27th October 2012, 10:59 PM
vamsheendra

How to do MBA in regular mode after scoring 48% in B.Com

i have got 48% in bcom but i am not getting a seat in mba in hyderabad colleges, i want to do mba in regular mode, pls help me by your valuable suggestion, reply me fast, pls do need ful help.

28th October 2012, 06:02 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA in regular mode after scoring 48% in B.Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsheendra View Post
i have got 48% in bcom but i am not getting a seat in mba in hyderabad colleges, i want to do mba in regular mode, pls help me by your valuable suggestion, reply me fast, pls do need ful help.
If want to do MBA course in regular mode then you have to appear for the MBA entrance examination then you can get direct admission in top colleges .

MBA Stands for Master of Business Administration and this course is divided into 4 semesters and duration of course is 2 years . MBA course have a lots of scope and MBA offering the various specialization so you can pick your desire specialization in that .

MBA entrance examinations ::

-->> CAT
-->> MAT

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management Once in a year . Minimum Academic Qualification is that candidate have to completed degree course from a recognized University and have a secure at least 50% aggregate marks for General ( 45% marks for reserved categories ). Final year candidate may also eligible to apply .

-->> Last date for receipt of application :: 19/09/12
-->> Date of examination :: 11/10/12 - 06/11/12

MAT Stands for Management Aptitude Test and this examination is conducted by All India Management Association four times in a year .

Eligibility ::

-->> Degree with any discipline from a recognized University .
-->> There is no minimum marks required for this examination .
-->> Final year candidates are eligible to apply .

Online Application :: http://apps.aima.in/matdec12/GuidelinesApply.htm

Important dates ::

-->> Last date for receipt of application :: 14/11/12
-->> Last date for receipt of application at AIMA New Delhi :: 17/11/12

MAT Exam will be conducted in two modes :: Paper Based Test OR Computer Based Test .

MAT Exam Pattern ::
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • Data Interpretation
  • Data Analysis
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Verbal ability
28th October 2012, 10:23 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Well dear with 48% in B.Com you will not be able to go for MBA. For MBA in anywhere regular or distance you will need a minimum 50% in your graduation. This 50% can only be considered as 45% or above if only you are in reserved category. If you belong to the reserved category then 48% will be more than enough for you to apply for MBA admission. Why don't you go for distance education MCA instead. Regular MCA has a graduation marks restriction of around 60% But distance education MCA does not have these. You need to be a graduate to apply. Also no entrance examination will be taken. The cost is much moderate than other MCA universities. See the official IGNOU website www.ignou.ac.in to know more on the enrollment.
28th October 2012, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am mukesh verma student of b.com. part 2 from allahabad university.
sir i want to know that what is the future after c.p.t.
28th October 2012, 05:56 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend ,

Sorry to say you but it is not possible for you to do MBA ,since you have scored 48 % , which is not required percentage for doing MBA course as the eligibility for MBA if you belong to General category it is 50 % ,but if you are a SC/ST etc candidate then yes you are eligible for MBA course as the minimum percentage is 45 % from recognized college/university.

You need to sit for an entrance exam like CAT ,MAT,SNAP, etc (any one )and have to score above 95 percentile, in order to get admission in top MBA college like IIM,XLRI,FMS, etc ...

so you have to work really hard start preparing ....

All The Best ..
28th October 2012, 07:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

MBA - Master of Business Administration, is a two years Post Graduation Course and can be pursed after Graduation in any stream.

MBA can be pursed in reputed Institutions by appearing through entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT etc.

As you are securing 48% marks in Graduation you can apply for MAT(Management Aptitude Test) conducted by AIMA(All India Management Association) - The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University is eligible to apply for MAT.

You can also apply for any other MBA institution which conduct admission on the basis of mark secure in Graduation level.
31st October 2012, 06:11 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

Minimum requirement for MBA is graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university

Most of the institutes take admission through entrance exam. Most MBA entrance exams require you to have 50% in graduation.

These are some of the entrance tests : -

CAT (For admission into the IIM's and several other institutes)

JMET ( For admission into MBA course at the IIT's and IISc Bangalore)

MAT

ATMA

XAT

MHT-CET

GCET

KMAT

HPCMAT

TANCET

MPMET

PMET.........etc

Every institute has its own eligibility criteria and selection procedure which can be found from the institute of your choice.

all the best........

Regards.....
Tash
31st October 2012, 10:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsheendra View Post

You have completed B.com degree with above 48% so you are applicable for MAT exam.There is not required any kind of percentage marks.

Through MAT exam , you will get the seat for MBA programe .You are not applicable for others MBA entrance exam because maximum entrance exam want 50% marks in graduation degree.

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test . The Examination is conducted by All India Management Association . The Examination is conducted four times in a year during the month of February , May , September , and December .

The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University .Final year student in any undergraduate can also apply.

The Exam pattern for MAT exam is given below , you can prepare well below given topics .

Language Comprehension - 40 Questions

Mathematical Skills - 40 Questions

Data Analysis and Sufficiency - 40 Questions

Intelligence and Critical Reasoning - 40 Questions

Indian and Global Environment - 40 Questions.

For more details about MAT Exam ,you can visit to http://www.aima-ind.org
1st November 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

deepa.im final year aeronautical engineering student.i plan to study mba in abroad.i like to know the scope of job and pls suggest me an idea abt mba relating my subject.
23rd January 2013, 07:52 AM
nikhinaya

Through MAT exam , you will get the seat for MBA programe .You are not applicable for others MBA entrance exam because maximum entrance exam want 50% marks in graduation degree.
MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test . The Examination is conducted by All India Management Association . The Examination is conducted four times in a year during the month of February , May , September , and December .
The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University .Final year student in any undergraduate can also apply.
The Exam pattern for MAT exam is given below , you can prepare well below given topics .
Language Comprehension - 40 Questions
Mathematical Skills - 40 Questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?