9th August 2010, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?

in which branch mtech(like electrical,mechanical,civil or any other than cse) can be done after doing btech in cse

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between Computer Science and Information Technology branch of engineering? Is there any special branch of software development?
  2. Which is the best course available for M.Tech after Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Which Mtech streams get high salary packages jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Commerce courses are worthy enough? Good streams for PCM Computers student other than engineering?
  5. Can I get a government job after completing B.Tech IT?
  6. Am I eligible to teach B.Tech, M.Tech students?
  7. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
  8. Job Opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech CSE and M.Tech CSE candidates?
  9. Apart from teaching profession which are the other career opportunities available after M.Tech?
  10. Which option is better for me between M.Tech IT and M.Tech CSE?
  11. Which course I can take up for doing Masters after completion of B.Tech ECE? -- [New]
  12. List of different streams for a well paid job after B.Tech(CSE)?
  13. List of IT sector companies where I can apply for a job? I have 74% marks in 10th and 73% marks in 12th. I have 57% marks in my B.Tech and 70% in M.Tech with CSE stream
  14. Eligibility to join M.Tech. CSE in Tamilnadu based on B.tech percentage and CGPS score
  15. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  16. How to get a government job after completing M.E in Telecommunication?
  17. What are the government jobs available for M.Tech CSE students?
  18. What are the government jobs available after completing B.Tech CSE?
29th August 2010, 11:02 PM
KHAN20

Default Re: Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?

dear friend,
according to my knowledge u can not do m.tech on other stream's subject after doing b.tech in cse.
afer b.tech u can go to m.tech through gate exam.if u have qualified gate exam .u will be given to choise ur subject from ur stream .and on that particular subject u can do m.tech.this is gate entrance rule..
so take decission &make ur future bright.
good luck.
30th August 2010, 12:17 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?

Dear friend,
as per i know you have to give GATE exam to do m.tech after b.tech.and if you clear the exam you will be allowed to do m.tech from the college according to your rank.m.tech is done in particular subject of your related branch in b.tech.since you are from computer science it wont be a good decision if you go for subject other than computer moreover it will be very difficult for you to carry on with the subject since you wont be having any idea about that subject.
Best Wishes!!!!
30th August 2010, 12:54 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
You can't take any other branch (like EE,ME,ECE etc) in M.Tech while you have completed B.Tech with CSE.
But one thing you can do , is you can choose so many specialization in M.Tech but related to CSE.
Some specializations are:
CSE
Software engineering
IT etc.

good luck.
30th August 2010, 12:57 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?

dear friend,
You can't take any other branch (like EE,ME,ECE etc) in M.Tech while you have completed B.Tech with CSE.
But one thing you can do , is you can choose so many specialization in M.Tech but related to CSE.
Some specializations are:
CSE
Software engineering
computer network
IT etc.

good luck.
30th August 2010, 01:23 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

i am very sorry to inform you that you have no any option to choose the other engineering departments..

you can choose only those stream that matches your profile ,

such as IT.
30th August 2010, 08:37 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
the other engineering which is very nearly related to computers is information technology,
i think if you take post graduation in information technology there would be not an problem for you,
even clearing gate will be easier than taking any other subjects
all the best
30th August 2010, 11:23 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIENDS,

as you are computer engineer. so
for the m/tech if you do not want to choose the computer engineering as your subjects.

then there is noa ny problem,
you can choose IT specilazation,

but you can not choose mechanical/electrical or vivil etc..
30th August 2010, 05:34 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As the software market is down, so it will be better for you to go for some some other branch in Mtech.. like you can go for Electronics and communication.

it has a huge scope to get a job after completion of your Mtech..

for doing that you have to gather some knowledge about basic electronics,
and communication..

after that you can go for Mtech in ECE..

all the best..
3rd September 2010, 06:22 PM
chehak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAN20 View Post
dear friend,
according to my knowledge u can not do m.tech on other stream's subject after doing b.tech in cse.
afer b.tech u can go to m.tech through gate exam.if u have qualified gate exam .u will be given to choise ur subject from ur stream .and on that particular subject u can do m.tech.this is gate entrance rule..
so take decission &make ur future bright.
good luck.
i'm not gud in programming so what subject i choose
7th September 2010, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in VLSI and microelectronics after doing btech in CSE?
24th September 2010, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do mtech in VLSI and microelectronics after doing btech in CSE?
yes you can do m tech in microelectronics from iit bombay and IISc Banglore .For that you required valid Gate score in CS/EC/EE/PH .you are from CSE branch hence you can give gate in CS paper.you are eligible for power electronics ,control engg,micro electronics,VLSI etc.
2nd October 2010, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

cn i do biomedical in m.tech after done my b.tec in instrumentation
21st October 2010, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

hi, i am final year btech student. i wish to join mtech in computer science. i am not good in programming.so what all mtech courses(computer science) will fit my interest?
please reply
24th October 2010, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i'm from ece in BE can i choose in stream for gate and is it advantage or dis
24th October 2010, 11:58 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Yes you can opt for other branches..But it will be very difficult for you to cope up with the vast syllabus for GATE exam..

Probably you may end up in mess...So it is better if you carry on your career in CSE only..

Good luck !!
28th October 2010, 10:02 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

there are some Mtech streams which give you high salary packages jobs

1.VLSI & Embeded systems.

2.Information technology & internet security.

3.nano technology.

etc.

all the best..........
2nd November 2010, 10:33 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

after B.tech in C.S.E you should do m.Tech in computer subject. because in computer you have a good knowledge now. then why you want to do M.tech in other field?

but as you are interested in other field then you may do M.tech in other field. like

networking subject. although it is related to computer but it is different from ther computer subject.

microprocessor.
VLSI
also some institution offer digital communication and control system for M.Tech for computer science student.

you may go towards these subject if you have interest.

best wishes.
2nd November 2010, 03:23 PM
nehachopra1301

Dear friend

there is no restriction to opt for branches in M.TECH....you can choose any trade after having your Bachelors in any branch......

ALL THE BEST....
2nd November 2010, 04:32 PM
sakran

dera friend,
u can opt for vlsi, embeeded systems after completion of b.tech in cse.
2nd November 2010, 06:10 PM
ravishanker2010

My name is ravishanker gupta mobile no. 8103312346 email [email protected]
i have a done BCA.
2nd November 2010, 07:39 PM
rohi9t

you can go for Mtech in
semiconductor devices or ICs
artificial intelligence
robotics
nanotechnology
after doing BTech in CSE.
9th November 2010, 06:12 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Either you can appear other stream to take admission in other brach.
Or you can appear in gate for CS stream and can take cources like embeded system , VLSI, networking, communication and lots more are available.
10th November 2010, 07:36 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

for getting m.tech degree GATE is the best .appear in gate secure good marks and you will be elligible to join best collages but as per my best of knowledge gate doesnt allow to do m.tech with subjects other than your b.tech branch subjects . so it would be better for you do m.tech in any of b.tech subject and enhance your programming skills . good luck
28th November 2010, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in maths after doing b.tech in cse.........
18th December 2010, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

i'm jus copleted my Btech in CSE .. the which is the best stream to mtech for me
23rd December 2010, 12:55 PM
mdtareque

Hello,
You can do in M.TEch other streams but it's good to doin same stream as of B.Tech, as you'll be possessing the required knowledge . Hope you get the point
2nd January 2011, 07:19 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE
u can not do m.tech on other stream's subject after doing b.tech in cse.

good luck.
18th January 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

is there any branch related to information security....in....m.tech. and in which iit's
plzzzzzzzzz.....guide me....and my mail id is
[email protected]
19th January 2011, 07:01 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
in which branch mtech(like electrical,mechanical,civil or any other than cse) can be done after doing btech in cse
dear friend,
after doing b.tech in computer science & engineering you can do m.tech in the same branch only. you can not change the stream in mtech.
20th January 2011, 08:33 AM
Antara_N

Smile Re: Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?

There are many such individual disciplines which can be pursued by students of other branches as well depending upon the need & type of the discipline...
go through the website of GATE, it'll give u a retailed account
21st January 2011, 02:47 PM
mychandru024

you can take either computer science or information science. thats all... not others!!!
4th March 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

i want to work in the field of biocomputing after graduation.now iam pursuing my b.tech in computer science.which m.tech stream should i select for working in the field of bio computing????????????????????
19th April 2011, 04:31 PM
sharivikram

If you ready to take GATE in any disciplines and cleared, you can take the courses.
28th April 2011, 12:23 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

after B.tech in C.S.E you should do m.Tech in computer subject. because in computer you have a good knowledge now. then why you want to do M.tech in other field?

but as you are interested in other field then you may do M.tech in other field.

there are some Mtech streams which give you high salary packages jobs

1.VLSI & Embeded systems.

2.Information technology & internet security.
26th May 2011, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

hello friends,
i want to complete my higher studies in Artificial Intelligence.
now im doing in CSE stream.
so can you please suugest me for the further move..
26th May 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

iam very much worried whether to choose mtech or mba after my btech in cse.pls suggest me which option will lead me to a good future .....pls plssssssss my email [email protected] wating for ur valuable reply
26th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

which stream part part wl b bst tu take after in mtech
27th May 2011, 01:03 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,
as you are computer engineer. so
for the m/tech if you do not want to choose the computer engineering as your subjects.

then there is noa ny problem,
you can choose IT specilazation,

but you can not choose mechanical/electrical or vivil etc..

Thanks
1st June 2011, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

How much Aggregate Required in B.Tech for Eligible in M.Tech..........?
20th June 2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friends,

I have completed my b.tech course in electronics and communication enginnering(E.C.E). I wanna change my field from electronics from computrer in M.Tech coz i found a great interest in computer also. I just dont want to go with MCA coz as per i concern, the value of b.tech and mca is same..So, is it possible to me to switch over from electronics(in b.tech) to computer(in m.tech)??

Thanking you in advance

Saikat Dasgupta
23rd June 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

which government Exam can not be given by B.Tech. IT student and which branch scope in better in EE and IT for girls
5th July 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Please can anybody let me know all the M Tech streams I can opt for after doing my B. E. in CSE?
9th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

DEAR FRIENDS..
plz guide me about cse(information security)branch in ME after btech(cse)
is it gud to carry on...???
14th July 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Hai friends....I am sandeep. I did my B.Tech From CSE and now I got 300 rank In PGECET entrance test.. is it good to do M.Tech through PGECET? And if it is good, Which stream is better in Computer side....Thank you in advance...Pls give ur suggestions to me..
14th July 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Hai Friends...
I am sandeep, I did my B.tech from CSE in 2010.. Now I got 300 Rank In PGECET Entrance, Is it good to do M.Tech Thru Pgecet..? If It is ok, then which computer branch is better for me.. pls..plz Give ur suggestions... Thank you in advance....
14th July 2011, 03:14 PM
sandeeasnc

Hai Friends...
I am sandeep, I did my B.tech from CSE in 2010.. Now I got 300 Rank In PGECET Entrance, Is it good to do M.Tech Thru Pgecet..? If It is ok, then which computer branch is better for me.. pls..plz Give ur suggestions... Thank you in advance....
27th September 2011, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

after b.tech in c.s for m.tech in other than c.s which will be the best either software engineering or information communication...plz reply me at my e.mail i.d [email protected]
27th September 2011, 09:22 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear friend,

See as you have completed your B.Tech degree from CSE then I will suggest you to go for M.Tech in some computer subjects which will help you future. According to your GATE score you can take admission in some great colleges like IITs. I have mentioned some M.Tech. stream for CSE students :

1. Software Engineering,
2. Artificial Inteligence,
3. Language Processor,
4. Advanced Operating System,
5. Advanced Java
6. Robotics,
7. Arcitecture,
8. Distributed Database,
9. Computer Network,
10. Semiconductor Devices,
11. Information Technology,
12. Internet Security,
13. Image Processing,
14. Advanced Computer Graphics. etc.

You can choose any of them and can pursue your master degree.

all the best.
27th September 2011, 11:06 PM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,

but as you are interested in other field then you may do M.tech in other field. like

networking subject. although it is related to computer but it is different from ther computer subject.

microprocessor.
VLSI
also some institution offer digital communication and control system for M.Tech for computer science student.

you may go towards these subject if you have interest.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?