12th May 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for CDS after getting selected in NDA with 12th?

Sir, suppose I got selected in N.D.A with 10+2 and now I have to prepare for C.D.S which needs graduation so how can I do with my graduation?did the provide us facility for graduation?

12th June 2012, 12:57 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for CDS after getting selected in NDA with 12th?

If you have been selected to the NDA you don't need to join for another graduation course. The course offered by NDA is equivalent to graduation. It is affiliated to JNU, Delhi. You will have the option to select for the humanities or science stream. You should choose the science stream if you plan to join Navy or Air Force.
15th June 2012, 11:08 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for CDS after getting selected in NDA with 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, suppose I got selected in N.D.A with 10+2 and now I have to prepare for C.D.S which needs graduation so how can I do with my graduation?did the provide us facility for graduation?
Hey friend,

After getting selected in NDA Exam there is no use of preparing for the CDS Exam as both NDA and CDS are defence service exam of India

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

The NDA Exam is conducted for candidates to join in defence forces of India such as:

> Indian Army
> Indian Navy
> Indian Air Force

Likewise CDS is also conducting for candidates to join in defence forces.

The difference is that you can apply for the NDA Exam right after completing your respected +2 from a recognized school board.

In the case of CDS you need to have completed a degree which takes little more time to join in defence.

If you have joined in NDA it is a good issue so it is better that you continue in NDA itself

ALL THE BEST
15th June 2012, 04:25 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for CDS after getting selected in NDA with 12th?

Quote:

hi friend,

you can prepare for cds written exam from books
- upkar cds
- asian cds exam guide
- arihant pathfinder cds exam book
but for ssb you can prepare from:
- by group discussion on social issues
- by covering current affairs
- by preparing reasoning from rs aggarwal
best of luck.............
15th June 2012, 05:37 PM
bhargavipooja

Arrow Re: How to prepare for CDS after getting selected in NDA with 12th?

hi friend,

you can choose best books and best couching centre for crack the CDS EXAM

[SIZE=5][/SIZE][SIZE=5]
Coaching and Preparation

Candidates are advised to carry out a planned preparation for the written examination. A review of previous question papers is particularly beneficial. Regular reference to a good competition magazine like "The Competition Master" may be of immense use as it would assist the candidates in preparing English and General Knowledge papers. Features on Personality Development and General Intelligence are quite useful during the SSB interview.

The interview needs special preparations. As different from usual interviews, it is a comprehensive personality test to which most fresh candidates have no previous exposure. It is suggested that the candidates should go through some standard book on SSB interviews. It is also recommended that fresh candidates should join some coaching academy providing fruitful coaching for SSB interviews. Such academies/institutions are being run by retired service officers in several cities and towns.

all the best.....
[/SIZE][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=5][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=5] 
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
15th June 2012, 05:44 PM
bhargavipooja

Arrow Re: How to prepare for CDS after getting selected in NDA with 12th?

hi friend, you can choose best couching centre and books And do hard work for ckrack the exam... Coaching and Preparation Candidates are advised to carry out a planned preparation for the written examination. A review of previous question papers is particularly beneficial. Regular reference to a good competition magazine like "The Competition Master" may be of immense use as it would assist the candidates in preparing English and General Knowledge papers. Features on Personality Development and General Intelligence are quite useful during the SSB interview. The interview needs special preparations. As different from usual interviews, it is a comprehensive personality test to which most fresh candidates have no previous exposure. It is suggested that the candidates should go through some standard book on SSB interviews. It is also recommended that fresh candidates should join some coaching academy providing fruitful coaching for SSB interviews. Such academies/institutions are being run by retired service officers in several cities and towns. ALL THE BEST..
15th June 2012, 09:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
The CDS exam details eligibility criteria are as follows....

The best books for preparation are as follows....

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
15th June 2012, 10:21 PM
Radhakrishna143

If you have been selected to the NDA you don't
need to join for another graduation course. The
course offered by NDA is equivalent to graduation.
It is affiliated to JNU, Delhi. You will have the
option to select for the humanities or science
stream. You should choose the science stream if you plan to join Navy or Air Force.
20th March 2013, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
if i got passed in NDA written test while i am studying in 12 th so is there any need to complete the 12th or not
21st March 2013, 01:32 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
If you are select for N.D.A exam then you will no need to appear in C.D.S exam.

After passing N.D.A exam you can join Defence Services like:-
> Army
> Navy
> Air force

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
In month of and April and August.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?