4th June 2012, 08:18 PM
shambhavi saxena

How much preparation is needed to qualify for Bank PO or RBI exam?

i am ca inter and b.com graduate.how much preparation do i require for qualifying bank po or rbi xams?

5th June 2012, 06:57 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much preparation is needed to qualify for Bank PO or RBI exam?

Bank PO jobs are in hot demand these days. The number of candidates who are applying for Bank jobs are going on increasing.

The reason for this is the rapid development of Banking sector and the salaries and other benefits that are being offered by Banking sector to the candidates who are joining as Probationary Officers.

The selection procedure for these positions is by
-Written Exam
-Interview

The written Exam consists of questions from the following categories
-Reasoning
-Numerical Ability
-General Awareness with special reference to banking sector
-General English
-Computer and Marketing knowledge

In addition, one should also appear for Descriptive test.

One should have to score minimum qualifying marks in each of the categories of the written exam to get qualified in the written exam.

As per required eligibility criteria,
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream to apply for this exam.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this Exam.
-For the candidates of OBC category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years and it is for 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Yes. You need to have high level preparation for this exam.

Because, the particular will invite the candidates in the ration of 1:4 in the sense if there are only 1000 positions for which the particular bank has made announcement, it will invite only 4000 candidates (on the basis of merit) to the Interview.

In order to be there in that 4000 list, you should score minimum of 80% of marks in the written Exam.

Keep this in mind and make your preparation for this exam accordingly.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information regarding various bank exams, I suggest you to visit
http://www.bankexamsindia.com/
20th February 2013, 02:28 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

RBI Grade exam for Grade A/B officers is paper based test consist of 2 phases. The phase I is the objective type test and phase II is the descriptive type test. Those candidates who have cleared the Phase I paper are eligible to sit for the Phase II Paper.

Eligibility Criteria of RBI Exam:

The age limit for being selected as Officer in RBI is between 21 years and 30 years as on 1 August 2011.

The educational qualification required for this post is as follows.
A First Class Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade OR
A Second Class Master's Degree with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade OR

A Doctorate Degree with 50% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent grade OR
Chartered/ Cost Accountant/ Company Secretary (ACS) with a Bachelor's DegreeOR

A Post Graduate Diploma in Management/ MBA qualification from institutions recognized by Government of India/ University Grants Commission, with Graduation/ Bachelor's Degree.

SC/ ST/ PWD candidates having second class with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in Bachelor's Degree examination OR having a Post-graduate Degree or equivalent recognized qualification, are eligible to apply.

The Examination will consist of three Descriptive Type papers-
(i) Paper I - English
(ii) Paper II - Economic and Social Issues and
(iii) Paper III - Finance and Management

Candidates belonging to Unreserved Category, who had already appeared four times for written exam for this post in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction to candidates belonging to SC\ST\OBC\PWD, if the posts are reserved for them.

Thanks..
24th February 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

i m doing m.sc.and i m really interested in giving rbi grade b officers exam.but some people said that persons who ve done finance related study in their ug or pg are fit for banking jobs.please give me some suggestions that what should i do ?
7th March 2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Which books i read for success in the post of manager in rbi bank? please tell me
29th May 2013, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

is rbi assistant equivalent to bank po post? plz tell me
17th June 2014, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir is that important to join the coaching for qualified the bank exams or go for self study which is betters to qualified the exams pls tell me.....sir
11th September 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Rbi assistnat last 10 yeras question papers of all sections needed . Pls provide me d link for downloading it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?