8th June 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

How to get IAS exam application form? Syllabus of the exam and date of notification?

I wan't to be a IAS officer,but i didn't gating guidance about how to get examination form,syllabus,noticification? So please help me about this querries.

8th June 2011, 02:58 PM
amit gaur054

Default Re: How to get IAS exam application form? Syllabus of the exam and date of notification?

My dear friend......
you can get application form for IAS from the main post office,
the Syllabus OF IAS consist general knowledge, awareness, English comprehension, aptitude etc. thhe date of this exam is on 12 june.
best of luck
8th June 2011, 03:00 PM
amit gaur054

Default Re: How to get IAS exam application form? Syllabus of the exam and date of notification?

My dear friend......
you can get application form for IAS from the main post office,
the Syllabus OF IAS consist general knowledge, awareness, English comprehension, aptitude etc. thhe date of this exam is on 12 june.
best of luck
8th June 2011, 04:27 PM
frooty.scooty

These IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC.

For upsc official websites you can download the form.

Paper-I
One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-II
English (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-III Essay
Papers IV & V
General Studies (300 Marks for each paper)

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX

Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)

For full details visit the following link.

http://www.onestopias.com/exam-pattern.asp
8th June 2011, 07:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wan't to be a IAS officer,but i didn't gating guidance about how to get examination form,syllabus,noticification? So please help me about this querries.
Nice to see that, You are Intrested to become IAS Officer.

So, please dont worry, I have provide you the Full Information about IAS examination. Firstly I have to Inform you that, The IAS examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year And the examination called Civil services examination.

The Notification of Civil services examination was published in the month of februray every year in the employment Newspaper OR in the Official website Of UPSC. This examination are held in two Stages, Preliminery examination and Main examination.

Firstly, You have to apply for Preliminery examination and this examination was held in June Every Year and After Clear the preliminery examination, you are eligible for Main examination and Main examination are generally held in the month of October.

The application form of Civil services examination are easily availiable in the various post Offices in India OR you can also Apply for this examination Online, By visit the Official website Of UPSC. To apply for This examination, you need to hold a Bachelor degree from a recognised University and your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The general Candidates will gets only 4 chances to appear for This exams.
The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type in this examination.

And the Upper Age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates. And if you are interested to prepare for this examination, then please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus. I will provide you the syllabus of Civil services examination, So please check the given syllabus -

Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II.

(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration- 2 Hours -
  • Current events of national and international importance
  • History of India and Indian national movement
  • Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
  • Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
  • Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
  • General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization
  • General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration - 2 hours -
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
  • Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
And for Complete information, Please visit the official website of UPSC.
8th June 2011, 07:41 PM
kalpana.inturi

To get the IAS application forms you have to contact the coaching centers providing for IAS,civils like raos and brain tree institutes.

coming about the syllabus there are so many books that are released in the market about ias exam and its syllabus will also be mentioned.

Now a days the syllabus is changed because of the competion in the market.so you have to focus mainly on current affairs and the new events made.
coming to the syllabus to know you can get through upsc website.

You can contact the recent persons who got toppers in civils through phone numbers from raos and braintree institute and you can get the details of the syllabus easily.

coming to the notification you can read the news paper employment news paper.in this for every year 2 times the notification will be given.

yours sincierly,
kalpana.
8th June 2011, 09:30 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
you go for IAS exam.very top exam for this well preparation required..

you find this form in website but this year already over
your chance is for next year..

criteria is:--

graduation, age- 21 to 30

http://www.upsc.gov.in

you can find application form in this website any doubt you see his site..........

GOOD LUCK..........
9th August 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i will preparing civils so please tell me what are the instructions
7th September 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am doing B.Sc(Chemistry). But I am not so intelligent in Science.So, which subject will be better for me to face the Civil Service Exam.
21st November 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

sir can we write the papaer in any of the local languge and are the papers are of objective type for ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?