16th November 2010, 12:19 PM
bonala.chaitanya

How to prepare for GATE?

Hi Friends, how to prepare for the gate.please i don't know how to prepare for compititive exams.

19th November 2010, 08:07 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE?

hii

consentrate on ur branch paperes and be clear on ur fundamentals the questions asked are very fundamental

good luck.
19th November 2010, 04:27 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink

dear friend
your GATE exam is very near you should join any coaching centre for help if you are not able to join coaching centre then you go through study material and you should to hard labor for good score in GATE because if you want crack GATE exam then your basic concept should be very clear and you make a good notes for exam time and you should study in proper way .you help from Made easy study material is a good material preparation for GATE.Because you have very less time for preparation because exam date is 13feb.
good luck..........

dear friend
you should hard labor this 3 months because only 3 month is left for gate exam and you should try for any study material and make a routine for daily study . make one notes for preparation for exam time because there is no much more time for gate .your basic concept should be clear because there is not need remember any thing.
19th November 2010, 07:19 PM
vikash.digha.patna

hi chatanya,
this is vikash
i think these competitive are no better than our school exams
if you would look at the question being asked in the gate,jee,aieee
actually they contain the most common questions but having an edge over
our school's straight forward questions
and you can have that sharpness by thinking on even simplest questions rather
solving it because the questions being asked in comp. exams are unseen for us
and the man who sets it have the same syllabus that we have
but he thinks that where the student can make mistake in realising it
so from today itself you start thinking on each question that they asked earlier
and you will really realise that these contain the topics that are always being remain
uncared ,or we are lacking proper information about that topic
and remember it is only you who are going to do everything so never feel that i can't
do it,the moment you say it you are already lost
talking about materials which you should use
0. before starting any study have a full fresh mind
1. you select by your own a book that contains the topic there in your syllabus and stay affix to it but you should select it your own wisely
2. have a look over the contents of the topic and then go through previous year paper
on that topic and then compare your understanding and your lackness
3. never be dependent on any guider i.e. any teacher it is you only sufficient to look after your life and be optimistic

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
19th November 2010, 08:19 PM
Jinu Alex

dear friend,
all competitive exams need a well before hand preparation. but there is nothing to get panicked or tensed. what you simply and basically need to do is understand the usual pattern of the exam. just go through some of the previous question papers, to know the patern. based on it find out the regions in which you might be weak and give more concentration to them. there are gate books available to help you with that. start taking back all your books starting from the third semester and start studying or revising them. you should be technically sound to come out successfully.
simultaneously, have practice sessions too by solving some of the mock tests that are present in the gate books.
have a relaxed study schedule of atleast one hour a day if you have a minimum of one year in hand.
all the very best. God bless you.
20th November 2010, 11:19 AM
bonala.chaitanya

Hi Friends,
Tanks For your giving suggestions vikash,sumit,jinu and asahu.Actualy i am a S/w Developer.Totlay i am spend with 10 hours in office.so i am not going to any coaching centers.so if any easy to prepare for gate(cse) it means which one is most scoring
1st December 2010, 08:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

If you really want to prepare for GATE exams, then please start your study from now.

Try to clear your basics and expand your reading and develop interest in the subjects relevant to GATE only then you will get sucess in GATE exams.

Join some good coaching center, if you really want to get sucess in short time Because coaching institutes will provide you useful material and tips for preparation for GATE Exams.

So, please concentrate in your studies and purchase some good books from the market and try to solve previous year papers of GATE exams, Only then you will able to crack the GATE exams.

If you dont focus individually in home then please try to study in a group because it is one of the best ways of preparation of GATE exams.

This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.

ok

All the best.
1st December 2010, 09:01 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

The GATE exam is the compitative exam for M.TECH. For a seat in IIT or NIT
for this exam you have to prepair as per the syllabus for your branch.
you hv not mentioned your branch , if you mention it then i can help u in better way.
any way you can prefer go through websites for previous yer questions and can reffer to institutes also

good luck.....
1st December 2010, 09:49 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: How to prepare for GATE?

dear friend you have very less time so dont go any where just purchase a 10 year solved paper book of made easy and notes of gateforum or acc coaching classes

in case you are week in subjective knowledge than go for made easy theoretical notes it will give you basic knowledge as well as concept to attempt questions

after reading or completing that portion solve 10 years question paper make sure that dont learn question try to solve it

in exam like gate concepts is only thing that will help you so make your concept clear and sharp about each topic

concerning sysllabus each branch contains minimum 12 subject dont go for all that select any six to seven subject of your intrest it is basic key to crack the gate , while attempting question maintain quality instead of quantity

attepting 30 correct question out of 65 will lead you to any iit or nit

all the best
1st December 2010, 10:15 PM
SUDIPTA TIWARI

this year i shall appear for gate paper in life science,i have tried to solve previos year qustion paper,but my knowoledge is too poor to solve quistions,how can i improve my knowledge to crack gate exam with high score.please help me
1st December 2010, 11:06 PM
mamta24
Member+

you start from yhe syllabus of gate exam.
collect the syllabus from gate site & collect all the study materal for that syllabus & divide the time for syllabus.& start preparation from now.
2nd December 2010, 12:36 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to prepare for GATE first you should go through the GATE syllabus. then you should go through the previous year question papers for GATE.

then decide from the syllabus which portion of the syllabus you have already completed with care at the time of B.Tech or after revising which portion will be completed. then try to cover the portion of the syllabus.

buy some good books from market and try to solve that book.

for preparation first try to cover the maximum portion of mathematics. because atleast 25marks comes from mathematics. so if you can solve at least 15 marks then it will be very easy to qualify GATE for you. after that concentrate on aptitude part. this part contains 15marks. so if you can secure at least 6 to 8 marks from it then you are almost qualified.

now solve some question from you departmental technical subject and you will crack the GATE examination. here i gave a view for general candidate. if you are a very good student and you want to secure a good marks then try to solve each question from any part of the syllabus. try to study the whole syllabus.

best wishes.
2nd December 2010, 01:04 AM
chandana Reddy

go through the gate syllabus...study the topics required thoroughly and solve previous year question papers..

good luck
2nd December 2010, 01:52 AM
amit_2010

Hi
I do not know your branch so I am giving a general answer applicable to all branch.
You have to cover as much as possible your syllabus upto just before last month. If you are an appearing candidate for 30 jan 2011 exam then your syllabus should be revised at this month only. Just one month before you have to start practice set of GATE :It may be online http://www.gateprep.com/ or purchase any practice set available in the market.
For GATE 2012 you can start preparation by joining correspondence course like brilliant tutorials with your B.TECH./B.E. books. Thorough study required in all portion of syllabus with complete assignment given by brilliant tutorials study materials . This material with reference books/ text books of your branch is more than enough for preparation and getting higher percentile/rank. In these materials all syllabus with monthly study plan are given so just you have to follow that. This study material will also give you test papers time to time so you need not worry.
I hope you got your answer .
Best of luck.
If you want specific answer in any branch specify.
2nd December 2010, 02:17 AM
saranarayanan

just go through the syllabus for ur branch..then collect notes and material for that paper..normally as for gate exam is concerned we should go through more than 15 subjects at a time...so be strong in fundamentals is essential....prefer gate book by gk publishers which will give u an clear idea...but in depth concepts is essential....remember the gate score is valid for 2 years from ur appearing....this the organising institute is iit madras....u will get all detail by visiting the website gate.iitm.ac.in....all the best...prepare well....
2nd December 2010, 07:03 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

The best way to prepare for GATE is to refer the test books right from the first year.Be strong in your core subjects like C,C++,Java,Blue J.Be strong in the languages part so that you can answer any type of question asked on them.

Look into the previous year question papers so that you get a clear picture of the type of questions being asked in GATE.

Refer textbooks of standard authors and publications like

Computer science by Balaguru Swamy,B.A Forouzan and R.F Gillberg.

Data Structures by Mark Allen Weiss,Pearson Education.

Unix and Shell Programming by Richard .F,Gillberg,Thomson.

Software Engineering by K.k Agrwal and Yogesh SIngh,New Age publications

Programming Languages by Louden,Second edition,Thomson.

Computer organization and Architecture by William Stallings.

All the best,prepare well
2nd December 2010, 07:33 AM
punyasree

Smile Re: How to prepare for GATE?

To prepare for gate.
First thing is collect the old papers of gate by surfing in the internet. Collect at least 10 papers, you will get to know the degree of difficultness based on your knowledge. Then start working hard in the same way. Higher the difficultiness, more effort should be given.
Secondly, study and understand the basics subjects of your branch first. Because, these basics are the one which leads to higher derivations.
Thirdly, understand the concept, and think in a simpler way to answer.
Fourthly, study atleast 3 hours a day, you will suceed in it.
2nd December 2010, 07:51 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

You have very little time to prepare for GATE as it is going to take place on 13th feb 2011 .if you are in dilema or confusion about how to study, then i will suggest you to join some coaching classes. this will definetely help you a lot. but if it is not possible then go through the various study materials available for the preparation of GATE. you are needed to study atleast 7 hour daily .Good luck
2nd December 2010, 08:28 AM
Rajesh_123

Hard work with honesty only one key from which you can passout for gate examination
You should study as much as you can hard working is base for success
2nd December 2010, 08:31 AM
neethubobby

hey hi
preparation for GATE is not easy.the amount of time and dedication all depends on how much you know the subject.if your core knowledge is good then it wont take much time.
try getting hold of some standard text books and materials. go thru them often,then try identifying the normal mistakes people do and find out short cuts for solving complicated things.be consistent,m sure your hardwork will pay you
all the best
2nd December 2010, 10:13 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

To prepare for GATE, you should start with your subjects from basic. You shoul have the functional knowledge of each and every topics you cover as the questions asked are very basic kind of. You must have the deep knowledge of your subjects as GATE is for admission to Master's degree, so you should be master in those subjects.
2nd December 2010, 10:32 AM
sasha.hon

hi bonala.chaitanya
For preparing for GATE,first of all you have to clear certain points about the examination and the question paper pattern:
1.The questions asked in exams are really really conceptual.So if your concepts are clear then questions are really easy for you.
2.Do not waste time on coaching or any tution if you are preparing for GATE 2011,since exam is on 13 February,so it's time for you to sit on your chair and revise everything you have studied until now and make your fundamentals more clear.
3.There are many books available in market for GATE,so you can refer any of them.Remember you just need a guidance.So refer to syllabus and analyze each subject according to their weight in exam and 'your interest'.
4.Go through the sample papers and previous year papers so that you can have a clear idea about the question paper.Solve these papers so that you can know your speed and you can practice to schedule your time for each section.
5.Finish through reading of a chapter of subject, make short notes of important points, this will help you at last moment to revise what you have read.
6.Have faith.All the best
2nd December 2010, 10:40 AM
heenaghule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonala.chaitanya View Post
Hi Friends, how to prepare for the gate.please i don't know how to prepare for compititive exams.
GATE examination comprises of a single paper of three hours duration in which there are 65 questions that carry a maximum of 100 marks. It consists of multiple choice questions. From the year 2010, the pattern of GATE question paper has been changed from the previous pattern where 55 Technical questions and 10 questions of General Aptitude will be included that will carry 100 marks. These questions should be attempted in three hours timing. There is the complete question paper pattern of GATE 2010

and even thr are many online tests are available and that too free as much as possible give mock tests it will help you
2nd December 2010, 11:13 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Quote:

dear friend GATE is a standard exam for engineers to get into m.tech .you have very less time left for the preparation of this very exam. i had attached a file which contains a detail of preparation tips.
if you are not sure what to do then i will suggest you to join some coaching. good luck
Attached Files
File Type: docx gate 211.docx(11.8 KB, 82 views)
2nd December 2010, 11:34 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

hi Friends
Be strong in your basic from the First year, what ever may be the Department, work hard for last 3 month, don't study at that time, go through all once, if u study at that time u will forget the concept ,always be positive, from last Aptitude questions as been included so that concentrate on that more, and maths too.

i will send some of the model question papers for the Instrumentation Department, check it out that question, it will be helpful
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper 1.pdf(202.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper 2.pdf(520.6 KB, 480 views)
File Type: pdf TNPSC Sample Paper 3.pdf(1.13 MB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper 3.pdf(849.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper 4.pdf(722.0 KB, 600 views)
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper 5.pdf(347.3 KB, 455 views)
2nd December 2010, 11:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
GATE preparation requires the same effort and hard work similar to the preparation of college exams. Be much focused while studying. The GATE focus on in-depth understanding of the subjects and basics. Always follow standard books intended for GATE exam and prepare notes after every chapter. You can also conduct group study with friends to share and improve each other’s knowledge. Follow the pattern of study, test, evaluate and improve.
2nd December 2010, 11:47 AM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Preparing for GATE require patience and hard work. Because to preapre GATE exams is not a easy task.

I suggest you buy the book for GATE 2011 in your stream. It will have previous year question papers so that you can practice by solving them.

You should prepare Yourself for this exams, other wise its better if you join in some institute.

So, i will suggest you, just Bring previous year question papers and try to solve them regularly.

So, if you are good at study and you can handle it yourself than no need to waste money on coachings you have to purchase the gate entrance books.

Just concentrate on your study, you will definately crack this exams with good marks.
2nd December 2010, 01:29 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

For preparing GATE you need to concentrate on all the subjects of your b.tech curriculum and try to solve previous year question paper as much as you can ...and if you are in third or second year then better to take coaching as it make you more punctual in respect of study ...................
2nd December 2010, 01:32 PM
Rajesh_123

consentrate on ur branch
paperes and be clear on ur
fundamentals the questions
asked are very fundamental
good luck
2nd December 2010, 07:17 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I want to tell u three tips
1. Collect all of your syllabus of your graduation bcoz only this would be the syllabus which will come in your GATE.
2 If u dont have the all topics either refer to some friend or join coaching classes
3 practice last yr papers in last month.
2nd December 2010, 09:53 PM
SUDIPTA TIWARI

for cracking gate in life sciences in this short period can you give me a valuable tips in which topic i must emphasise to crack gate.
10th January 2011, 08:57 PM
sindhusweety

Wink Re: How to prepare for GATE?

hello friend,
know the syllabus for gate and prepare systamatically.
books are avalable for preparation of gate in book stores and collect previous year test papers and prepare well
27th February 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I am brijesh prajapati from baroda in gujarat....i am in the final year of e&c in b.e........i want to crack gate 2012 with 100 percentile.............my situation is such like that i can't join any coaching classes.........give me some best tips for achieving my goal................
15th March 2011, 10:48 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Here i am providing you some guidelines which will be helpful for you for your GATE preparation.

-Prepare a time table for yourself so that you can complete the syllabus in time.

-Allocate priorities to the subjects on the basis of how you feel whether ease or difficult.

-Go through previous year question papers of GATE exam so that you may have the chance to get the same questions or questions in the same pattern.

-Collect yourself some notes from several resources like GATE forums and other online available GATE materials. This will let you know the essential questions that you need to prepare.

-Purchase GATE questions and answers book. As soon as you complete a particular topic or unit, go through several questions from the GATE questions and answers book. This will let you know the way how the questions are being asked.

-My sincere suggestion is not to prepare for the exam by soft copy that is by using a system. Because there is every chance that you may shift to other entertainment activities like music from your PC.
15th March 2011, 11:00 PM
yogs.singh

concepts is only thing that will help you so make your concept clear and sharp about each topic

practice last yr papers in last month.

.Finish through reading of a chapter of subject, make short notes of important points, this will help you at last moment to revise what you have read.

Join some good coaching center, if you really want to get sucess in short time Because coaching institutes will provide you useful material and tips for preparation for GATE Exams.

So, please concentrate in your studies and purchase some good books from the market and try to solve previous year papers of GATE exams, Only then you will able to crack the GATE exams.
16th March 2011, 12:39 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hard work, determination & right strategy will help you to get selected for the post graduate engineering courses offered through GATE exam by IITs & other participating colleges.

Some useful strategies for cracking GATE exam are:

Have a strong hold of the fundamentals.
Selection of right books & study materials.
Try to solve model papers based on latest exam pattern.
Analyze result, find out the weak areas & try to overcome those weak areas.
Regular practice is the only key to success in any exam.
16th March 2011, 03:03 AM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for GATE?

hello friend,
For preparing for GATE,first of all you have to clear certain points about the examination and the question paper pattern:
1.The questions asked in exams are really really conceptual.So if your concepts are clear then questions are really easy for you.
2.Do not waste time on coaching or any tution if you are preparing for GATE 2011,since exam is on 13 February,so it's time for you to sit on your chair and revise everything you have studied until now and make your fundamentals more clear.
3.There are many books available in market for GATE,so you can refer any of them.Remember you just need a guidance.So refer to syllabus and analyze each subject according to their weight in exam and 'your interest'.
4.Go through the sample papers and previous year papers so that you can have a clear idea about the question paper.Solve these papers so that you can know your speed and you can practice to schedule your time for each section.
5.Finish through reading of a chapter of subject, make short notes of important points, this will help you at last moment to revise what you have read.
6.Have faith.

good luck
9th June 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
Am: s lavanya reddy,
How to prepare for GATE?I have complited my diploma in ECE.Now I have complited B.Tech 2nd year.am avarage student.I want to prepare my own.I don't know anything about GATE.please guipe me
6th July 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate i mean daily..?
31st August 2011, 10:04 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
If you want to prepare for gate exam then its a very good step from you.Gate is an entrance paper for mtech and if you get good marks in gate exam than its very good for you to get good college for mtech.You can get NIT college if you scored good marks in gate.So the first step is you should try to prepare for your branch subjects.You should clear your all basics on branch subjects.It helps you to get good marks in gate.You can also choose any intitution course for gate preperation so that it will very helpful for you.There are many institute for gate preperation.You can also choose books for refrence.
''R.S. AGARWAL'' is the best book for preperation and also ''n.k gate 2012'' helps you to get good marks.
Do regular preperation and give daily 4-5 hours for gate preperation.Do regular practice.It helps you a lot.

All the best for gate exam.
19th October 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

hi all
i wrote gate 11 and got only 17 i am mechanical engg stream i want to prepare for gate 12 also can any body suggest me way to pass this exam
is studying at home better than going to coaching centers
if then which is the best institute in chennai
30th October 2011, 10:42 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

->Yes you are eligible to appear in the GATE Exams .GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.This exam is conducted jointly by IIT's and ISM.

->The duration of test is 3 hours.I total there are 65 questions with a maximum of 100 marks. Objective type questions are also included in the test.

->In the AE and TF papers, there are 60 multiple type questions. Four alternatives will be there.

->Eligibility Criteria for GATE exam:

1)If you are in the second year or more in the Integrated Master’s degree course (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology

2)If you have got through tests carried out by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

3)A candidate who is a Post graduate in Science/statistics/maths/computer application or the students who are in the last year of these courses

4)Students who are pursuing the last year of B.E/ B.Tech/B.Arch course.

5)Those students who are in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree course and Dual Degree course in Engineering/Technology

->You can buy the application form from the Nearby banks and The exam is conducted in the month of February.The application forms can available from September 4th week.The results come out by March mid week.

THE LIST OF COLLEGES PARTICIPATING IN GATE EXAM IS:

* Anna University
* BIT Meshra
* BITS Pillani
* Delhi College of Engineering
* IIIT Hyderabad
* IISc Bangalore
* IIT Bombay
* IIT Delhi
* IIT Guwahati
* IIT Kanpur
* IIT Kharagpur
* IIT Madras
* IIT Roorkee
* IT BHU
* Jadavpur University
* MLNR Allahabad
* NIT Jamshedpur
* NIT Suratkal
* NIT Trichy
* NIT Warangal
* Osmania University
* TIFR

THE EXAMINATION PATTERN IS:

GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?