30th June 2013, 02:00 PM

How to join MPH or MBA in hospital management? I am a Physiotherapist

i m a physiotherapist. i have done bpt. now i want to join mph or mba in hospital managmnet. so plz suggest me which one is the best. according to placment

13th July 2017, 10:37 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join MPH or MBA in hospital management? I am a Physiotherapist

MPH (Master's of Public Health) and MHA (Master's of Hospital Administration) are very similar courses and focus on healthcare, but they have some important differences. So, It's important to understand the differences before applying for any course. Both are the good courses for career, but you should select the course which is best suited to your skills and interest.

Eligibility
- For MBA, You must have passed bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
- For MPH, Some of Institutes demand the MBBS or BDS at bachelor's level.
- You are required to appear & qualify the entrance exam for admission to any course.

MPH (Master's of Public Health Management)
MPH provides training in public health and focuses on health and disease within populations. MPH is concerned with discovering, describing and responding to pattern of disease.

Employment Areas
- Public Health Departments
- Mental Health Organizations
- Hospitals
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Social Welfare Organizations
- Laboratories
- NGOs
- Research Firms
- Consulting Firms

Master's of Hospital Administration
As compared to MPH, Hospital Administration course focuses less on disease and more on delivery of health services. It is concerned with finance, accounting, marketing and services of hospital.

Employment Areas
- Clinics
- Hospitals
- Nursing Homes
- Hospital Supply Firms
- Healthcare Services
- Educational Departments
31st August 2020, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join MPH or MBA in hospital management? I am a Physiotherapist

Colleges offering courses in hospital management in Mumbai ?
24th March 2023, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm a physiotherapist who wants to do post graduation. Which one is better for me? MPH or masters in healthcare management. And are there any fully funded scholarships globally for them?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?