7th August 2013, 10:45 PM
Ganesh Ash

How to do MSc at IIT if I am doing BSc Physics 3rd year

Sir,
I am doing B.sc., physics 3rd year.I like to my M.sc., at IIT.So please help me that what books i have to read and what qualifications need to jion in IIT...

2nd July 2014, 03:36 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to do MSc at IIT if I am doing BSc Physics 3rd year

There are post graduate level courses like M.Tech in Aerospace, Microelectronics & VLSI, Chemical, Computer Science and Engineering, Power Electronics & Power System, Mechanical, Civil, Electronic System, Communication & Signal Processing, Energy Science Engineering. M.Tech in Biochemical & Biotechnology Engineering, Process Engineering & Design, Computer Application in Chemical Engineering, Information and Communication Technology courses are also offered. There are also you have write the entrance exam and personal interview. The Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM) is an all India examination conducted to provide admissions to various M. Sc. (Two Year) / M. Sc.-Ph. D. Dual Degree. You have to clear the JAM test.
Candidates from general category should have scored minimum 60 per cent, 55 per cent marks incase of SC/ST in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.CA / MBBS / M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr.Degree)/ BDS (4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations. The degree should be recognized by Institution of Engineers, Institute of Chemical Engineers, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, Indian Institute of Metals.
Books for the IIT JAM physics are ::

Fundamentals of Optics
by Jenkins and White

Electronic Principles
by A. P. Malvino,

Modern Physics
by Arthur Beiser

Solid State Electronics
by S. M. Sze

Introduction to Electrodynamics
by David Griffiths

Introduction to Mechanics
by Kleppner and Kolenkow

Classical Mechanics
by K. Symon
19th July 2018, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do MSc at IIT if I am doing BSc Physics 3rd year

Your not establish 3rd degree BSC physics..What jam entrance pls only engineering student advise upload matter then
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?