25th September 2019, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

What to study after 12th Science to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

My name is Pratik Chandrakant Thorat and I am from Mumbai in India. I want to become Loco Pilot in Indian Railways. In year 2020 I will pass 12th exam from Science stream. So tell me after 12th Std what I can do to become Loco Pilot?

9th December 2019, 11:27 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to study after 12th Science to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways?

To become an Assistant Loco Pilot, you should study further to diploma engineering in mechanical/electrical/electronics/automobile discipline. In railway, Recruitment of assistant loco pilot is done through various RRB.

Assistant Loco Pilot Eligibility

Educational Qualification
You must have passed matriculation with apprenticeship ITI approved by NCVT or SCVT in respective trade.
OR
You must have passed diploma engineering in electrical/electronics/mechanical/automobile discipline from a recognized university.

Age Limit : 18 to 28 years. Upper age relaxation applicable as per government norms.

Selection Stages
Selection will be done on the basis of CBT 1, CBT 2, CBAT (Computer Based Aptitude Test) and Documents Verification. Applicants who qualified both rounds CBT 1 and CBT 2 will be called for CBAT and shortlisted applicants will be called for Documents Verification.

CBT 1 (Computer Based Test 1)
- Number of Questions : 75
- Duration : 60 Minutes

CBT 2 (Computer Based Test 2)
- Part A : 100 Questions, 90 Minutes
- Part B : 75 Questions, 60 Minutes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?