26th April 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

How may I become an astronomer? I have completed my SSC exam

i completed my ssc exams my aim was to became an astronomer so please for that what will do?
please reply soon..

4th February 2013, 10:51 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How may I become an astronomer? I have completed my SSC exam

hi,

Astronomy is a very exciting and challenging subject which involves many of the other sciences such as physics, mathematics, chemistry and geology, and, more recently, even paleontology and biology.

Most universities can give you a good grounding in science, but it does help to attend a university that has an astronomy department or that can provide some astronomy courses taught by astronomers, usually as part of an undergraduate BSc teaching programme. This becomes more important in the honours year of a degree course, or a masters degree, when staff in an astronomy or mathematics department can supervise a research project that can count for a large fraction of the marks for the course. Another advantage is that your ability and interests will be known to the astronomers at your university, who will support you when you apply to commence the next stage of your career as a postgraduate student undertaking an MSc or PhD degree.

you have consist;-

Computer skills:

Scientific Writing

Public Speaking

thank you.................................
9th June 2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How may I become an astronomer? I have completed my SSC exam

sir,this is deepika .m y aim is to be become an astronomer? can you furnish me the details how to be become an astronomer after completing 12th with m.p.c?
please sir plz.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?