20th February 2012, 11:28 PM
ialtaf

How to join Indian Army as a doctor? Procedure for it?

as a doctor i want to join indian army What is the procedure I am close to completion of my PG course in anesthesia

21st February 2012, 02:00 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as a doctor? Procedure for it?

Dear students all of you have aspirations and dreams, of what your education will finally yield. If you are looking for a fat pay packet, a corporate job is the answer. But above and beyond this should be the question of what the job offer in totality. Let us see what attributes go into making an excellent career. The attributes that one expects from a satisfying profession are:-

(a) Professional Advancement

(b) Job Satisfaction

(c) Job Security

(d) Economic Stability

(e) Social Status

(f) Quality of Life

(g) Variety and Adventure

If these are what you too are looking forward to, then Army is the profession for you, as these in the Army, compare far more than favourably with any other service.

All of us are aware that, professions are competitive, in so far as promotions are concerned. Army is no different. However, as said earlier the competition in the Army is clean and devoid of any other factor but competence.

Professional Advancement

The promotional avenues available to an Army officer are:-

By Time Scale

1. Captain

2. Major

3. Lieutenant Colonel

By Selection

1. Colonel

2 Brigadier

3 Major General

4 Lieutenant General

5 General

JOB SATISFACTION

Lack of job satisfaction leads to tremendous frustration and results in job-hopping. Jobs in the civil world whether with the government or the corporate leave one with no alternate avenues if stuck with a frustrating portfolio or set up. On the contrary, the sheer variety, sense of purpose, responsibility and pride, negate any job dissatisfaction in the Army.

JOB SECURITY

For an effective career, a long-term strategy is essential and this is possible only if continuity and job security is assured. The Army has been structured to ensure that its personnel work with unhindered dignity. Additionally, statutory rules and regulations exist to safeguard the interests of the servicemen adequately both while in service and after retirement.

FOREIGN COURSES AND POSTINGS.

The service also offers opportunity for courses and postings abroad. The India Army is renowned all over the world and interaction with foreign armies is extensive. Service with UN Forces provides exposure and travel opportunities across the globe.

ECONOMIC STABILITY

Consequent to the Sixth Pay Commission salaries have shot up. While the pay and the allowances of an Army officer may superficially appear to be at par with other Central government services, and may be less than that offered by the corporate sector, the quality of life and non-inflationary nature of the perks, which the Army offers outshine the other services. Government job entitles you to many hidden perks, which you may NOT quantify while calculating remuneration. Apparently, there are about 61 types of facilities, benefits and allowances that are applicable to Army in general. In fact if one were to work out the remuneration of a service officer vis a vis a comparable job in the private sector, on the basis of ‘cost to company’ you would be astounded to find the returns of an Army man to be more if not the same. Some of these perks which are not quantified in terms of cash and are immune to inflation are as follows in case of a Lieutenant, which is the starting rank.
21st February 2012, 03:29 AM
er.skp.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialtaf View Post
as a doctor i want to join indian army What is the procedure I am close to completion of my PG course in anesthesia
check whether your collage participate in UES (university entrance scheme) for selection in armed forces defense people conduct campus interviews and select eligible candidates and call letter (to attend SSB/SSC) is posted to the address mentioned in application form, or if you have passed out from collage then you can apply for SSB/SSC (service selection board/service selection commission) examination, if you clear the exam then you will get call letter
usually the selection procedure takes for 8 to 15 days, this includes medical check up, aptitude test, GTO etc, if u clear this the all India merit list is announced
21st February 2012, 11:32 AM
satyenhacks

You can Join the Indian Army as a Doctor by Two ways:

1. SSC - Short Service Commission
2. AFMC Cadet Entry

AFMS cadet entry, candidates must have a 10+2 with PCB with not less than 60% of marks. In SSC the applicant can be up to the age of 45 years and must acquire a medical certificate from a recognized university by the Medical council of India.

Getting Admission to MBBS in the AFMC is the best way to enter as a Doctor. However, you need to look for advertisements for vacant seats in Newspapers. Two things are necesary: Medical Qualification and Permanent Registration from Medical Council of India.
10th March 2012, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

what is the elegvilty in mbbs, suplimentry or number of atempt to pass in mbbs, or relif for sc or st condidate....
17th May 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

i would like to know more about short service commission. eligibility after acquiring mbbs degree and how to apply for job?
19th June 2012, 06:09 PM
drlokeshjagwani

Post Re: How to join Indian Army as a doctor? Procedure for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyenhacks View Post
You can Join the Indian Army as a Doctor by Two ways:

1. SSC - Short Service Commission
2. AFMC Cadet Entry

AFMS cadet entry, candidates must have a 10+2 with PCB with not less than 60% of marks. In SSC the applicant can be up to the age of 45 years and must acquire a medical certificate from a recognized university by the Medical council of India.

Getting Admission to MBBS in the AFMC is the best way to enter as a Doctor. However, you need to look for advertisements for vacant seats in Newspapers. Two things are necesary: Medical Qualification and Permanent Registration from Medical Council of India.
i am a B.D.S.,and whats the procedure to get job in army as a doctor?
26th July 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Im a 12 student.
I hav my PCB total above 60%.
I want to serve my nation as an Indian Army Doctor.
I cant apply for AFMC because i had to appear for compartmental exam for Physics so im ruled out from the eligibilty.
Can any1 tell me how to apply for a post i aspire for.
Or should i apply for NDA next year after completing my MBBS?
Im 19 as on 26th July 2012.
Help Me.
Jai Hind.
8th August 2012, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

can i work in army only with mbbs graduate and can i do the further studies in army?
22nd September 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

I am an mbbs intern.i want to join army.do they take civilians in afmc in pg.what r the other route
12th January 2013, 04:34 PM
Dr ishrat

What will b the Date of fresh recruitments for doctors
15th March 2013, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12 th student
with PCBM in 12th std,
I want to serve for my nation by Join as army doctor.
what is the procedure for it?????
I know that , joining AFMC as MBBS STUDENT .
any other ways is there.......
please reply your valuble information.
Thanking you.
15th March 2013, 07:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

The best way to become doctor in Army is to compete the AFMC entrance examinations after that pursue you bachelor's degree in medicine and science from it .

Then you will eligible to give your services in Army as a doctor.

AFMC stands for the Armed Force medical colleges.The eligibility criteria or you can say that procedure for getting admission in this colleges is below:

Academic qualifications:

>>You should have taken mathematics in class 10th .You must have passed the 10+2 with english ,biology ,physics ,chemistry as compulsory subjects.

>>The minimum % of marks in science subjects in class 10+2 should be 60 % and in english it should be 50%.

Age criteria:

For AFMC 2013 ,you must be 17 by the end of december and must not be younger than 22 years so as to eligible for the examinations.

Candidates with educational qualifications B.sc must be below 24 years appearing for the AFMC 2013.

AFMC exam pattern is as below:

The subjects and marks distribution are as below:

Biology{zoology and botany) :50 marks

Physics: 50 marks

Chemistry: 50 marks

English language and comprehension:25

Reasoning and intelligence:25 marks.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query then leave your message here.All the best

aashisranjan784
15th March 2013, 11:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can become Doctor in Indian Army through two ways:

-By Studying at AFMC ,Pune

-Through Short Services Commission if you are MBBS

If you want to take admission in AFMC then you have to apply for AFMC entrance examination after 10+2 with Physics , chemistry and biology.

The rank in the entrance will determine whether you will be called for SSB or not.

If you pass SSB and you have good rank then you will get admission in AFMC. After completion for MBBS from AFMC you can serve in Indian Army for a period according to the agreement.

AMC (Army Medical Corps) invites application for Short Service Commission every year for MBBS doctors.

You can apply for it when the notification are out if you have the required qualification.

You must have required medical fitness if you have to serve Indian Army as a doctor.

The selection will be based on the Written examination and Interview followed by a medical fitness test.

So be prepared for it if you want to join Indian Army as doctor.

For more information visit http://www.indianarmy.nic.in
7th June 2013, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

my eye power is -6D (spherical lenses) have completed MD in general medicine, am i eligible
2nd September 2013, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 65.6 % in my 2 with subjects PCMB. I am studying 3 as physical science student but i have decided to drop one year. What should i do now to join army as an army doctor? Which entrance i should appear for OJEE or JEE or AMFC or Any other entrance? I don't have any idea about it. Please suggest me as i want to join army but i also want to be a doctor and continue my career as a doctor.
6th December 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

gud eveng to my army frnds as i'm in 12 i have a keen interest as a doctor in army i w'll do it 1 day thanq guys pray fr me god is great not greater u guys jaihind bharath matha ke jai$
31st January 2014, 05:19 AM
Unregistered

IS THE FOREIGN GRADUATION IS APPLICABLE FOR AFMC TO APPLY JOB AS A DOCTOR ?
5th February 2014, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have just completed my MBBS I have backlogs in 4 subjects am I eligible for the application
30th August 2014, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

sir i have just completed my mbbs...sir i have one year gap in between 2nd year to 3rd year....but i have pased my final year in 2nd attempt....i am eligible for tha application??
6th April 2015, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 9th .I am so interested in joining army as a doctor after 2 .what should I do?
20th September 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in class 9 l want to join Indian army as doctor . what should l do?
7th May 2016, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MD anaesthesia this year.what is the procedure to enrole in army navy or airforce.i wanna know would I get job related to my course or I will be posted Some where else.i would love to work in border lines helping our soldiers.i don't wanna go behind money like others I want to do something for my country so please guide me. Pls contact me in [email protected]
waiting for a reply thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?