21st November 2011, 11:45 AM
chetan sharma

Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?

i want to all air force relate exam details
i am very much interested to get a job in air force.

27th November 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?

dear sir,
am a 3rd year cse student. am a girl. i want to join the INDIAN AIR FORCE. so could you please help me by giving the details reg the exams and the procedure.
27th November 2011, 06:46 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You can join in Indian Air Force by appear NDA exam,if you have completed 12th class with PCM stream and your age should lies between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

For more details about NDA exam,then see the NDA attachment file.

If you have going to complete graduation degree or completed the course and your age is between 19 to 24 years,then you can join Indian Air Force by appearing CDS exam.

For more details about CDS exam,then see the CDS attachment file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 111 views)
3rd December 2011, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

I have appeared in wat 2011 on dt 27-11-11 at delhi conducted by air force. I want to know about its result
5th March 2012, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

is it important for an candidate talk only english in interview?
29th March 2012, 05:21 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
You are not mentioned your educational qualification but iam providing you the all information about this exam.

To get a job in airforce you have to write NDA exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

You have to complete 12th from any recognised state board of india.

Age limits are 16.5years to 19years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to write exam.

The candidate shoul be a citizen of india.

For further details visit the official website of UPSC:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
30th March 2012, 09:52 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan sharma View Post
i want to all air force relate exam details
i am very much interested to get a job in air force.

Air force Examinations :-
  • National Defence Academy
  • Combined Defence Service

AFCAT (Air force Common Admission Test ) consist of :-
  • Technical Branch
  • Flying Branch
  • Ground Duty Branch

NDA Exam :-

The candidate need to completed 12th examination with physics , chemistry and mathematics subjects with minimum pass marks or equivalent examination from a recognized School.The candidate age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply !!!

CDS Exam :-

The candidate have to passed their graduate degree with mathematics subjects in 12th level examination or engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.The candidate age should be between 19 years and 23 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply !!!

AFCAT Technical Branch :-

The candidate have to completed aeronautics engineering in electronics or mechanical department from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in their examination.The candidate age should be between 18 to 25 years.

Flying Branch :-

The candidate have to passed their graduate degree with mathematics subjects in 12th level examination or engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and the must secure at least 60% aggregate marks in their examination.The candidate age should be between 19 years and 23 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply !!!

Ground Duty Branch :-

The candidate need to completed graduate degree or post graduate degree from a recognized University and the candidate age should be between 20 years to 27 years.
30th March 2012, 10:52 AM
krish.prasad74

Smile Re: Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?

DEAR Friend,

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is a part of recently introduced Unified Selection System to provide adequate opportunities to the candidates eligible for multiple branches of the IAF to apply through single application. AFCAT is conducted for the following non UPSC entries for induction into Officers’ cadre of the IAF.
Flying branch
Short Service Commission (Men / Women)
Technical branch
Permanent Commission (Men) / Short Service Commission (Men / Women)
Ground Duty branches
Permanent Commission (Men) / Short Service Commission (Men / Women)
2. AFCAT has been introduced with effect from courses commencing in Jan 2012. The first AFCAT was held on 27 Mar 2011. Earlier, a candidate had to fill up separate application forms for induction into Flying, Technical and Ground Duty branches and participate in the selection process by appearing in different tests. Through AFCAT, the candidates can apply for different branches by filling up one single application form as per eligibility and choice. A common entrance test i.e. AFCAT is conducted for all the branches. Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is of two hours duration and contains multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and aptitude. Click here to view scheme of syllabus and sample questions of AFCAT. Candidates short-listed on the basis of AFCAT are called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards. Candidates recommended after Phase – II of SSB interview are administered the following branch specific tests based on their eligibility / choice of branches:-
(a) Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) for Flying branch.
(b) Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT)
3. Medical Examination is conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM, Bengaluru based on the eligibility of the candidate and recommendations at Air Force Selection Board (AFSB).
4. Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit are detailed for training in order of All India Merit List depending on the number of vacancies available in various branches / sub branches.
16th May 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

minimum marks required for NDA exam? maximum age required to give exam? my age is 19 yrs and six months ,am i eligible to give exam? (i am Amrinder Singh)
19th May 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

which book we should follow for the preparation of exam.....?????(group x and y)
5th July 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE APROBLEM IN MY LEG THAT MY BOTH LEG GOING ATTACH THERE IS NO ANY DIFFERENCE HOW IT WILL BE RIGHT?
20th July 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

i completed my diplomo in EEE department,i want the date of entrance examination,i am interested in airforce
21st July 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

iam pursuring b.sc(it) in bharathiyar university collage i need how to write the exam then given a model question with airforce exam
11th September 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam given by IAF for non technical trade
21st December 2012, 07:32 PM
b111084

hi,
you have to read mathematics,Gk,physics
22nd December 2012, 04:43 PM
Sandeep Goyat 7

Thumbs up Re: Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?

For this you can apply for the NDA exam which is conducted twice in a year. For applying for the form your age must be between 16.5 years to 19 years and you must be a citizen of India or Bhutan or Nepal. You must be 12th appearing or passed. Then after clearing the exam you will face a 7 days SSB after which you can join Indian Air Force. Best of luck.
21st April 2016, 11:36 PM
sah.alok932

Different Entrance Examination For Indian Air Force,THREE namely
1)NDA-National Defence Academy
10+2 candidates passed or applied are applicable
Age Limit-16.5 years to 19.5 years
Three Stage selection-1)Written 2)5 days SSB(Service Selection Board) Interview 3)Medical Test

NDA is conducted by UPSC twice in a year once in the month of January and June.

2)CDSE-Combined Defence Service Examination
Candidates who have completed Graduation with physics and maths are applicable.
Age Limit-18 to 23 years(At the time of commencement of course)
Selection is of four stage
1)Written Exam
2)Service Selection Board
3)PABT-Pilot Attribute Battery Test
4)Medical Test

CDSE is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
CDSE is for Fighter pilot as Flying Branch in Indian Air Force

AFCAT-Air Force Common Admission Test
It is mostly for those who have completed Post Graduation.
All types of Post Graduation Stream are available to apply,Indian Air Force gives various entries for Post Graduation degree holder.
Age Limit-18 to 24 years(At the time of Commencement of Course).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?