12th October 2019, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

How many years does it takes to become an Airplane Pilot after 12th?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams and now I want to a course in Airplane Pilot. So, which course exactly do I need to study for Airplane Pilot? How many years will it take to complete that course if I start just after 12th?

27th April 2020, 07:42 PM
huzaifaantuley

Default Re: How many years does it takes to become an Airplane Pilot after 12th?

For pursuing Pilot Course you need to clear 12th Std with minimum 50% marks in PCM. The age should be minimum 17 years. You should clear Class II medical examination approved by DGCA approved Doctor. If you meet the above requirements then you can proceed further.

After 12th you need to join a Flying School where you will complete your CPL (Commercial Pilot Training) course. It takes about 18-24 months in which you need to complete minimum 200 Flying hours.

After getting your CPL you need to go for Type Rating. In Type Rating you are certified to fly certain type of aircraft in your Pilot Career. It takes about 1 month or less for completing the Type rating depending upon your performance

The combined cost of CPL and Type Rating can vary from 50 Lakhs up to 1 Crore depending upon the institute you join
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?