7th December 2019, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

How to join NIT through lateral entry scheme and is there entrance requirement?

I have completed Diploma in Civil Engineering from Government Polytechnic College, Trichy. I want to do do B.E from NIT. Is it possible? Can I get direct 2nd year admission? What is the cut-off and entrance exam requirements to join NIT? And, what is the standard procedure to take admission in NIT?

9th December 2019, 01:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join NIT through lateral entry scheme and is there entrance requirement?

There is no lateral entry scheme in the NIT.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the B.Tech or B.E course on the basis of diploma course.

So, if you want to get admission in the B.Tech course in the NIT, you have to appear and qualify in JEE Main. The admission will be in the 1st year of the course.
9th December 2019, 10:29 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join NIT through lateral entry scheme and is there entrance requirement?

There is no provision of lateral entry admission in NITSafter diploma.

You will have to appear in JEE Mains to get admission in NIT which is conducted on the basis of 12th (PCM).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?