29th June 2010, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

How to get good jobs after engineering? Studies that can be taken up after engineering?

Sir,my name is vivek garg .I live in Haryana.I got 81.4% marks in 12th class. Right now i am doing Mechanical engineering from Hindu College of engineering,sonipat(haryana) affiliated from Maharishi Dayanand University ,rohtak.I had given my 2nd semester Exam may ,this year.Now, I would like to know how to get good jobs after engineering , placements and studies after engineering in order to stand before someone. thankyou

22nd June 2011, 12:35 AM
Ramjash
Member+

Default Re: How to get good jobs after engineering? Studies that can be taken up after engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,my name is vivek garg .I live in Haryana.I got 81.4% marks in 12th class. Right now i am doing Mechanical engineering from Hindu College of engineering,sonipat(haryana) affiliated from Maharishi Dayanand University ,rohtak.I had given my 2nd semester Exam may ,this year.Now, I would like to know how to get good jobs after engineering , placements and studies after engineering in order to stand before someone. thankyou
Dear Friend,

First of all please complete your degree with good marks. If you will do so your placement will be sorted out as on campus placement.

If you are not satisfied with the company please try to change it.Thereafter if interested further study such as MTech/MBA may be undertaken.

We wish you all the best for your near future.

Regards,

Ramjash
22nd June 2011, 01:04 AM
kanu saha

Default Re: How to get good jobs after engineering? Studies that can be taken up after engineering?

yes,you will get job in indrustry and you may study M.tech
22nd June 2011, 01:14 AM
goutham63
Junior Member+

you can get placed if you try for any software company if you have minimum basics about any programming language like c.you can try for any core company means your branch side companies.you can also do mtech,mba after your completion of btech
22nd June 2011, 01:27 AM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,

I suggest you to do courses related to your department for gaining extra knowledge and then try to do mini projects at your campus itself by your self....just think and do something new and you can achieve more thing only till you are in campus, each year without wasting your time just work it out and show whom you are to the college and to this world....with that achievements only you can get the jobs outside.moreover try to go for off-campus after you reach 3rd year.

all the best
22nd June 2011, 09:02 AM
kritika@Hans

hello vivek
dear if you score good in your final year, then you will be automatically be recruited from your college itself.....
if you want to study further after b.tech then you may go for MBA which has a bright future now a days.......
by this you will be able to mix your technical skills and business techniques...
all the best
22nd June 2011, 11:17 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Don't worry about the placements from right now. You just need to carry on with your studies well and get strong concepts about your subjects in the mechanical engineering course.

Try to bring good percentage of marks in your exams. Because marks in exams play a great role in placement sessions.

This will do a lot for you to get a good job. And after doing graduation you can take up job or can continue your study by pursuing Master's degree or M.Tech. It totally depends on you what you will prefer after completing your B.Tech/B.E

So at this stage ,you should concentrate in your studies first and then other things will come smoothly.

Best of luck!
22nd June 2011, 12:46 PM
d.manna007

Hello Vivek,

Vivek now you are 2nd year Engineering student in Mechanical engineering from Hindu College of engineering.Yes,after complete your Engineering course you will get good job in Governmental Sector in Rail & other parts.

But,to get this job "built up your knowledge in your field"
in 2nd year you enter your own subject.Now you deeply concentrate your study.

After 3rd year you will attend collage cam-passing and then select for JOB about knowledge.Now you only need hard work...then you will be success in your carrier.

God blase you....
22nd June 2011, 12:50 PM
d.manna007

Smile Re: How to get good jobs after engineering? Studies that can be taken up after engineering?

Hello Vivek,

Vivek now you are 2nd year Engineering student in Mechanical engineering from Hindu College of engineering.Yes,after complete your Engineering course you will get good job in Governmental Sector in Rail & other parts.

But,to get this job "built up your knowledge in your field"
in 2nd year you enter your own subject.Now you deeply concentrate your study.

After 3rd year you will attend collage cam-passing and then select for JOB about knowledge.Now you only need hard work...then you will be success in your carrier.

God blase you....
22nd June 2011, 09:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

We would like to let you know that there will be lots of jobs available for you while the time you pass out from college. To get a good job, try to clear all you papers in the first chance itself. Then it will be good if you set a goal and then work towards it. Try to get to a conclusion if you want to go for higher studies or want to work. If you are opting for higher studies, then prepare a good base in the subjects that you are learning. This will help you a lot. If you are aiming for a job after college, the start preparing for interview tests and also develops your communication skill.
23rd June 2011, 02:58 PM
vijaymohit92
Member+

to get a good job three thinks are primarily required
1. good knowledge
2.confidence& how you are facing the interviews
3 percentage
23rd June 2011, 04:51 PM
spratik08

hi vivek,
it's very nice to choose mechanical engg. as your career option.
answering you,
see friend,
first thing every job is good. to make it better & best, you have to take efforts right from now.
first of all, do concentrate & well your study.go in deep for each chapter.have your own books for study.take notes from them.read reference books, books other than study regarding to subject, refer engg. sites, specialy,
www.nptel.iitm.ac.in ;watch many programmes on natgeo, discovery like BIG, Megafactories,etc.
also make your personality for higher posting jobs by preparing for job interviews, group discussion, personal interviews, apptitude tests, facing campus interviews, etc.
main thing in study is that, make your basic concepts very clear. also do preparation for gate exam which will put you at a height.
& very special,
" SUCCESS ke piche kabhi mat bhago, bhagna hai to KAMYABI ke piche bhago, SUCCESS jhak marke tumhare pichhe aayegi"

best of luck for uour studies !
& very warm wishes to youe bright future & career.
24th June 2011, 02:25 AM
patilmahesh123

Dear Vivek,
to get the good job only engineering degree is not enough, its basic requirement thats all. being a mechanical engineer i would like to share few things to build healthy career . you have to improve your communication skills , technical skills and you have to be well aware about the the present market condition. colleges are not fulfilling the corporate requirements in terms of technical skills. so we have to prepare our self as per the company demand.
just undergo the following software tools training.
like, CATIA. ANSYS, HYPERMESH,UNIGRAPHICS etc
24th June 2011, 02:47 AM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,
Nothing to worry about this problem.i ll help you don't worry.

just go through
Quantitative aptitude book(R.S.agarwal )[COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]
verbal and non verbal reasoning(R.S.agarwal)
objective general English(s.chand)

just download and go through TCS,CTS, INFOSYS,IBM, question papers and work it out and practice it.

keep your English language in proper fluency,body language is must,presence of mind and Answering technique is must.

more than these all you should be good in technical skills...technical skill is nothing but your subject knowledge.

just go through all the papers that you have been studied from the 1st sem to final sem, including programming languages.

specifically you should be thorough in c and c++...

since these are the basics where all companies interviewer you to ask the candidate regularly and also these are the syllabus you used to follow to get place in good company

all the best
24th June 2011, 11:26 AM
sandeeptyagi100
Member+

hello dear
you can aply for indian navy for lateral entry and got good jobs
2 . you can get good jobs in railway
3. and you can do gate exam and do your mtec and got very good jobs

best of luck
24th June 2011, 11:39 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: How to get good jobs after engineering? Studies that can be taken up after engineering?

You Attend the Inplat Training in sester holidays conducted in many

companies such as,NTTF, ICF in chennai, MRF, TVS etc. you apply Through

online or by post. Also Llearn some design software courses like AutoCAD,

Pro-E, Ansys,Cation,Catia etc,in Summer holidays Which is helpful at the time

of Placement.
24th June 2011, 12:34 PM
amit gaur2065

Dear, have a good morning,If you want to continue your study, then you
should do M.Tech,
If you want to join a job, then there are so many opportunity which can you join easily,
these are-;
NTPC
BHEl
INDIAN RAILWAY, in these companies you can applied easily but your overall percentage should be above 65%.but now you would concentrate your study,
best of luck
24th June 2011, 07:05 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to get good jobs after engineering? Studies that can be taken up after engineering?

Quote:
I would like to know how to get good jobs after engineering , placements and studies after engineering in order to stand before someone. thank you
If your College is Providing Placements then No need to worry about anything. Just maintain your Aggregate i.e First Class to Make your Self eligible for ample of Companies.

But if your College is Lacking behind this then You have to Work Hard in terms to get Job from others, you have to apply WALKINS and have upload your Resume in leading Job portals like www.monsters.com, www.shine.com, and www.naukri.com etc

You have be sharp in order to give these Interview then only you will get success in it. Leaving behind Resume and Jobs, if you opt for Higher studies.

Then Lot of options are there like Prepare for CAT i.e Common aptitude test , if you manage to clear (can be done after lot of dedication and preparations ) then Different IIM's will call you up ,to get admission into their College. So you can pursue MBA as in Higher studies. Which is very Demanding in Nature these days.

i don't find any other Higher studies suitable for you , if you are interested in research and Extended version of Mechanical Engineering then can go for M.Tech . For this you have to write GATE Exam which is Conducted by IITs every year.

Good Luck.
24th June 2011, 07:24 PM
sourindra

If you maintain your good marks in your engineering course then you will definitely get a job from your college placement. You can also submit your resume in various job searching websites like www.shine.com, www.naukri.com etc.
24th June 2011, 07:49 PM
sreeju p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Contact with your placement and training cell officer and tell him to invite good companies to your college and make good contact with all companies. And
take part in off-campus placement programmes.
higher studies, you can go for M-Tech. for that you must write GATE and try to get good score so that you may get admission in IIT's or NIT's. from there you will get good placements.
24th June 2011, 09:47 PM
student-oo7

in these days every college is having campus placements, or many college near u will be having off campus placement, so all u have to do is => to do best of wat u can do to have a good CGPA. for that u should have some of following qualities besides CGPA
1)good english
2)good comunication skil
3)good GD(GRROP DISCUSSION) skill, for that read articles, newspaper for geting a broad
view over topic
4)good aptitude and mental ablity , for this the sites lyk www.indiastudychannel.com/exams/ExamPaper72473.aspx, www.indiabix.com/online-test/logical-reasoning-test, can help, there r many books also avilable.

if u done all this i can asure u of job.

and mechinical branch has a good scope of jobs in government also, and in news paper lyk rojgar sandesh u can know abt it. more over site like www.naukri.com, jobs.oneindia.in , www.jobsitesindia.com , freshersworld.com, and many more, no limits if u have ablity.

more over u can prepare for ias, this exam has 3 engineering courses in its main subjects,
electrical, mechanical, and civil.
so u have good option here also.
if u wan to go for furthere studies in this field only (m.tech) then prepare for GATE.
if u get through with good rank then u have a good option of doing m.tech from iit.

last option i know is , MBA if u want to do.
for this best exam is CAT. which will make u to iim.
24th June 2011, 10:29 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi,
to get good job you have to get good percentege
in +2 & in your semester of eng.
for higher studies you can go for mba.

you find job from below website

http://www.monster.com

best of luck
24th June 2011, 11:21 PM
nikdep

I suggest you to continue your studies further after engineering. There is no much value for engineering now a days as every alternate student is doing engineering... But if you seriously want a job you have to work very had to get a nice job. All the best
25th June 2011, 12:50 PM
student-oo7

study harder , u wil definetly get a job
2nd July 2011, 01:26 PM
sachin6

After engineering you go with two ways. They are higher studies and jobs. It is purely your choice. Your financial condition is good means you go for higher studies otherwise you go to job
23rd July 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
My name is Brian Karien, and I am doing my first year in mathematics and computer science at Divine Word University here in Papua New Guinea.
Could you please tell me which counties will be the best country for me to go and do further studies after completing my Bachelor program.
5th August 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have seen how u sorted out all problems sir ma problem is quite uniqe and somewt problematic... sir actually am just average student but i think knowledge and eyeq matters more so gaining dt things i was selected in b.e nd now sir the problem is ma 12th percentage is not 60 itz just 58,,,sir i wnna do i.a.s and k.a.s but now am confused if i go for dis field since am fresher in order to get private job i shld have experience nd i shld search just after completion of b.e but for i.a.s i have to struggle fully 8 months
so i wnna ur help plz suggest wether i shld go for i.a.s preperation or to search private job becz after 1 year it will be tough for me to get job widout experience and sir plz suggest widout 60 percentage how would i get private job also....thnkz
5th December 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

which college is suitable for doing MBA in tamilnadu
2nd January 2012, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I'm in the final year of B-tech with an aggregate of 72. I want to do structural engineering in abroad..Can you please tell which universities are good and how to approach.
31st August 2012, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

sir
I m in final year of b-tech mechanical from mdu. I have done catia & solid works also side by side from the local coaching centre. My query is that is this helpful for me in my future jobs placement in the line of designing??
31st August 2012, 11:17 PM
itsme.abhishek2012

Hi dear,
Nothing to worry about this problem.i ll help you don't worry.

just go through
Quantitative aptitude book(R.S.agarwal )
verbal and non verbal reasoning(R.S.agarwal)
objective general English(s.chand)

just download and go through TCS,CTS, INFOSYS,IBM, question papers and work it out and practice it.

keep your English language in proper fluency,body language is must,presence of mind and Answering technique is must.

more than these all you should be good in technical skills...technical skill is nothing but your subject knowledge.

just go through all the papers that you have been studied from the 1st sem to final sem, including programming languages.

specifically you should be thorough in c and c++...

since these are the basics where all companies interviewer you to ask the candidate regularly and also these are the syllabus you used to follow to get place in good company

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?