17th December 2010, 03:46 PM
ab242767

How to gain full concentration while studying?

i mean to say that when ever i study i m not able to gain full concentration so for that what should i do can u plz help me ?

20th December 2010, 07:07 AM
sdeepika.b

Smile Re: How to gain full concentration while studying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab242767 View Post
i mean to say that when ever i study i m not able to gain full concentration so for that what should i do can u plz help me ?
studying a subject gives knowledge on various aspects. And u should have much of the concentration during study hours.
So, when u do not have interest to study take a break until u should want to read. Again do not wait until your exams.
when a lecturer says in the class listen it carefully and you have perceived 60% of the subject and daily u should have to practise daily what lecturer says. So concentrate only on the concept & do not mug up. and make a small note of what u study. this makes easier during exams
In-order to get concentration u should have to motivate yourself the purpose of studying and the importance of it.
So, practise reading some good novels other than subjects like
YOU can Win -ShivKhera
20th December 2010, 01:55 PM
M M M

Default Re: How to gain full concentration while studying?

Dear Friend ,

First thing you need to know is SILENCE is not the criteria for concentration . Its a fact that you can concentrate on things even is a huge crowd !!!! May be at times silence can act as the greatest problem....

So , while studying , be in a place , position and environment that you feel , you are most comfortable with . Take a look at the matter to study . Form an idea about how much time you need to finish it . Set that time and start studying , it should be such , that the ULTIMATE TARGET for you , atleast till that time is over , is to finish those lessons.... So keep in your mind that you need to finish those lessons within that time and if you are serious about what you are doing , then you will have full concentration....

Try doing this by dividing your lessons and taking breaks in between(not long breaks!!!!)....

ALL THE BEST .

V M M M V
20th December 2010, 01:55 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Some Tips is Provided by Me Thats Helps You to Concentrate In Your Study More. Follow this Instructions Hardly, I am sure that you can acheive your Missing power of Concentration.

1. When you are sitting for start your study, just try to away from your Phone and try to study alone in a particular room.

2. Try to mentain your Study environment only then you will be able to concentrate in your study.

3. Try to read loudly because this help you to read more and more.

4. Try to some Medications and yogas, this will help you lot to concentrate in your study.

5. Plan your goals and Properly mentain your time table and follow it strictly.

And while doing study dont bring anything in your mind other than your study.
20th December 2010, 02:05 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Hello.

The first thing you have to do is try to find out the reason behind your lack of concentration during studying.After that, just try to avoid it. At a time you can't do it,it will take time. What ever you read just try to read with full concentration,think about your studies only. Don't think about other things,it will divert your mind.

Isolate yourself while you are studying and do not let other things which disturbs you. Take small breaks while you are at your studies because, when you study for some time your memory cells gets dis aligned so what ever you study after that it would be without much concentration. So, by taking small breaks in between studying you let your memory cells to align properly which helps you to to grasp things at a faster rate.

All the Best!
20th December 2010, 02:17 PM
nishant1110

A few points to add to Mr Rahul's post

Create an environment that mimics the examination hall. Try to imagine that there are other people around you answering the same questions as yours. Have a friend walk behind you so that you become used to, if a person walks behind you to & fro, and also stops to look at your answerbook. I know it helps.

Take Care
'nishant1110'
20th December 2010, 02:17 PM
nehachopra1301

Dear friend
A concentrated person can understand concepts in short time and remember it till long......so here are a few collection of tips that helped me to excel in studies and hope will help you toooo
1.switch off your mobile phones because messages and calls distract you the most.
2.Drink water after every half an hour........it refreshes you and you again gain energy.....during this tym revise everything you did in the last half hour.
3.plan a schedule daily and be focussed to do it in the defined time period....
4.always remember if u dont feel like studyng relax for an hour but if you are holding your books then be ready to get in their depth.......
20th December 2010, 02:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to first plan your studies. You need to make a list of areas to study. Then the number of days available to finish it. Make a timetable. Also make a provision for revision. Try to stick to it. Keep all the distractions away. You could also try yoga, meditation.
20th December 2010, 02:38 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

gaining of full concentration in study is very much important to do good result in examination.
to gain this concentration you have to do some simple work.like

you have to create your own interest on your subject. don't think that the subject is very hard and you can not study it. always whatever you will study, study with interest.

you may try for some joga to create attention in study.

practice your subject so many time so that it seems very easy to you.

read in a silent circumstances. try to choose a place where is no disturbance for your study and study there.

whatever you will study try to write that on paper it will also increase your concentration and memory power.

i think this few things can help you to concentrate on your study, just try these.

best wishes.
20th December 2010, 04:44 PM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Quote:
1.Just before you sit to study,do 5-10 minutes of meditation.

2.The room in which you study should have proper lighting.

3.While you sit to study forget about the outside world.

4.Study with full dedication.
20th December 2010, 05:27 PM
mishra245

Dear friend keep interest in your study.
You always read those subject in which your interest is taking.
Take rest in study.
Some food is available at your study place.
20th December 2010, 06:41 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

#Very good question you asked, most of them have that problem

-->While doing your studies forget your friends, main reason is that only,Because some have capability of studying at the end of exam, so they me be playful with you and they will pass and get through,then you are the loser

-->always fresh up your mind before studies,when you feel sleepy,then sleep, don't study at that time, that make you boring of that subject what ever time you take that subject

-->Before studying knew the concept,then only you will understand,otherwise you will forget that matter what you study

-->Best time to study Maths is Morning and other subject in the evening,English at the night time

-->If you study for 1 hour also do that correctly, don't get out without finishing that topic,when you came back and see that you will forget

-->Lack of Concentration due to the thinking of your mind other then studies

-->Daily don't try to study the same subject , then you get bored,fix the time and study

-->Don't continuously study,then you mind start to think of others thinks, and then you don't have interest to study for another 2 to 3 days

-->when you study try to take some point, what ever way you like to do , that should be understand by you,when you see the topic on some other day , while seeing that point you won't forget.

Best of luck
20th December 2010, 06:50 PM
sindhusweety

see friend for gaining full concentration in your study please take neceesary steps:
1.everyday get up at 5'oclock and do yoga and meditation.
2.leave about all unrelated things that which let you down like dont watch t.v.
3.understand each and everything that you are studying and dont have blind study
4.attend for every explanation class
5.dont eat foods like junk foods like panipuri,puffs and other chat foods,masala
etc because they they damage our mind.
6.take water as much as you can as it refreshes your mind.

Goodluck.
20th December 2010, 08:27 PM
jitendradagrt

there are lots of things for concentration like:-
-first thing away from your mobile
-make a time table
-silent environment for study
-read,learn and write
20th December 2010, 08:34 PM
Ranu

1> you away from your cell phone when you are studying .
2> try to read loudly ... this increses concentration
20th December 2010, 08:42 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

First thing required is to be strong in heart so that anything cannot desturb it and some more tips which one can follow some of them are

1.)Find a quiet area, such as a private room.
2.)Turn off any electronics that you don't need, especially cell phones, music players
3.)Clear away anything you do not need and keep things organized to reduce stress and allow for better concentration.

these are basic which all need to follow and rest my friends already told you!!
20th December 2010, 10:03 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

i am giving you some tips that will be useful for you to increase your concentration while study:
1.Start morning walk daily.
2.Do yoga and meditation daily.
3.Fix your sstudy room and table.
5.Try to keep your study room neat and clean as well as arranged.
6.while studying, do not shake your body.
I hope these tips would be helpful to you
Thank you
20th December 2010, 10:11 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

i am giving you some tips that will be useful for you to increase your concentration while study:
1.Start morning walk daily.
2.Do yoga and meditation daily.
3.Fix your sstudy room and table.
5.Try to keep your study room neat and clean as well as arranged.
6.while studying, do not shake your body.
I hope these tips would be helpful to you
Thank you
21st December 2010, 02:05 PM
drdo99
Banned

friend
mind is a picture of thoughts like snakes,description of the diagram is shown in yoga.
so concentrate on the diversion of mind through practice,which will gain your concentration.
best of luck
21st December 2010, 02:16 PM
drdo99
Banned

friend
mind is a picture of thoughts like snakes,description of the diagram is shown in yoga.
so concentrate on the diversion of mind through practice,which will gain your concentration.
best of luck
21st December 2010, 09:01 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Following are some of the effective rules to maintain concentration during studies--

1. Try to avoid external disturbing noises, stydy in alone.

2. Drink plenty of water and have some exercise regularly.

3. Take a pen and a notepad and jot out everything wharever is in your mind. Fell free to say everything and don't consider others negative statement.

3. Try to write whatever you learn, revise everything on a regular basis.

4. Practise as much as you can, be calm and don't be panic during exams.

Good Luck
22nd December 2010, 07:38 AM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
Concentration will increase when you increase more sacrifice for your subject , if you don't know anything about your subject you could not concentrate on your subject .Thatwhy knowing more on your subject will be more bene for concentrating on your subject
1st January 2011, 07:21 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to gain full concentration while studying
studying a subject gives knowledge on various aspects. And u should have much of the concentration during study hours.
So, when u do not have interest to study take a break until u should want to read. Again do not wait until your exams.
when a lecturer says in the class listen it carefully and you have perceived 60% of the subject and daily u should have to practise daily what lecturer says. So concentrate only on the concept & do not mug up. and make a small note of what u study. this makes easier during exams

good luck.
6th February 2011, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: How to gain full concentration while studying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehachopra1301 View Post
Dear friend
A concentrated person can understand concepts in short time and remember it till long......so here are a few collection of tips that helped me to excel in studies and hope will help you toooo
1.switch off your mobile phones because messages and calls distract you the most.
2.Drink water after every half an hour........it refreshes you and you again gain energy.....during this tym revise everything you did in the last half hour.
3.plan a schedule daily and be focussed to do it in the defined time period....
4.always remember if u dont feel like studyng relax for an hour but if you are holding your books then be ready to get in their depth.......
if we are studying continuosly mens we got headache know......then how it posssible to continue after some time
8th February 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
dear
jab exams ayenge aap apne aap he padhoge......till that time our mind thinks that v have time n we lack full concentration,in short jab phategi tab studies hogi apne aap
17th February 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

my memorizing power is very bad , what should i do?
19th February 2011, 08:38 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

You can carry on yoga or meditation as this will help you lot to concentrate in your study.when u do not have interest to study take a break until u should want to read.Try to maintain your Study environment only then you will be able to concentrate in your study.Plan your goals and Properly maintain your time table and follow it strictly.

Best of Luck....
20th February 2011, 03:58 PM
danish_khurana

gaining full concentration while studying:

# only think about that what you are doing
# study where there is pin drop silence
# study with fresh mind

GOOD LUCK
21st February 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

how to divert our concentrate from cell while studying??
27th February 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

what do you do to gain distracted if you are highly distracted?
27th February 2011, 11:23 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to divert our concentrate from cell while studying??
hello friend...

Mobile phones is the major problem that is faced by the youth now a days, and am one in it too... the best way to divert your concentrate from mobile phone to studies is to switch off your mobile phone and keep it some where aside in your home in a different room where in you wont be able reach it... It will be hard when you do it for the first day but when you practice it daily while studying then you will use to it.. but my big advice for this issue will be "better disconnect the mobile connection and start concentrating on your studies cause you can have you mobile phone and chat anytime in your life but you will be having only one crucial year to do your exams well" just think about it... and its ultimately your choice of everything in this world......

hope the info. helps...
27th February 2011, 11:33 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hello my dear,

first thing you have to do is try to find out the reason behind your lack of concentration during studying.

when a lecturer says in the class listen it carefully and you have perceived 60% of the subject and daily u should have to practise daily what lecturer says. So concentrate only on the concept & do not mug up. and make a small note of what u study. this makes easier during exams.

Drink plenty of water and have some exercise regularly.

Take a pen and a notepad and jot out everything wharever is in your mind.

good luck^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
28th February 2011, 08:57 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to gain full concentration while studying?

Quote:
I think meditation is very effictive for gaining concentration.
28th February 2011, 10:09 AM
yatsra

friend,
education is the manifestation of perfection already in man.
as i am also a student,what most i can say,crisis makes a work.
so is our study.
28th February 2011, 10:06 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
Well this is really very interesting question and i really enjoyed to provide you some tips to get full concentration while studying.
* Do meditation early in the morning about 10-15 min a day..but try to increase day by day..or you can start meditation any time when you are free.ok
* Study your favorite subject when you can't concentrate anymore.
* Think always positive and be positive
* Make creative activities.
* You can talk to him/herself in front of your mirror.You get some confidence.
* Try to solve mathematically all the problem.

So these are the tips i always used to do for my good concentration.
If you liked all these tips you also do the same.

Good luck!!!!
28th February 2011, 10:21 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: How to gain full concentration while studying?

hi!!!!
If you really want to gain full concerntration than try to have interest in the subject whatever you are to study.you can also do Yoga and Meditation and definetely it works. Specially you can do pradayam to get full concerntration and memory. If not than you can also go for morning walk so that it can get refresh to study.

with best wishes!!!!
28th February 2011, 11:20 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

hi it very good question generally we are in front of the book but we dont actually study it so for full concentration i will give you few suggestions i hope this will help you

1)do yoga regularly it will help you to improve your knowledge
2)when you are remembering something try to write it and memorize it
3)try to do most of your study in the morning
4)and try to avoid music or anything which distracts you

all the best
28th February 2011, 11:35 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Studying only an hour is sufficient if a student is studying their subject
with full concentration. So you can use the below tips to study your
subject in full concentration.

1. Make your environment free from noise. There should be peace every where
while you are studying.

2.Make sure about what to study and don't try to read all the topics in
one go.

3.Its good to study in a separate room where no one disturbs you.

4.Make full attention on your topic and forget what is happening outside.

5.Set a deadline in your topics that you are reading. It is not possible
to complete a chapter in a day.

So you can use the above tips to make full concentration on your study.

GOOD LUCK
28th February 2011, 11:47 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

It is not rocket science.
YOU need to dissociate from things that distract you.

study in an isolated place where there is no outside sound, or visitors

have a separate study room. listen to music to engage yourself with your studies

human mind is a single tasking system, it cant do 2 things well at same time

so if you listen to music while study other thoughts will not come.. in fact once you get in study rythm you will forget even the song that is playing.

In addition practice some yoga, it helps a lot .. me telling from personal experience

also study in night or early morning when distractions are minimum.
28th February 2011, 11:50 PM
anncie10

Hi there,

This is a personal experience of mine. These tips really do work on me.. Try it and do let me know the difference.
  • Start with cleaning your room before you start your study.
  • pray to your almighty GOD, and then try lighting some insence sticks in the room
  • always have a light colored wall color or bedsheets or table cloths
  • Study for half an hour ( do not study within study out loud)
  • Then after 30 mins think recollecting what you have studied, put it on paper
  • Then you can retain what you have learnt.
  • always think that you are here in this world with a purpose.
  • Have an alarm always with you .. Set the time for an hour and keep a target for yourself that you shall finish a portion before the alarm rings.
  • race with time. you ll really get challenged.

All the best.
1st March 2011, 12:04 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

1.well one thing its better if you study alone in room
2.make a proper schedule
3.don't do hard work do work smartly
4.its better if you drink water as much as you can.
5)try to do most of your study in the morning or night .
6) try to avoid music
1st March 2011, 07:52 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to gain full concentration while studying
Following are some of the effective rules to maintain concentration during studies--
1. Try to avoid external disturbing noises, stydy in alone.
2. Drink plenty of water and have some exercise regularly.
3. Take a pen and a notepad and jot out everything wharever is in your mind. Fell free to say everything and don't consider others negative statement.
3. Try to write whatever you learn, revise everything on a regular basis.
4. Practise as much as you can, be calm and don't be panic during exams.
You can carry on yoga or meditation as this will help you lot to concentrate in your study.when u do not have interest to study take a break until u should want to read.Try to maintain your Study environment only then you will be able to concentrate in your study.Plan your goals and Properly maintain your time table and follow it strictly.

good luck
1st March 2011, 09:57 AM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
whenever you study make suear that you can only think about the topics which you study .By doing this you can see that grapping power increases
1st March 2011, 11:37 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Early morning or after mid night you can get full concentration on your studies.

So try ........

Good Luck
1st March 2011, 02:51 PM
anoop89
Member+

yoga and keep your patience at everytime to maintain your victory.
1st March 2011, 03:19 PM
woeser dolma

It is very common that people usually find hard to concentrate while studying..max to max 15 minutes continously and after that we start thinking about every boring topic of our life..but then wat you can do is make your topic more intresting by either group discussion or net searching....
1st March 2011, 05:36 PM
vikas9862638964

for full concentration u will chosse time for study only when u are free. and read only when your heart say that its time for study.and end those works before study which u like most. also if u are intrested in songs then play songs during study so your concentration goes high. if don't like any disturb then choose a non chattering place.
3rd March 2011, 02:55 AM
yogs.singh

tips for concentration

- create interest in the subject

- sit in silence

- sit straight while stuyding

- study in morning time

- avoid thinking about other things

- avoid disturbance

- study your interested subject

- don't fall on bed while studying.
16th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: How to gain full concentration while studying?

Quote:
Hey obviously you cannot study well without concentration.
So a good night rest,a good breakfast,quiet room,no snacks during studying,
no mirror(you tend to look at yourself),no tv,music etc.
It will take time but you will gain full concentration
GOOD LUCK*cheers*!
8th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwynjensen View Post
hello friend...

Mobile phones is the major problem that is faced by the youth now a days, and am one in it too... the best way to divert your concentrate from mobile phone to studies is to switch off your mobile phone and keep it some where aside in your home in a different room where in you wont be able reach it... It will be hard when you do it for the first day but when you practice it daily while studying then you will use to it.. but my big advice for this issue will be "better disconnect the mobile connection and start concentrating on your studies cause you can have you mobile phone and chat anytime in your life but you will be having only one crucial year to do your exams well" just think about it... and its ultimately your choice of everything in this world......

hope the info. helps...
Good ..its true.. I like it soooo much
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?