26th July 2012, 01:21 PM
Barsano

How to get admission in Music after 12th from CBSE?

Dear Sir,
I want to get one blind girl from poor family who just passed her 12th from CBSE 2012 securing 78% marks. Is there any University having study centres in Delhi. This is very urgent. Pls suggest.
Thanks & Regds
Prabhakar

29th February 2016, 11:40 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get admission in Music after 12th from CBSE?

Your concerns are not very clear however, there is every means by which a candidate can get admission to graduation in Music after passing class 12th with CBSE board. Basically, Music can be taken up as a subject of graduation and post graduation to those that have hobby or interest in musical fields.

It is evident that music has huge followers and thus there are many people who wish to take this up as their graduation. Here are the basic eligibility criteria for taking up music subject:

1. The candidate must be a minimum 12th appeared/pass from a renowned university/college with a respectable marks. Some of the colleges may ask for some basic percentage as well, but for others it does not matter much. On an average, 50% should be well enough.

2. Bachelors in Music is basically a 3 years course that deals with all the basics and advanced level technical knowledge of music, types, instruments, history, evolution and more.

3. Every college may not offer same programs which means some may offer diploma in music while others may offer bachelors.

Here are some of the top music colleges in India:

1. Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal
2. University of Delhi
3. KM Music Conservatory
4. Delhi School of Music
5. Adarsh Kala Mandir

Apart from the above 5, there are many more musical colleges across the country but it is always better to study the course from such renowned ones. Also it is said that music is all about practice and the more you do it the better you become.

As you can see, some of the above centers are located in Delhi and all you have to do is visit them and enroll for admissions. The fees would again depend from college to college and generally varies from some 4000-8000 monthly to lacs in yearly. You have to decide the amount that you want to spend in your music graduation and then chose the college accordingly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?