10th February 2017, 09:54 AM

How to join Indian Army as an Officer after 12th? Will I have to do graduation for it?

Hello sir, I am 12th with Science holder and want to join Indian Army as a Officer. Please tell me how can I join as an Officer? Will I have to do graduation for it?

12th February 2017, 05:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Army as an Officer after 12th? Will I have to do graduation for it?

Being a Class 12th passed candidate and looking to be an officer in Indian Army you will have to join NDA.

* NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same you will need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as below :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male applicant.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board.

iv) You must satisfy the physical standards as per the service requirement norms.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate with Science stream you can also join other two wings of Indian defense sector which are Indian Navy and Indian Air force through NDA.

For more updates and detailed information about NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?