26th November 2010, 03:31 PM
avshesh nigam

How to prepare for Civil Services exam?

I'M 31 Years old & want govt. job. can i prepare civil services exams

30th November 2010, 11:26 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for Civil Services exam?

Maximum age limit is 30,so you are over age.

All the best.
30th November 2010, 11:50 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudraprasad View Post
Maximum age limit is 30,so you are over age.

All the best.
maximum age is 30 sir..you are not eligible for civil service exam....but u can try for other govt exam
1st December 2010, 11:20 AM
lavanyaratala

hello sir....
you should not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
But...the upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c.upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
so check whether you are eligible are not
1st December 2010, 03:49 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as your age is 31 so you will not be eligible for civil service examination.

the maximum age limit for civil service examination is 30 for general candidate. there is 5years relaxation for SC/St candidate. if you belongs to SC/ST then you are till eligible for civil service examination.

then you may try for it. but if you are general candidate then you already missed your chances. now you should try for other job. or if you are doing any job you have to continue with it.

best wishes.
1st December 2010, 04:03 PM
raja jeganathan

Post Re: How to prepare for Civil Services exam?

here i list out the age limitation for civil exam from that
1st you have 2 know ether you are eligible or not

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(vii) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
1st December 2010, 04:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Assuming you know the age limit of appearing for civil service exam, it is 30 unless you belong to SC/ST category. Preparation for IAS exam should start at an early age as it need good feel of current affairs and english language proficiency. One of the area will be your subject knowledge. You can enrol yourself to any of the coaching centres too
1st December 2010, 04:58 PM
salik.allama

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for Civil Services exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avshesh nigam View Post
If you are in special cotegries like OBC, SC, and others, you can prepare, because max. age limit for gen. candidate is 28 years.
1st December 2010, 05:05 PM
nalawdeajit

if u r from any reserved category then u can give exam. but not then sorry.
1st December 2010, 05:29 PM
ramakant sharma

your age limit is exceeded but make sure that if you belong to sc or st than you can go for that

for preparing you need to complete resent's topic and other general awareness among with that practice general apptitude and reasoning from r.s. agrawal book

wish you all the best
1st December 2010, 07:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

You are not eligible for Civil Service Examinations Because Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

So, you are 31 years old, so you are not eligible for Civil Services Exams.

So, If you are doing jobs, so please concentrate on it.

Because you have cross your age limit, so, you are not eligible.
1st December 2010, 07:51 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Sorry,You are not eligible for Civil Service Examinations
to appear exam Candidate must not have age more than 30.

As you are 31 years old,thats why u r not elligible.
But if you belongs to sc/st then you may get 5 years of relaxation.

good luck.....
1st December 2010, 09:15 PM
revanth

if you belong to sc/st category then you can give it a try.
i'm sorry to say this.. if you are a general category candidate then you already crossed the age limit. you are not eligible.
2nd December 2010, 07:34 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

to prepare for Civil Services exam

b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c.upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

good luck.
2nd December 2010, 06:41 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

you cannot attend the exam but you have only one chance if you are SC or ST you can attend the exam up to the age of 35,check it out with that, or work hard in getting a good job in private field
don't worry success is your's Best of luck
2nd December 2010, 09:40 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes , u can but only if u belong to OBC or SC/ST category
2nd December 2010, 10:48 PM
saswata06

For general candidates the age limit is 30 years.But for SC/st candidates it is relaxable upto 5 years.So if u come under this category then there is a hope for u.
4th December 2010, 12:16 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

If you are graduate and within the following age category, then you are eligible.

(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.

(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:

(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2010 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2010) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.

(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2010 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

(vii) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
23rd March 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for a civil service examination?
16th July 2011, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

can other state candidate gave jammu and kashmir civil services exam?
28th January 2012, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

hi..
plz tell me the procedure to apply for civils n about the subjects related to civils
28th January 2012, 04:54 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
civil service exam are held every year by the union public service commission and includes stages namely aptitude exam, written main exam followed by personnel interview. So you need a good preparation for the written exams and then only you will be able to join the service.
The aptitude exam consist of papers which is common for all the aspirants irrespective of their discipline. Various books are available which gives about the repeated question models with sojouttino. And alre you need a good preparation for the main exam.
The main exam consist of mind papers of which 4 papers are common and the aspirant can choose other optional papers as per your wish. The steps to get good marks. First do not fear about the exam and think it like a ordinary exam. You can refer previous year question papers and you have gaps between two exams allowing for your preparation. The question paper consist of one mark and a big question.
15th February 2012, 05:18 PM
puchu007

hello sir....

so check whether you are eligible are not
5th December 2012, 05:48 PM
ashis.career

If you are graduate and within the following age category, then you are eligible.

(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:

(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2010 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2010) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.

(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2010 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

5th February 2013, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

what is the right option for choosing optional subject for a medical student?
10th October 2013, 03:57 PM
Unregisteredsachin kumar

how i prepare examination
Quote:
Originally Posted by avshesh nigam View Post
31st January 2014, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir i'm 6th sem EC engg prefinal year student,i'm very confused for IAS preparation of preliminary as well as main exams .
how to start the preparation for prelimanary exam .and plz suggest me, which books are the best books and authors for prelimanary and also main (my optional subjects are geography and public admnistrtive) . plz send me this email [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?