26th June 2013, 09:16 AM
prashant.zalariya.3

How to get a job in Indian Railways Class I officer?

Respected Sir,
My brother has passed BCA last month.
Can he get jobs in Indian Railway class I officer?
What steps we should follow for that?
Please guide us for that.

30th November 2015, 11:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in Indian Railways Class I officer?

For becoming Class I officer in the Indian Railways one has to clear IES examination.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and the same examination is held by UPSC once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview.

--> Also for appearing in the same examination one must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying must lying within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor of technology / engineering degree with anyone of EEE, ECE, Mechanical Engi. , Civil Engi., Computer Science Engi trades from a recognized university.

So it is quite evident from the educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination that your brother is not eligible for becoming officer in the Indian Railways having BCA degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?