14th July 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in NIFT? Minimum marks required in 12th for admission?

How can we take admission in nift? How can we prepared for entrance exam after 12? Minimum marks in 12 for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Prerequisites for admission in NIFT?
  2. Minimum marks required in 12th to get admission in DU? How to get admission and what is the eligibility criteria?
  3. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam of NIFT? How to take admission in NIFT? How much marks are needed to take admission in NIFT Delhi and NIFT Bangalore
  4. Can I be eligible for M.Ed after completing PG with 53%
  5. How to get admission in NIFT? What qualities are required to get admission?
  6. What is the syllabus of IBPS? How should I prepare for it? Minimum score required in NIFT entrance exam for admission in a good institute
  7. How can a student get admission in esteemed medical colleges after passing 12th? What is its eligibility criteria and fee structure?
  8. Eligibility for admission in NIFT after B.Com and minimum percentage required
  9. Minimum marks required in Maths in 12th for admission in engineering college?
  10. How much minimum percentage of marks is required in 12th for taking admission in law schools?
  11. Can I get admission in St. Xavier's college in B.Com without entrance exam? -- [New]
  12. Minimum marks required in 12th to get ICSI admission?
  13. Admission in government MBBS college with scholarship for a candidate who have secure 315 marks in MH-CET? Minimum marks required in 12th for admission in MBBS?
  14. Minimum marks required to get admission in NITs? How much marks required to get rank under 5000? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which course is best for me to enter into IT field after completing HSc with PCMB?
  16. Minimum Marks required in 12th to get admission in best Law Colleges in India?
  17. Can a student take admission in NIFT Delhi after 12th? What's the syllabus and cut off marks for the same?
  18. How can I take BBA after scoring 45.6%?
30th January 2013, 05:34 PM
gauraansh

Default Re: How to get admission in NIFT? Minimum marks required in 12th for admission?

To get admission in NIFT there is no restriction of marks in 12th.You should be clear pass in 12th and you should clear entrance exam for NIFT.
3rd April 2013, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission in NIFT? Minimum marks required in 12th for admission?

my nift entrance exam is not clear can i still get admission in nift . ?
also . i am planning to give pearl academy entrance exam . how do i prepare? are books, sample papers or previous question paper available ?
which one is the best institute for fashion designing - NIFT, INIFD or PEARL ACADEMY?
more institute or colleges of fd near delhi . ? ?
5th April 2013, 07:39 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can we take admission in nift? How can we prepared for entrance exam after 12? Minimum marks in 12 for admission?
## You can give this exam if you want to do bachelor's program and master's program in fashion. NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. An inclination towards fashion and keeping yourself updated about everything new and fashionable in town, loving to read fashion magazines comes naturally to you then this exam is for you no doubt.

## You need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized institution if you want to do B.Des in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design and Fashion Communication.

## If you have completed a three or four years' diploma degree from a recognized AICTE approved institution or Sate Board of Technical Education then also count yourself in.

## For a bachelor's degree in fashion technology you have to do a bachelor's degree in fashion technology then you need to have physics, chemistry and mathematics at 10+2 level.

## If you go for B.Des then you need to sit for a written examination which is called the General Ability Test (GAT) and there is a creative ability test too. For candidates applying for B.FTech apart from giving the GAT exam you also need to go through the managerial aptitude test.

##In the written examination objective type questions will generally come. It is to remember that the written examination is not the final criteria here. Then there is the group discussion and personal interview session to go through as well.

## Stress on the following sections for GAT Exam:-
  • Quantitative Ability
  • Communication Ability
  • English Comprehension
  • Business Domain Test
  • Analytical Ability

Hope this helps :-> :->
6th April 2013, 03:54 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NIFT is National Institute of Fashion Technology.

National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a fashion institute in India.

NIFT has been granted statutory status under the act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.

The regular, full-time programs at NIFT are run at two levels namely the Graduate level and the Post Graduate level, however, NIFT has also recently launched its PhD program.

At the Masters' level NIFT offers Master of Fashion Management, Master of Design and Master of Fashion Technology.

Admission to the courses is based on certain assessment tests such as General Ability Test(GAT) and Creative Ability Test(CAT) conducted by the institute.

The lists of graduate courses of NIFT:-

* Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design.

* Bachelor of Design in Leather Design.

* Bachelor of Design in Accessory Design.

* Bachelor of Design in Textile Design.

* Bachelor of Design in Knitwear Design.

* Bachelor of Design in Fashion Communication.

* Bachelor of Fashion Technology in Apparel Production.

The lists of post-graduate courses of NIFT:-

* Master of Design (M. Des).

* Master of Fashion Management (MFM).

* Master of Fashion Technology (M. FTech).

The eligibility criteria required for admission procedure in NIFT for undergraduate courses are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th in any track from any accredited board.

* Percentage criteria is not required.

* Age limit:- 18-23 yrs.

* Nationality:- Indian.

The eligibility criteria required for admission procedure in NIFT for post-graduate courses are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognized college or university.

* Completion of diploma degree in Design.

* There is no age bar.

* Nationality:- Indian.

The selection procedure for taking admission in NIFT is mentioned as below:-

* GAT.

* GD(Group Discussion).

* Personnel interview.

8th April 2013, 03:55 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of NIFT is National Institute of Fashion Technology.

The scheme of selection of NIFT is below mentioned:-

# General Ability Test(GAT).

# Group Discussion.

# Interview process.

The educational qualifications regarding with NIFT are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished 12th standard in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# There is no percentage criteria needed for this exam.

The age criteria regarding with NIFT are below mentioned:-

# 18-23 years.

# Citizenship:- Opponents must be Indians.

Thanks.

13th August 2013, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

is it available for bio students too?i want to get admission in fashion desigining in raebareli?what qwalities will be required?
14th August 2013, 12:49 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You will able to take admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology after passing in General Ability Test and Creative Ability Test conducted by the NIFT.For appearing in the above listed entrance exam conducted by NIFT you will required to meet these eligibility conditions :

Academic qualification :-
  • If you are interested to take admission in B.Des(Bachelor degree in Design) then you should be pass out in Inter with any discipline from any recognized board/university.
  • If you interested to take admission in B.Tech(Bachelor degree in Technology) course then you should have Physics and Mathematics in Inter level and should be passed out from a recognized board/university.
Marks required :-
  • Candidates from General/OBC category should have a minimum of 60% marks in Inter course.
  • Candidates from SC/ST category should have a minimum of 50% marks in 50% marks in Inter level.
Age Limit :-
  • Your age should not be above 22 years.
  • In case if you belong from the SC/ST/OBC category then you will get 5 years of age relaxations.
Entrance test will be conducted in two phases.These phases are :-
  1. GAT(General Ability Test).
  2. CAT(Creative Ability Test).
Exam details related to General Ability Test(GAT) :

Maximum duration for this section will be 02 hours.
Total marks for this section will be 200 marks.
Questions will include from 05 sections and these sections are -
  1. Quantitative Ability.
  2. Communication Ability.
  3. English Comprehension.
  4. Analytical Ability.
  5. General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Exam details for Creative Ability Test(CAT) :

Total duration of this section will be 01 hours.
Total marks for this section will be 100.
This section is basically take to judge the candidates ability for the field of design and questions will include from :
  1. Intuition Skill.
  2. Power of Observation.
  3. Innovation in development of a concept.
  4. Design ability of a candidate.
  5. Color and Illustration Skills.
You should focus on these given section to get pass in NIFT Entrance exam.Try to solve the model questions papers of previous years which is available in this site.search for previous year NIFT questions papers.You will get it.However you can use books which is available in the markets also for practice purpose.

7th May 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

doing 12th with private school which is not as good as the central school will create some problem or not ?
1st June 2014, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student but i don't have maths in my subject combination, what should i do?
5th June 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i want to know courses of nift and min marks for joining,,an also want to know what are basic qes in it
16th July 2014, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Hii, sir I have got 50% marks in I.com and I am general cast.......can I get admission in NIFT
18th August 2014, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

hlw sir...
i am commerse studnt i got 85% marks in 12th but i am unable 2 cear the nift exam so but my dream is 2 be a fd soo how can i tack addmtion in it...
5th December 2015, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

How much marks and rank is required for getting admission in NIFT DELHI ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?