24th April 2013, 01:50 PM
nandini rathore

How to do M.Tech in IT branch? I have done B.Tech in Bioinformatics

i hv done my btech in bioinformatics...my gate rank is 338 ..now i want to do mtech in IT branch...what will be the scope of this cobination..and how much payment i will be paid..

7th May 2013, 10:33 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in IT branch? I have done B.Tech in Bioinformatics

My dear friend,

It is impossible to get an admission in M.Tech IT branch because the main thing is that you have completed your bachelor of technology in Bioinformatic not in the computer field.

Your branch in B.Tech is totally different form the other ones so you are not eligible for M.TECH IT stream.You have to go for M.TECH in your stream only not in IT.

As IT stands for Information Technology and it is related to the computers because it is one of the branch of Computer Science.

Only CSE and IT students can go for M.TECH in IT and other can go for their field only not for others.So my friend choose another one rather than it.

There are so many streams in which you can complete your M.TECH but the main thing is that you have to crack the GATE entrance exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering and the students can go for it only after completion of their degree in technology or engineering.

You must have completed your bachelor degree with more than 50% marks under some recognized university or board.

Mainly the cutoff for GATE entrance exam is 25 marks and if you crack the GATE then you will have so many option like the all GATES in your life become open for you.

Thank u!!
13th June 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in IT branch? I have done B.Tech in Bioinformatics

Dear friend u can go for M TECH in IT Coz B TECH bioinformatics is related to Computer science also know as Bio-IT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?