.A in English after doing M.A in Linguistics?

Hello,
Well when you did M.A. in linguistics, you must have seen that in most colleges there is no particular eligibility criteria. Only thing is that you have to be a graduation degree holder and that too with minimum 50% marks. Now it is obvious that you suit this criteria. But did you have your graduation in English honors? If not then English M.A. will not be a possibility for most regular colleges. Only option is you could go for IGNOU M.A. For this you have to just be a graduate. The course is for 2 years. If you want to do, then log onto www.ignou.ac.in. Now to answer the last part, you can go for school teaching jobs in higher secondary genre. Also you can go for language translation or interpretation projects under any well known organization.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?