29th April 2015, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

How many seats are available in NITs?

How many seats are there in NIts. One can get the seat in this institution one who has secured 96 marks in JEE main examination?. Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? I just wanted to know if I would be eligible to get the seat or not?

Thanks!

1st May 2015, 06:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many seats are available in NITs?

The total number of seats available in 30 NITs of India are 15458 . Previously seats were available for various undergraduate courses but in recent years, the govt. has added some new NIT’s resulting an increment in the number of available seats.

Student who wishes to get admission in IITs or NITs will have to clear JEE Main & JEE Advanced exams.

The candidate who clears JEE Main exam means that he/she is in the list of top 15,000 students and can sit in the JEE advanced exam.

A candidate needs to rank under 15,458 in JEE Advanced exams so as to get admission into any NITs or better colleges.
4th April 2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

How much minimum score is require both in JEE ( Main) and HS ( 2) exam for admission in any college of NIT in B Arch course
10th June 2019, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam i got 1370 rank in jee main paper 2 in St category can i get in in nit Or iiit.
12th June 2019, 07:49 PM
palabhishek1499

About 19000 seats are there reserved for undergraduate courses in 31 NITs and apart from this 8050 seats are reserved for the postgraduate courses.
Highest number of seats are in NITs Raipur.
12th June 2019, 09:17 PM
palabhishek1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many seats are there in NIts. One can get the seat in this institution one who has secured 96 marks in JEE main examination?. Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? I just wanted to know if I would be eligible to get the seat or not?

Thanks!
Total number of seats in NITs for undergraduate courses is 19000 and for postgraduate courses is 9000 in 31 NITs.
Admission in NITs is based on the counselling which is conducted by the JOSSA every year and also on the basis of JEE mains ranks.
NITs counselling has not been released yet.
But to check previous year cutoff and to apply for the counselling, one should go through the given link:
https://josaa.nic.in/webinfocms/Public/home.aspx
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?